Rebirth_in_Nature - RPG Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

RainKnight

Re: Rebirth_in_Nature - RPG Campaign

Post by RainKnight »

Konrad2 wrote: June 24th, 2018, 8:01 am The dialogue is not clear.
And scenario objectives should kinda be based on what the charakter and player knows.
1.) Finding Anna (level 0). That goal just appears, while the player has no idea who Anna is or why you would be looking for her.
2.) Finding the power source. Still no idea why or how.
3.) Finding the seals. Why would the player know how many there are and where to find them? Or what they even do?
4.) Find Anna in the Cavern (Level 1). So..how did I find out where she is? I don't quite understand.
I think its done. I apologize beforehand, but I shouldn't explain the why of Kazuur before writing the Chapter II.
Anna in the other hand, is simply an old friend, and he only wants to see her. Hahaha, I don't know if that's reason enough.
Konrad2 wrote: June 24th, 2018, 8:01 am North Ruins (Level 1)
After talking twice with that red mage, I tried talking a third time with him. Then he repeated what he said in (Level 0).
I think its done too. Should appear in the next update,
Konrad2 wrote: June 24th, 2018, 8:01 am When I tried to go from the Volcano to the drowned city (level 1), this happened: 'Error Unknown Scenario: 'S02_Kazuur'
When I go to The Drowned City from 'Northern Ruin' (level 1), the Scenario 'The Drowned City: Kazuur' happens again.
Why do I (still) heal 1 hp at daytime?
Resistance stance does not lower my mp.
I rebalanced some of the stances, it felt overpowered for some reason.

Thank you for your support.
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: June 24th, 2018, 2:37 pm 1. In the start of The Drowned City scenario I have zero or minus three HP.
2. In The Drowned City: Kazuur scenario there is an undead unit on impassable mountains, having 0 % defence.
3. I need to take every seal twice.
4. Resistance stance only increases resistances by 10 %.
I thinks its done.
Spirit_of_Currents wrote: June 24th, 2018, 2:37 pm 5. Leveling up makes enemies more powerful so it isn't beneficial. I think enemy power should depend on the area, not player's level.
Stances make very small difference. It would be more interesting if the player came able to change to different unit type.
In fact, the enemies level depends in the progress of the main quest. Should it be of other way?
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Konrad2 wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 6:54 am EDIT: (will be updated more and more)
Does your campaign name mean:
a) Nature is being reborn?
b) Something is reborn in nature?
That something is reborn in Nature. Hahaha, wait for me: I'm writing already the second chapter.
Konrad2 wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 6:54 am So, last scenario two other people got revived, Nirix and Coaxur. But only Coaxur arrived on the map.
Yes, this was intended. Its part of the plot.
Konrad2 wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 6:54 am Movement Points refill: Works. But I do suggest to give like 40 movement points, so I can move pretty much everywhere by clicking that hex once, instead of having to do so multiple times.
Let me see what I can do.

Your corrections are significantly helpful. Thanks.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Hey, this campaign is really neat so far! The stances system is really cool. I'm really looking forward to see how this turns out. :D

I'm using the latest version and Aucrin doesn't AMLA when he gets enough XP, did you forget to uncomment the AMLA macros at the end of units/Aucrin_naart.cfg?
There also seems to be a typo in utils/AucrinLevelUp.cfg line 354: {ABILITY_NAART_LINK.. 5 3} There are a couple extra dots after ABILITY_NAART_LINK.
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Inky wrote: June 29th, 2018, 2:56 am Hey, this campaign is really neat so far! The stances system is really cool. I'm really looking forward to see how this turns out. :D

I'm using the latest version and Aucrin doesn't AMLA when he gets enough XP, did you forget to uncomment the AMLA macros at the end of units/Aucrin_naart.cfg?
There also seems to be a typo in utils/AucrinLevelUp.cfg line 354: {ABILITY_NAART_LINK.. 5 3} There are a couple extra dots after ABILITY_NAART_LINK.
Sorry, my bad. I was thinking about replacing it by a point based system, so I left commented. Feel free to modify it..
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

RainKnight wrote: June 29th, 2018, 3:48 am Sorry, my bad. I was thinking about replacing it by a point based system, so I left commented. Feel free to modify it..
But did you implement it yet? If not, then this will leave a lot of people stranded without being able to get stronger.
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

RainKnight wrote: June 29th, 2018, 1:18 am In fact, the enemies level depends in the progress of the main quest. Should it be of other way?
No, that is ok. And thanks for information!
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

# Version 0.3.10
- Aucrin has been made a chaotic character
- Fixed bugs in the ENDLEVEL macro
- Balanced Level
- Added the first spell. Create mud. (Free)
- Changed the AMLA system with a point-based system in the BONFIRE event
- Added the refine soul event, to turn essences into souls, and souls into
points. Needs balancing.

-- The savegames are not compatible with older versions.
-- To use this version is needed to start since the beginning.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

When I select a level up that says Cost: 2 points, it only costs 1 point. Also, the Evasion option for increasing terrain defense doesn't seem to do anything.

I think it would be nice if the level up menu listed all options, even if you don't have enough points to get it. Otherwise you might not know to save up points for the higher cost AMLAs.

Edit: Another bug, when I changed my combat stance to Desert Traveler it healed my health to full.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

After finding Anna and every Seal I do not have any Objectives.
StellarStar

Post by StellarStar »

I have found all the seals, what now?
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

StellarStar wrote: July 12th, 2018, 3:54 pm I have found all the seals, what now?
Same here. Some dialogue hinted that the unit needs to go to the AnteChamber. But going to Antechamber doesn't trigger anything.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I don't think he got that far with creating content yet.
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Konrad2 wrote: July 14th, 2018, 4:47 pm I don't think he got that far with creating content yet.
That's right.
Unfortunately, I found a bug that corrupts the savegames in the end of the chapter, and in the second one. And I'm having a hardtime trying to fix it, so I'm rewriting the core systems of the campaign.
RainKnight

Post by RainKnight »

Took me long enough, but the Second Chapter, and the first one were written. There are many changes in this release, so forgive me if I don't mention all:

Rebirth in Nature - Version 0.4.8
- Released the Second Chapter

- Fixed some typos
- Fixed a bug that caused corruption of savefiles
- Changed code of CREATE_SQUAD to Lua (reduced operation time)
- Reworked the evocation system and abilities into Lua