Is the "A New Order" Campaign Canon in Wesnoth's Lore?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

QHero

Is the "A New Order" Campaign Canon in Wesnoth's Lore?

Post by QHero »

I was trying to map out a timeline from 800 YW to 950 YW so that I could build a campaign which kept in line with the continuity. It was going well until I reached this information on the Garardine Dynasty page of the Wesnoth wiki: "It was a descendant of these rulers that married the Hagarthen king of Vakladia, and whose son in around 900 YW became King Gawen Haldric Hagarthen, the first Garardine to rule all of Wesnoth in more than 250 years."

I did some more research and noticed that it was an add-on, but the fact that it was still on the wiki confused me a bit. Is it canon, or does King Gawen Haldric Hagarthen not really exist?
sergey

Re: Is the "A New Order" Campaign Canon in Wesnoth's Lore?

Post by sergey »

As I know, add-ons are not "official history". I was surprised to see the quote mentioned by QHero here https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Garardine_Dynasty. And it was already there in the initial version of the page, 11 November 2007‎.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
QHero

Re: Is the "A New Order" Campaign Canon in Wesnoth's Lore?

Post by QHero »

That's very strange. I'll act under the assumption that it isn't canon for the moment in that case. Thank you for the help!