Epic Between the Tides (A 1.14 single player campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Epic Between the Tides (A 1.14 single player campaign)

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Played on easy, and it was pretty fair. I ran into a couple areas where I just got slaughtered.
Spoiler:
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Green Trolls
rune master -> runemaster
reminds magician -> remember magician

Fishing Gold
not do much for him, -> not do much for them,
lair -> liar
and collect more gold you can. -> and collect as much gold as you can
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Spoiler:
Konrad2 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 6:45 pm Green Trolls
rune master -> runemaster
reminds magician -> remember magician

Fishing Gold
not do much for him, -> not do much for them,
lair -> liar
and collect more gold you can. -> and collect as much gold as you can
fixed (2.0.7 version)
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Argesilao wrote: March 4th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Spoiler:
I figured my unit selection could be better. But, I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. A big part of the issue I had was the enemy appeared out of the fog and killed a lot of my units in one turn. They could do a lot of damage, my units had relatively few HP, and I couldn't prepare for them. It's hard to hit back effectively when you're already dead.

The second objective is pretty darn extreme. Looking back, I'm wondering. I assumed you had to accomplish both. Now I'm thinking that if you actually had a choice of which objective and could focus on either one or the other the scenario/objectives would make a lot more sense. Is it supposed to be a choice?
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

white_haired_uncle wrote: March 4th, 2019, 10:55 pm The second objective is pretty darn extreme. Looking back, I'm wondering. I assumed you had to accomplish both. Now I'm thinking that if you actually had a choice of which objective and could focus on either one or the other the scenario/objectives would make a lot more sense. Is it supposed to be a choice?
More than anything it would be an option, for action's lovers :lol:

Probably I should give a greater prize to those who reach it. I'll think something when I'll review the campaign :hmm:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The amulett in 'Fishing Gold' increases the arcane resistance by only 40% (unlike the 60% in it's description).
And it would be quite helpful if the item description was given before choosing to use the item.

The Saurian Homeland
I find it extremely odd that the villages in that saurian city do not belong to the saurian leader. Even more how unresponsive he is to everthing that is going on.

When you defeat the drake leader, he says that his son will 'revenge' him. The right word is 'avenge'.

Battle for Bashaur
My ally died in turn 3 because he moved in range of an enemy leader and got attacked.
And even when he survives, he keeps doing it. Which causes him to be eventually hit for a lot of damage, so the lvl 1 drakes can finish him off easily.
(Not to mention that they get overrun quite fast.)
And I just can't save him if he decides to play suicidal like this.
EBtT-Battle for Bashaur-Auto-Save6.gz
(101.67 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
I basically request that the saurians get more gold (on hard) and that their leader has less mp (no matter the difficulty).

Reunion on the Fog Island
The scenario does not end after defeating all enemies. (I used debug commands to get past the Battle of Bashaur. But the dialog happened and the two saurians joined me.)

EDIT:
Another way to help the playere in this scenario would be giving the Undead more gold. And reduce the enemy income.
Attachments
EBtT-Battle for Bashaur Turn 9..gz
My second 'best' run.
(108.13 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
EBtT-Battle for Bashaur Turn 16.gz
My 'best' run.
(119.96 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
EBtT-Reunion in the Fog Island-Auto-Save17.gz
Scenario didn't end.
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
EBtT-Reunion in the Fog Island-Auto-Save9.gz
Scenario ends after killing the last one.
(73.44 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 9:21 pm The amulett in 'Fishing Gold' increases the arcane resistance by only 40% (unlike the 60% in it's description).
And it would be quite helpful if the item description was given before choosing to use the item.
fixed
Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 9:21 pm The Saurian Homeland
I find it extremely odd that the villages in that saurian city do not belong to the saurian leader. Even more how unresponsive he is to everthing that is going on.
In this scenario saurians are only for scenery.
Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 9:21 pm Battle for Bashaur
My ally died in turn 3 because he moved in range of an enemy leader and got attacked.
And even when he survives, he keeps doing it. Which causes him to be eventually hit for a lot of damage, so the lvl 1 drakes can finish him off easily.
(Not to mention that they get overrun quite fast.)
And I just can't save him if he decides to play suicidal like this.
I basically request that the saurians get more gold (on hard) and that their leader has less mp (no matter the difficulty).
EDIT:
Another way to help the playere in this scenario would be giving the Undead more gold. And reduce the enemy income.
I set to 0 the MP of the saurian's leader, so he can't leave his keep, I added +25 gold pieces for saurians in normal and +50 gold pieces in hard, and I change the income of saurians and their adjacent drakes.
Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2019, 9:21 pm Reunion on the Fog Island
The scenario does not end after defeating all enemies. (I used debug commands to get past the Battle of Bashaur. But the dialog happened and the two saurians joined me.)
I confess that I have no idea why this happened, but I have a little suspect. Anyway I changed the check for the victory.

It's all in the 2.0.9 version.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Battle for Bashaur
Gigandul can recall units from 'The Saurian Homeland' (where he got an early finish bonus btw), which includes the loyal units he had on the map and the reinforcements his son brought. Is that intended? (Those units are lvl 2 units.)

And you did not set the mp of my allied leader to 0.
Attachments
EBtT-Battle for Bashaur replay.gz
I've actually beaten it. ._. So many close calls though.
(87.92 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
EBtT-Battle for Bashaur-Auto-Save24.gz
My new best try.
(127.15 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Argesilao

Post by Argesilao »

Konrad2 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:31 pm Battle for Bashaur
Gigandul can recall units from 'The Saurian Homeland' (where he got an early finish bonus btw), which includes the loyal units he had on the map and the reinforcements his son brought. Is that intended? (Those units are lvl 2 units.)
It's possible :?
I posted the campaign in the 2018 but I realized it the year before, so I don't remember :doh:

Konrad2 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:31 pm And you did not set the mp of my allied leader to 0.
The max_moves of the saurian leader was set to 0 in the previous scenario (the saurian homeland)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Argesilao wrote: March 19th, 2019, 10:17 pm The max_moves of the saurian leader was set to 0 in the previous scenario (the saurian homeland)
But we were talking about The Battle of Bashaur. D:
Anyway, it's good as it is since apparently he is less likely to suicide than I thought. And him moving around and attacking enemies is very helpful and necessary.