Infinite Fates - Infinite RPG

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Infinite Fates - Infinite RPG

Post by Heindal »

This so far a working draft for the campaign 'Infinte Fates'. It's a single player rpg scenario of an immortal, wandering soul, which takes the roles of different heroes and grows stronger over the time. It will take place on the Wesnoth Worldmap.

The timeline is between 200-630 YW. This includes 200-350 YW: The Golden Age of Wesnoth, 350-417 YW: The First Dark Age of Wesnoth, 417-530 YW: The Turmoil of Asheviere and 530-630 YW: The Age of Fear. I'm not quite sure if I take the timeline in account by changing the worldmap based on events in the timeline (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Timeline_of_Wesnoth).

Heroes are mortals and so they have a limited life span, based on the selected race. The soul (you) takes control over a hero until he dies, either because his time has come (lifespan expanded) or because he died in battle (iron poisoning). Than you will have to create a new hero. During your quests and lives you will make experience and achievements.

Races, Classes, special abilities or background stories to create your heroes will unlock, each time you make an achievement.

For example stealing gold for the first time could unlock the 'thief' as a class. Visiting Glamdrol could unlock orcs as a race. Having high fame would allow you to take a noble background story. The extended use of poison could unlock poison immunity.

I've already found solutions to make all parts of this game. But I need to overwork some concepts I've used in Strange Legacy, such as character creation (RPG Mode), spell casting and inventory.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
profyverya

Re: Infinite Fates - Infinite RPG

Post by profyverya »

I think it will be interesting. I will be waiting for it.
Creator of The World of Death RPG, maintainer of Soldier of Wesnoth