Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IIIO_METAL

Re: Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Thank you, elfoux.

It was caused by incorrect setting of the variable that controls the event. I have uploaded a new version with modifications.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
elfoux

Post by elfoux »

problem not solved.
Or do I need to restart the campaign?
I tried starting 2 scenario before and it didn't work.
Also I don't know if it's normal but the book "recorder" appeared 2 turn after ironeater without saying anything
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

You need to start from the beginning of the scenario in order for the changes to take effect. Please select "MoWi-Little_fellow.gz". In the modified scenario, the bug in which "recorder" appears also has been solved.
elfoux

Post by elfoux »

Tried to do it and it still doesn't work ^^
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

There is a problem if you are playing in the direction of Wesnoth 1.13. I was not able to upload the latest version because my passphrase was rejected by an add-on server.

Please try the following method.

Defeat IronEater after rescuing Vonbir and Saunders.
If it still does not work, there is another problem that I have not noticed.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

When that happens, you can always upload addon with slightly different folder name. ;)
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

That's a bad solution because save data can not be used. It takes time, but I will ask the administrator to reset the passphrase.

Attach correction data for Wesnoth 1.13.

Replace "13_Little_fellow.cfg" with the file with the same name in "add - ons / Mountain_Witch / scenarios /" and replace "13_utils.cfg" with the file with the same name in "add - ons / Mountain_Witch / macros /".
13_Little_fellow.cfg
Correction data 1
(19.19 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
13_utils.cfg
Correction data 2
(7.82 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

While going through Mountain Witch campaign, I have encountered this issues. They are related to version from addon server, so I do not know if any of them are fixed already.
* In scenario 2 it's a bit unclear where to find recipe notebook since it's written in small font in notes. It would be better to duplicate its location also in dialogue.
* Candle flame attack icon is missing in lvl3 lamp.
* In dialog the witch says that she was running from trolls, but in previous scenario I have killed all the trolls before going to next scenario. I thought that the road on top of them map is the right path, and only after it was all clear, found out that actually path to next scenario was in cave itself.
* Scenario in cursed ruins is annoying because ally dwarf heroes keep killing themselves against vermins instead of healing in village and in general because ally steal all the kills.
* Echigo ellipse is erroneous (missing image) in scenario with caravans
* Stuff found in ruins doesn't seem to do anything, such as amulet, hammer, bow...
* If you lose a light spirit in Yomogi Forest you get defeat message. Shouldn't death of elven girl be only defeat condition?
* Something weird is going on with money. You do not have any ways to earn additional money except two scenarios where you get 120 and then 400 gold. And even if you spend all of them you get 100 gold in every next scenario.
* In elven treasure cave scenario shroud should be cleared at the start, or your units simply move and disappear in it until they are revealed after dialogs.
* Arcane potion worsens arcane resistance by 5% instead of improving it
* Kick attack of the dancer is in Japanese.
elfoux

Post by elfoux »

I'm playing on 1.12.6
The update didn't change anything but saving the prisoner before killing ironeater solved the problem and i can easily end the scenario
Thanks for the help
and to answer the comment above, the artefact found in the ruins are to be used by spirit.
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

It seems that spirits above lvl0 are not able to possess artifacts and by the time of this scenario all my spirits were either high level ones or already had an artifact with them. It seems that hammer one is most useless one though. It can't advance to lvl3 and has very few hitpoints, so it's just waste.

Also what is the point of mirror spirit if it does same type of damage (arcane) as unassigned spirit and advances to same max level?
elfoux

Post by elfoux »

don't remember wich one it is but i can say for sure that the changed spirit have amla
Wayirr

Post by Wayirr »

It seems that that Mountain Witch was affected by addon server problem.

That means that addon could have been corrupted while uploading. Could you please reupload it (for both 1.12 and 1.13), if you get problem with passphrase fixed or if not, perhaps upload complete copy of addon?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Wayirr wrote:It seems that that Mountain Witch was affected by addon server problem. Perhaps it was the reason for server not accepting your passphrase?
I really doubt it since the (hashed version of the) passphrase is stored in the server config, which survived the whole ordeal intact along with everything else other than the add-on archives for the campaigns I listed.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

elfoux, I was glad that you seemed to have advanced. I will investigate this part of the scenario a bit and fix it if I find a problem.

Wayirr, Thank you for reporting a lot of problems.
Some problems can be corrected immediately, but there are some that require detailed verification.
Anyway, I started correcting work.

Mountain_Witch and add_creature_pack in the list are addons I created.
And these two could not be uploaded. I tried uploading it again before I noticed the article written by shadowm, but it seems I did extra things.

shadowm, have you solved the add-on server problem already? Is it better not to upload until I see the resolved announcement?
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

IIIO_METAL wrote:shadowm, have you solved the add-on server problem already? Is it better not to upload until I see the resolved announcement?
I posted the announcement yesterday. I included a link to the fix but I forgot to explicitly mention it is fixed now.

If you need a new passphrase just PM me.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.