Anthalia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: Anthalia

Post by ForestDragon »

some misc ideas/feedback:
-maybe add [label]s to the world map for each of the visited locations?
-it would be nice if killing the mudcrawler boss (as well as other bosses) gave some kind of reward, like a preset item.
-I think bosses should have LotI abilities, instead of relying on cheap stat boosts.
-bugreport: the epilogue uses "Fighter", which is an invalid unit type
Spoiler:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

ForestDragon wrote: March 16th, 2018, 12:07 pm -bugreport: the epilogue uses "Fighter", which is an invalid unit type
Wow!! Did you finish it? I have resigned to slow grinding for a month. :lol:
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

sreesreearul wrote: March 16th, 2018, 2:43 pm Wow!! Did you finish it? I have resigned to slow grinding for a month. :lol:
Nah, just skipped to the epilogue it via debug :|
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

ForestDragon wrote: March 16th, 2018, 3:44 pm Nah, just skipped to the epilogue it via debug :|
:lol: I may end up doing the same. But for the time being has decided to give it some more time.
treesandlobsters

Post by treesandlobsters »

bugreport(?):
Spoiler:
been fun so far, though, thanks for making it.
treesandlobsters

treesandlobsters wrote: March 18th, 2018, 2:13 pm bugreport(?):
Spoiler:
been fun so far, though, thanks for making it.
Same problem with
Spoiler:
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

Sorry for the slow response this time around, started playing a new game and forgot about this one for a couple days. Thank you all for the bug reports and FD for the contribution. I'm uploading a fairly bugfix now for:
Spoiler:
Things I didn't change:
-The bosses have a guaranteed drop which, while random, is much better than the 1% everything else has. They also usually trigger something else to happen somewhere else.
-Labels on the world map after you find the level the first time is a great idea, I added it to my list of things to learn how to do.
-Giving the opportunity to pick gender/name for the main character is also a good idea. I'm currently coding this for my next project so it may get transferred over to here eventually.

Something of note: This is my first time writing something like this and I learned a lot from all the millions of mistakes that I made while writing it, and I continue to learn a lot from testing it and hearing feedback from others. There a number of design decisions I ended up with not being happy about and there are a few things that did turn out better than I expected. This was whole project was a sort of experiment on scenario writing and a big learning experience. There is still a lot that I do not know how to do and any MAJOR changes probably won't happen in this campaign as I'm throwing all my large scale work into my next one. Please keep letting me know about bugs here and giving feedback/suggestions about what you like/dislike so that I can fix minor problems and keep in mind preferences for the future. (Hopefully I don't get burnt out on this as I am still having a lot of fun learning all this coding and making content)
treesandlobsters

I tested
Spoiler:

Also, in regards to the
Spoiler:
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

yet another update to fix the dwarf problem, should work as intended now, though I have not tested it.

@treesandlobsters: thanks for the update! one of those scenarios is too hard for my current team. :)

necromancer:
Spoiler:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Rodil wrote: March 18th, 2018, 6:51 pm There is still a lot that I do not know how to do and any MAJOR changes probably won't happen in this campaign as I'm throwing all my large scale work into my next one.
Waiting. :)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Rodil wrote: March 18th, 2018, 6:51 pm -Labels on the world map after you find the level the first time is a great idea, I added it to my list of things to learn how to do.
they can be done with a sequence of "[if]/[then]"s with variables that is set to yes at the start of each scenario. the label itself can be put with something like this: {SET_LABEL (insert x coordinate here) (insert y coordinate here) "Insert location name here"}
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

The sprites for the goblin god were in the wrong folder.

They are supposed to be in units/goblins not in units.

Did you ever consider to replace the world map with a cartographic map? Would be awesome!

The named units could have a death event. Like say something in case of mistake. I guess most people are not ready to lose them and counting them every turn is tedious. (They produce far to many zombies.)

The desert skull scenario needs simple AI. The computer takes to long and runs hot. I did not get the skeleton archer when I went to the right location? Did I miss-read the code?

The wardrums ability is not working. What comes with "global events" seems to be dysfunct. Might be an LotI issue. The team colored boots and gauntlets are not colored. Again might be a LotI issue.

I got the latest versions for yours an LotI a few days ago from 1.12 server.
The picture of the goblin spider rider is missing. Again a LotI issue.
TheSchnozz

Post by TheSchnozz »

I saw that this thread is a year old, but I'm hoping someone can help me with a couple bugs I encountered in this campaign. They both relate to the undead recruits that are unlocked once you slay the Arch Necromancer. When I try to get the ghoul in the Swamp scenario, I get an error message instead with this string:

Code: Select all

<Lua error> game_error: unknown type: ghoul
                   stack traceback:
                          [ C ]: in function 'cmd'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function 'handle event commands'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:335: in function 'if while handler'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:341: in function 'cmd'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function 'handle event commands'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:335: in function 'if while handler'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:341: in function 'cmd'
                          /usr/share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:320: in function <usr//share/games/wesnoth/1.12//data/lua/wml-tags.lua:284>
I only know the barest amount about coding, so I really have no idea what's going wrong with this scenario. I have been looking up the .cfg files to find the various secrets in the game, so that's how I even knew where to look for the ghoul in the first place. Similarly, I tried to solve the next bug by checking the .cfg file for the scenario.
The next problem is that I cannot fully explore the Hidden Cave scenario (titled densepalm.cfg) or obtain the Dark Adept from it (two related, but different problems). Even when looking in the game files, I cannot find a pressure plate system that allows me to open up enough of the caves to actually find the room containing the Dark Adept "pressure plate" activation tile. In other words, the cave seems to not have a way to fully unlock it, and I am saying that after looking in the game files, not just because I cannot find the right place by wandering around in the cave with my characters. I eventually used the Debug system to spawn in Revenants to explore the dungeon for me, but when I had one of them move onto the activation tile for the Dark Adept, nothing happened at all. I checked that I had killed the Arch Necromancer before I triggered the pad, and still nothing happened. (On a related note, the skeletons actually did NOT trigger to be recruited until I had revisited the jungle where I can killed the Arch Necromancer and the game had checked/refreshed that I had actually killed him. I tried to recruit Vaddyn once before going back to the jungle, and it failed then until I went back.) I checked the .cfg file, and it says nothing about Helen herself having to move to that spot (as the glyphs do), so I'm not sure what happened here. Could someone please help me?
Last edited by Pentarctagon on July 20th, 2019, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [code]
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Search the scenario.cfg for ghoul, and replace it with Ghoul
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

Hey, I'm still active and have an updated version of the campaign for 1.14 with a bunch of bug fixes as well. This time I actually beat the campaign and got most of the units. I just uploaded it, most of the bug fixes should be backwards compatible to 1.12 if you just cut and paste the scenario files that are buggy. Let me know if anything is still not working.