Need Some Creative Minds

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

LordAwsomeness

Need Some Creative Minds

Post by LordAwsomeness » June 8th, 2018, 12:11 am

Greetings! I am currently working on a scenario that is a dungeon crawler (LordAwsomeness Dungeon Master) where 4 heroes are pitted up against 1 player who is the dungeon master. Currently I am making changes to the initial hero creation by adding more meaningful choices according to what options you select during the beginning of the process. However I have come to a point where I need some creative minds to help me further the character development. In this spoiler section below, you will find my future plans and if you choose to look, I would greatly appreciate some insight and new ideas.
Spoiler:
- Been playing Wesnoth since 2004 and the 1.0.x versions.
- Creator of Undead Invasion MP Scenario Pack.
- Creator of Valeria MP Adventure

Can-ned_Food

Re: Need Some Creative Minds

Post by Can-ned_Food » June 9th, 2018, 2:40 am

What is the theme of your setting? Dungeon Master?

Anyways … I seriously could produce with 7 different worlds of 6 bloodlines each — vis à vis 42 distinct bloodlines. How would you like me to filter them?

Seijo-ki

Post by Seijo-ki » June 16th, 2018, 8:26 am

Just out of my head, I have some ideas for the bloodlines (I don't give them names though):

War/Warlust - Having more attack, but a less effective defense
Blood - Having steadfast(gaining max life points after killing) and regeneration, but having less life points to begin with, less defenses against arcane and fire, and less movement points.
Guardian - Having better defenses, but less movement points and bad against piercing weaponry, as well as cold.

(keep in mind that these are only suggestions, you can use them and change them as you wish)

Zhou

Post by Zhou » June 18th, 2018, 12:37 pm

How different are these bloodlines (Pantheons?) supposed to be? Just minor bonuses/penalties to some stats (like e.g. the different civs in the Civilization games) or actual different unit that all use the same underlying mechanics (like different classes in RPGs)? You could go even crazier and have different mechanics for all of them (like a lot of RTS games e.g. Starcraft/Warcraft 3 etc. have with their races). How far do you wanna go?
slightly confused