Hunter 0.2.7 not work in version 1.12.6

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dmytro

Hunter 0.2.7 not work in version 1.12.6

Post by dmytro »

Hello. This campaign is not work on my computer. Version of game - 1.12.6. OS - AltLinux p8. Language - Russian. I tried to run this campaign with English and Ukrainian local, but it is not started to. When i tried to start is I have message:
The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
/home/dmytro/.local/share/wesnoth/1.12/data/add-ons/Hunter/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/Hunter/utils' is missing
at ~add-ons/Hunter/_main.cfg:77
And on the next screen I see:
Error
Unknown scenario: 'scenario1'
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Hunter 0.2.7 not work in version 1.12.6

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

The campaign doesn't start because important files are missing. Namely, everything inside Hunter/utils directory. If you are new to WML: these are the files that usually contain traits, abilities, and many important utilities for the campaign.

If you are are writing this campaign, then you have to write util files, or just delete this code from your main.cfg:

Code: Select all

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_HUNTERS
[binary_path]
    path=data/add-ons/Hunters
[/binary_path]

---> delete this line: {~add-ons/Hunters/utils}
#endif

If the campaign was downloaded from the add-ons server, then you should contact its maintainer to get him/her to fix this error.

If the campaign comes from a forum or old version, or abandoned servers - then there's nothing much you can do :( You'd need to scope through all of the campaign's files to list what kind of macros are missing, and you would have to redefine them manually. Even then, the campaign will not work as originally intended to. There may be methods to do this, but I can't help you here, in my opinion it's hopeless.

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
sergey

Re: Hunter 0.2.7 not work in version 1.12.6

Post by sergey »

Here is a corresponding feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=41155
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.