Purger of Evil SP campaign (Wesnoth 1.12/1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tribes55

Re: Purger of Evil SP campaign (Wesnoth 1.12/1.14)

Post by tribes55 »

I've recreated the first map in a way that I believe would benefit the user experience quite a bit. I kept the plains vibe in the middle while adding aesthetics that are relatively inconsequential on intended AI behavior, with the probable noted exception of scouting for villages, which can be easily circumvented with an AI tag.

Here it is attached if you would like to take a look and possibly implement it.
I wanted to do more, but unfortunately UMC Textures is outdated in that it used a lot of 1.2 textures, and overrides 1.4 textures. Therefore I do not use the add-on, as I prefer 1.4 textures, and I cannot run any scenario which utilizes the add-on.
Attachments
01map.map
(12.09 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

So you didn't hear. Purger of Evil has been ported to 1.14, so now you should be able to use all 1.14 textures. It's on the add-on server, so you should be able to download it.
I am a ranger and my WML knives will implant themselves in your back.

Creator of the abandoned campaign Royalties Forgotten and the work in progress campaign Purger of Evil.
Maintainer of Fate of a Princess.
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

ResExsention wrote: August 8th, 2018, 5:59 pm So you didn't hear. Purger of Evil has been ported to 1.14, so now you should be able to use all 1.14 textures. It's on the add-on server, so you should be able to download it.

Purger of evil was not the problem; the UMC texture pack is. Despite being available on the 1.14 server, it retains old 1.12 textures which over-ride 1.14 textures.
ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

I really like the map you gave me, and I will be using it in the next update. How do you like my campaign so far?

Creator of the abandoned campaign Royalties Forgotten and the work in progress campaign Purger of Evil.
tribes55

Post by tribes55 »

ResExsention wrote: August 9th, 2018, 1:38 am I really like the map you gave me, and I will be using it in the next update. How do you like my campaign so far?
I like the story so far, although some of it comes off as a bit awkward and I think a few adjustments should be made.

Scenario 2: The dialogue here in some parts doesn't make much sense, such as when you recruit a longbowman. I appreciate the satire, but unless it's a reference to something I'm not familiar with, it's nonsensical.

* It looks really awkward with the two co-conspirators both running to the armory. What I think would prove more fascinating would be two of the king's guards there, and when the guy shows up, they reveal that they are co-conspirators and betray the king. This would eliminate the awkwardness of their excessive running to the location, and it would even make more sense. Right now, it's justified by saying " I think the armory was guarded!" If this is implemented, the armory would have been guarded, but the guards become treacherous.

* Players should have obvious keeps. I think this would also make the scenario look better. This would appear to be a citadel, and it would make sense.

* Some dialogue is pretty strange, awkward--- here are some changes I would suggest to be implemented:
(Note that these changes are based off of the current state of the scenario, and would need appropriate adjustment given that the scenario changes as I proposed it should. If you do indeed decide to change it, what may make it more plausible is if the treacherous guards and accompanied by loyal guards, whom they kill.)
Spoiler:
That's all I got for now. I'll send you additional recommendations I have through PM as to not spam this thread.
ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

I can see that. Changes will come out in update 0.1.4.

ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

Update 1.5 pushed. Just a series of bug and dialogue and one terrain fix.

Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Code: Select all

20180817 21:40:39 error addons-client: add-on 'Purger_of_Evil' has an icon which cannot be found: 'data/add-ons/Purger_of_Evil/images/main/icon.png'
20180817 21:40:39 error addons-client: add-on 'Purger_of_Evil_Music' has an icon which cannot be found: 'data/add-ons/Purger_of_Evil_Music/images/icon.png'
20180817 21:40:39 error gui/draw: Image: 'data/add-ons/Purger_of_Evil/images/main/icon.png' not found and won't be drawn.
20180817 21:40:39 error gui/draw: Image: 'data/add-ons/Purger_of_Evil_Music/images/icon.png' not found and won't be drawn.
I have your add-on not installed, and thus the above files do not exist on my Computer. Could you use files existing in core as icon in the add-on manager?
Try out the dark board theme.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Or use a URI.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

Update 0.1.6 pushed. Is a minor update: just swapping the custom icons for data URIs.

ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

Update 0.0.2 for the Purger of Evil Music add-on is also uploaded. Again, it's about the data URI enconding with the icons.

ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

Aaand too late I realized that I had a custom unit script unfinished which would probably cause problems. That's will be fixed in a minute for Purger of Evil update 0.1.6.5.

Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

That was quick.
Try out the dark board theme.
ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

Of course. I check the forums every day. Especially this post, for any feedback that anyone has given me. :D

ResExsention

Post by ResExsention »

There currently is a quite critical bug relating to the custom unit Elvish Overlord. Reverting, as per update 0.1.6.8, to the latest stable version in the next hour if the bug is not fixed before then.