Story of the Wose for Wesnoth 1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Story of the Wose for Wesnoth 1.12/1.14

Post by Konrad2 »

It didn't say anything about not killing them either. >.< So it just happened in the process of exploring...
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Maybe I should put a warning if the player attacks Lenvan/his units so they are not tempted to kill him. The "You dare attack me!" is probably not enough.
James_The_Invisible

New version of Story of the Wose is out (for both Wesnoth 1.12 and 1.14). Changelog for the version follows:
Fixed changed (at turn 8 ) map for Catacomb
Added Turns run out as defeat condition in most scenarios
Added decription to Ruby of Fire object in Arena, added icon to attack, improved animation.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Thank you for your ports and the effort you put into maintaining it.
James_The_Invisible

I started working on a new version. Among other changes, it will feature updated graphics for Wose Shaman and killing all enemy leaders in The Trees Move will result in immediate victory. There are still a few I would like to do (or at least try) so I do not know when it is going to come out.
Konrad2 wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:23 pm Thank you for your ports and the effort you put into maintaining it.
Thank you for your support and reports :) .
James_The_Invisible

New version is out. Before I list the changes, I would like to say that unless a serious issue is discovered this is the last version for Wesnoth 1.12.

Now for changes, one of the most important changes is that Wose Shaman finally uses new graphics. Other important improvement is that the campaign can be chronologically sorted on Wesnoth 1.14. Also Ruby of Fire in Arena adds 14-4 attack (just like in The Rise of Wesnoth). Its object now has a name.
I also tweaked objectives of some scenarios. Killing Lich-Lord Lenvan is now mentioned as alternative (but not recommended) objectives. Killing all enemy leaders in Move now also results in immediate victory.
I have also rewritten code for recalling units so there should no longer appear any errors at start of scenarios 4, 5 and Epilog.

Future version(s) will probably not contain any big changes but rather improvements to dialogues (there are not many dialogues in this campaign and those present are not so good). I will of course try to address reported issues.
James_The_Invisible

Re: Story of the Wose for Wesnoth 1.16

This campaign is finally available for Wesnoth 1.16. There are not many big changes, it is mostly small improvements.
Firstly, the campaign has got Czech translation by Septim. There are some changes in the campaign menu: the campaign's description now contains campaign difficulty, scenario count and add-on's version; the campaign has a background and difficulty levels have names. Portraits for Elilmaldur-Rithrandal and narrator were updated. But there is breaking change: as the core game now has Wose Shaman, I had to change id of the custom unit type for it.
That is all. Enjoy this campaign on Wesnoth 1.16.
James_The_Invisible

Re: Story of the Wose for Wesnoth 1.18

This campaign is now available for Wesnoth 1.18. There are not really any significant changes, just necessary updates for the new version of Wesnoth and removal of no longer necessary code.