Daughter of Telvar (Looking for map maker)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scrubaverse

Daughter of Telvar (Looking for map maker)

Post by Scrubaverse »

The Daughter of Telvar
Player Faction-Kingdom of Wesnoth, mercenaries of various races
Protagonist-Elissa Telvar, youngest child of Baron Israd Telvar and Baroness Breda. Elissa wishes to be the first female Telvar to become a Dragon Slayer, something Israd fully supports, if only because his son is...less than enthused with his responsibilities. Royal Guard with sword and bow.
Secondary Characters-Raleigh, Steward of House Telvar and Pseudo-Grandfather to Elissa. Has lived through many generations of Telvars and used to hunt Dragons with them till age began to catch up. Master at Arms.
Bestar, Sergeant in the Wesnoth army and press ganged mercenary. Bestar is a born leader of men and very capable in both strategy, tactics and swordsmanship. Starts as a Sergeant that slowly rises to Grand Marshal.
Enemy Faction-Troxian Barbarians/Orcs.

So, this is the campaign me and Gnat hope to make and we need someone who can make maps. Since I am dreadful when it comes to anything techy, being more of a writer. Anyone interested?
Vulpine

Re: Daughter of Telvar (Looking for map maker)

Post by Vulpine »

Vulpine wrote:If nobody else volunteers, I'll give a few maps my best shot. But be warned: I suck at map balancing. I'll need good descriptions of how you want the scenario to play out etc. Good luck with the campaign! I'd love to play it ^_^
Out of curiosity, when do you want the maps made? Because I'm going to be occupied with RL commitments for a few months or so (though I probably have a week before that comes up). So that could be a problem.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you for volunteering, when you have time again it would be great if you would help! :D
Vulpine

Post by Vulpine »

Sure thing! PM me details whenever you're ready and I'll do my best when I can. But keep an eye out for anybody else willing; I had only planned on doing a few, as I quickly get bored with projects. I will however try to do as many as necessary.
One foot in my mouth, and one in the grave; that's the way I like it, and that's the way it'll stay.
[shameless_advertising]
Also the author of Elvish Incursion, a short little prologue.
[/shameless_advertising]
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Great! Scrubaverse wrote a list of ideas for the first 6 or so scenarios i will PM you the info! :D
The_Gnat

Re: Daughter of Telvar (now inactive)

Post by The_Gnat »

Unfortunately, as could be guessed by the lack of action on this thread, the Daughter of Telvar has currently become inactive due to lack of contributors. Scrubaverse does not have enough time right now to spend on building a campaign so this will be postponed until someone else is interested in helping with it. Ideally we need 9 more maps created and a person who would be interested in writing story text and a person to help write dialogue.

If anyone is interested please post a reply and i can give you more details about the storys plot and scenarios. I would like to be able to continue working on this but realistically i think that it probably wont happen for at least some time. :?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Uhm, hi, The_Gnat, I don't know anything about programming but I might dare to take on the mapmaking task and/or writing some dialogue.

(EDIT) And moral support, of course. Modding alone is horrible.

Assuming you're still interested, that is.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi Sadaharu, i really appreciate your offer but unfortunately i have given up this project :whistle: do to other commitments and lack of time. But perhaps at some point i will come back to it.