Heroes

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ForestDragon

Re: Heroes

Post by ForestDragon »

Kwandulin wrote: March 9th, 2018, 8:55 am Yes, I need Heroes_Test.cfg for testing purposes and the Dalefjord mp scenario was too much to playtest, also it got zero resonance
ok.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: The Iron Bulwark

Post by Konrad2 »

Is Domdom supposed to be pretty much unkillable? (100% defense)
And when you speak to Aiglandin and you want the Yeti...you don't get the Yeti. :(

EDIT:
The wave in turn 28 doesn't work. (Probably a typo?)
noWave.png
EDIT 2:
Picking up an item removes only the icon. You can pick up any item more than once.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Thanks for the notes. The updated version is online
  • Domdom is no longer invulnerable
  • Aiglandin now properly hands over the Yeti
  • fixed Items being able to get picked up several times
  • fixed wave 28 not working
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

So is there something ready to play in 1.12?
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

No, I am only developing for 1.13.x/1.14.x
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Hey, I have been playing the Iron Bulwark scenario and it's a lot of fun - love the hero upgrades! 8)

Minor bug report - those wind runes which restore your movement also cure you of statuses like poison and slow. (The bloodfrenzy ability seems to cure status as well.)

I got the "Side by side" upgrade for Skjol which says he can teleport to nearby units, but it didn't seem to do anything (or do I have to do something in particular?)

I also wasn't sure which units counted as Heroes (the ones which you had to keep alive) - is it just your units with the gold crowns or does it include units with a silver crown like Domdom the berserker, or the allied dwarves with the silver crowns?
And the elf leader (Ailiandil) seems to be a hero but doesn't have any crown.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Thanks! And fixed!

v.1.1.5
  • fixed Skjol's Side by Side ability not working
  • In the Iron Bulwark, wind runes no longer cure poison and slow
  • In the Iron Bulwark, Ailiandil is now marked with a golden crown
  • In the Iron Bulwark, the objectives now say that no unit with a golden crown may die
The new version is up
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Succeeded!
I had Uthain walk over to talk to Glondolin, without any useful result ... but he could not participate for half of the battle due to his slowness.

When Onarr leveled up on the enemy's turn and got wolves, one of them were spawned between the enemies, and another one on a cave wall (with 0% defense). Both were killed before it was my turn again :-(
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I just played through Hereoes: The Iron Bulwark, and I really enjoyed it.

The fighting is intense for the whole forty turns, and there were a few points when I felt like all was lost, only to turn it around and make a comeback. In particular, I was forced to fall back to a second defensive line around turn 30, as the trolls coming through the caves threaten to overwhelm my flanks.

The variety of items and interactions on the map really adds to the fun, however I felt like sometimes they were too far from the front, making it hard to bring them into play effectively. Of course, this is probably because almost all of my units are slow Dwarves.

The units available are great. The Tyrserker in particular is great fun to use, and with the 'Drains' ability from one of his AMLAs, he's basically a one-man-army. The Steadfast guy's AMLA to summon Forefathers is fun - but perhaps the Forefathers should be Undead? And finally, unleashing the Yeti was both funny and awesome. I can't really comment on the Berserker, however, because he god awful luck and died in his second fight.

There was one minor glitch, where upon the Elf Hero taking her Pact AMLA, the Steadfast guy spoke the dialogue that should have been hers.

One thing I didn't like was the change of objective at the end, to kill all of the enemy units - I felt this was a bit of a nasty surprise, considering at that time there were 72 enemy units alive. Letting the player know about this in advance may help, as in my case I'd stopped trying to kill enemy units and was just focusing on holding a line.

Oh, and having Uthain walk all the way over to Glondolin, only for his dialogue to be "Hi guise!" was kind of frustrating, considering it took about thirteen turns in total to get him there and back.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

i just tried this scenario (Hereoes: The Iron Bulwark) but it doesn't work, the game gets stuck while trying to load the scenario (during the loadings screen).
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Indeed, the scenario gets stuck while loading. But an error message does not appear either :hmm: What could be the cause?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

It could be a bug in the wesnoth engine, do you know whether that code worked in a previous version of wesnoth ( or did you made changes without testing), and if yes do you know what was the last wesnoth version where it worked?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Kwandulin wrote: April 27th, 2018, 6:07 am Indeed, the scenario gets stuck while loading. But an error message does not appear either :hmm: What could be the cause?
An error message does not appear on the screen, or are the logs empty as well?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Neither an error message nor relevant log entries appear

Edit: Found the bug through nested code intervall(?). Seems like there was some trouble with [object] outside of [modify_unit]. Can't remember changing that, but whatever. It is working now. Have fun!
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey man,
I'm trying heroes -the Iron Bullwark right now for the first time on 1.14.

Right at the start I get a "[animate_unit] missing flag" error. That should be somewhere in the starting dialogue.

I went south with a dwarvish guardist to get the flaming sword but I did not get any fire type attack. I only received the overlay.

I was also promte to move Uthain next to some unit called domdom, but that unit never appeared. I only knew where to go because of the exclamation mark. Of course I didn't get any bonus unit :(

in turn 12 when I get called to talk to Aiglandin he is not there. Only the mark as it was with domdom.

Will continue another day!
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl