Anthalia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sreesreearul

Re: Anthalia

Post by sreesreearul »

Rodil wrote: March 10th, 2018, 9:02 am @sreesreearul: The reason I kept the movement as is is because the time of day continues from world map to scenario maps and I liked the continue movement that all the other move systems seem to lose when going to unlimited movement. I think just hitting control space after clicking a far away location is easier than having to continuously click where you want to go... Would be willing to change it if it keeps my time keeping and enough people want it.
I figured that out now. The continuous day cycle make sense since this is an 'exploration'.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

slightly tweaked the campaign icon by adding a footpad to the sand (hope you find it useful):

Code: Select all

icon=terrain/sand/beach.png~BLIT(units/human-outlaws/footpad.png) # image in the campaign list
EDIT: btw, the LotI abilities don't seem to work in the campaign. maybe you didn't link to them from _main.cfg?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

Awesome! Thank you, I'm awful at visuals! It will be in the next version.

Edit: will start looking for places I missed capitalization, works for me so must be a similar problem as before.

Edit2: not finding anything, which abilities aren't working for you? And is it happening in all scenarios?
Last edited by Rodil on March 10th, 2018, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Rodil wrote: March 10th, 2018, 9:47 am Edit2: not finding anything, which abilities aren't working for you?
absorbtion 1 from the "Odin's Spear" item.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

hmm, I just tested it here and it worked, took 2 hits from a zombie for 6 a piece but only down 10 hp... That one doesn't display anything, but it does work for me...
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Rodil wrote: March 10th, 2018, 10:09 am hmm, I just tested it here and it worked, took 2 hits from a zombie for 6 a piece but only down 10 hp... That one doesn't display anything, but it does work for me...
Checked again, it does work, just doesn't show a floating text.
EDIT: btw, I decided to make a few visual tweaks to the landing pad scenario. I'll send them to you a bit later. (It's a habit of mine to contribute minor things to addons I like)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

added background music to the first scenario and added a white flash at the start to indicate the whole teleportation thing (hope you find it useful):
landingpad.cfg
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

Oh yeah, I play Wesnoth muted so I completely forgot about sound... Thank you again for the contribution I'm always happy to get some help.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Rodil wrote: March 10th, 2018, 10:30 am Oh yeah, I play Wesnoth muted so I completely forgot about sound... Thank you again for the contribution I'm always happy to get some help.
Glad to help! btw, made the windmill map have wooden floor instead of grass inside (btw, it would be nice if you put more preset items on maps, maybe even add scenarios revolving around the concept of having to fight through the guards to get a powerful item or companion):
windmill.map
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

btw, now that I think about it, maybe add a few easy maps around the landing pad? Most of the current scenarios seem way too un-approachable in the early-game (hordes of lvl1-3 units against one or two lvl0/lvl1 units). Also, I'd recommend scattering crafting materials on maps (so it's actually possible for players to slowly obtain items, which are pretty mandatory against crowds of lvl3 units...)
Rodil

Post by Rodil »

The windmill needed to have flower floor on the inside too to fit the theme of the event in the scenario.

if you want an early game level where you fight through things for items:
Spoiler:
Anyways, thanks again for the help, bed time so no more quick responses tonight.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Rodil wrote: March 10th, 2018, 10:47 am if you want an early game level where you fight through things for items:
Spoiler:
ok, sure, though it would be pretty nice to need a bit less grinding in the early game... (the general idea of RPG campaign is that the player unit is usually stronger than weak individual enemies, but has to fight against strength in numbers, here in the early game, though, the player is outnumbered AND outclassed in many maps)
Rodil wrote: March 10th, 2018, 10:47 am Anyways, thanks again for the help, bed time so no more quick responses tonight.
ok.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

btw, another idea: since the "Odin's Spear" item no longer works when the Helen advances, maybe give the player an item upon level-up on easy difficulty according to the selected advancement (can be done via a "post advance" event)
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

btw, another idea: since the "Odin's Spear" item no longer works when the Helen advances, maybe give the player a weapon upon level-up on easy difficulty according to the selected advancement (can be done via a "post advance" event). Also, since enemies do occasionally drop gold, maybe add a shop scenario somewhere? (there are merchants in LotI after all)
EDIT: oh, and it would be nice if you removed "unremable=yes" from Helen, and gave the players an option at the start to select between a male/female protagonist (same type)
EDIT2: also, trying to level up/keep alive Franklin is very annoying/difficult. maybe make companions respawn after death? (get stored in the last breath event, and unstored when entering a new scenario, with exp intact)
EDIT3: btw, I no longer think more easy stages are necessary
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

On yetihome now. It is very tedious I must say. I am finding it extremely difficult to judge straight lines on the hexagonal tiling, so have to resort to bit of trial and error to solve the puzzle. Since I have two flying units (Gregory has become a messenger and Xeayaa is a sylph) the problem of moving on snow is partially solved. But continuous respawning of Yetis and ice monsters is simply cruel, thankfully their number doesn't cross 14 at a given time (I am on medium difficulty). This re-spawning is making the scenario a pain :augh: . The puzzle in itself is not easy, so may be you can stop re-spawning of units. You know, the number of Yetis is in a given area is finite and they cannot materialise from thin air. :P
Spoiler: