balancing levels

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KK_r

balancing levels

Post by KK_r »

Thought there was a thread about this but I didn't find it, I tested 0.6.1 today and was very pleased with most changes but the campaign might be a little to easy, the enemy on isle of Aundin could almost not recruit anything so I just went in and crushed him. I had 4 level 2 units, one almost level 2 and Konrad at soon level 3 when I finished and loads of gold because I didn't have to recruit. I didn't loose any unit at all. This was a good level before in 0.5.1.
Bay of pearls was basicly the same but when I reached muffs peninsula I found that the AI almost only recruited zombies. With skeletons it was at least a little challenge but now I could walk through the zombies and kill mr Muff (actually I waited until the last turn to get a little exp).

I was playing on easy but I think this might be to easy. Will continue with the rest of the campaign another day. I think the new weak Konrad is great but he's to easy to level up.
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: balancing levels

Post by Dave »

KK_r wrote: I was playing on easy but I think this might be to easy. Will continue with the rest of the campaign another day. I think the new weak Konrad is great but he's to easy to level up.
I suggest players don't play on easy level.

EDIT: I have committed a change to CVS which makes 'Hero' the default difficulty level selected.

David
Last edited by Dave on December 19th, 2003, 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KK_r

Post by KK_r »

What is the meaning of having an easy level then?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

KK_r wrote:
What is the meaning of having an easy level then?
It is for players who don't follow my suggestions, and feel the game is too hard on normal.

EDIT: I think the game is best experienced on 'Normal' difficulty level. If you are very new to strategy games, or don't have much experience with them, then perhaps try easy level, but otherwise I suggest trying 'normal'.

However if someone would like to take charge of balancing the difficulty on 'easy', this would be great.

David