Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

IIIO_METAL

Re: Witch Campaign: Mountain Witch

Post by IIIO_METAL » January 11th, 2018, 11:05 am

Mountain Witch 1.1.13

Updated for Wesnoth 1.12.6.
This version has been revised by tamanegi for the menu item text and the text of the scenario up to "In The Ruins" (about 36% of the total).
This change has replaced the early story with a more understandable sentence.
If you find anything to say or mistake about the changed text, please write it here.
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"

ForestDragon
Forum Regular

Post by ForestDragon » January 11th, 2018, 11:29 am

great to see the new dialog improvements! anyway, some dialog improvements/ideas:

"Witch Mountain. This mountain is called so, though its true name is Fallingstar Mountain. Why? It is simply because a witch is really living in that mountain. Villagers around the mountain provide any daily needs including food to the witch.,, not for fears, but for cooperation. When villagers have problems which they cannot deal with, the villagers ask the witch to solve the problems in return."
> " 'Witch Mountain'. That's the way this mountain is called, although it's actual name is Fallingstar Mountain. 'Why?', one might ask. It is simply because a witch really is living in that mountain. Villagers around the mountain provide any daily needs for the witch, including food. Not out of fear, mind you, but for cooperation. When villagers have problems which they cannot deal with by themselves, they ask the witch's assistance."

"Hana! What is this huge luggage? You cannot make a journey with such a huge luggage. Let me see your bag." > "Hana! What is this huge luggage? How are you planning to carry so much weight? Let me see your bag."

"Most of the things are not necessary for a journey, and many necessary things are missing! Why you have so many clothes?! Did you gather all the clothes in the closet?" > Most of the things you packed aren't even necessary for a journey, and many necessary things are missing! Why did you take so many clothes?! At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if you tried bringing the closet itself too..."

"Luggage for ordinary people is even more lighter because your one contains some magical tools. Anyway, let me see your recipe note. I will write a new recipe for a magical medicine. This medicine will slightly increase your physical strength. It would be better to make and stock them if you have ingredients." > "Luggage for ordinary people is even lighter, because yours contains magical tools. Anyway, let me see your recipe note. I will write a new recipe for a magical medicine. This medicine will slightly increase your physical strength. It would be better to make and stock them if you have ingredients."

grammar correction: Hana should only refer to Lucy as "ma'am" when directly talking to her, so lines like "Ma'am warned me (...)" should be replaced with "Lucy warned me (...)"

misc ideas:
-idea: maybe replace the current "You must not draw four magic circles!" narrator message with Hana directly saying something like "No, no, no, Lucy specifically warned me not to do that. I wouldn't want to cause a catastrophe."
-idea: It would probably be a good idea to add {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR} to Mountain Peasant/Mountain Ranger for the 1.12 version
-idea: it would be nice if Lucy (in the departure scenario) mentioned that small wisps can merge with objects when entering villages in the hints menu (right now her hints about spirits don't mention anything about that)
-idea: I think it would nice if the turn limit was removed in the mountain village scenario (it's pretty much a shopping scenario, and there is no income, so I think it's unnecessary)
-It's rather annoying that Hana is missing sounds for the melee/ranged animations. It would be nice if you added "{SOUND:HIT_AND_MISS magic-missile-[1~3].ogg magic-missile-[1~3]-miss.ogg -100} to her ranged attack, and "{SOUND:HIT_AND_MISS staff.wav {SOUND_LIST:MISS} -100}" to her staff animation
-proposed stat (attack damage, new attacks, etc.) change ideas for artifact spirits/cats:
put in a spoiler to save space:
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Creator of Tale of Alan (abandoned) and The Golden Age (1.12/1.13, temporarily abandoned again),XP Bank (1.12/1.13),Alliances Mod(1.12),my franken-art
"Real life is like a hyper-realistic VR game, but with permadeath and boring gameplay"

IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL » January 12th, 2018, 7:23 am

Thank you for suggestion.

I will put your proposal in the work list immediately.
However, these changes will be reflected later. If the changed English text exceeds 70%, the next update will be scheduled.
As this campaign has a very long sentence, it probably will take several months.

ForestDragon
Forum Regular

Post by ForestDragon » January 12th, 2018, 7:32 am

IIIO_METAL wrote:Thank you for suggestion.

I will put your proposal in the work list immediately.
However, these changes will be reflected later. If the changed English text exceeds 70%, the next update will be scheduled.
As this campaign has a very long sentence, it probably will take several months.
sure, I can wait. by the way, more ideas:
-weaken knife's melee damage to 5-3
-change battle hammer's damage from 10-2 backstab, to 11-2 breaker, maybe with the pain force ability (14-2 if without it)
-new unit idea: poisoned dagger. basically is an alternative lvl2 for knife, has a 7-3 backstab/poison melee
-improved artifact spirit description:
"(...) Such a tool is night after night walking around, that the mischief." > "(...) Such a tool floats around at night, up to mischief."
-increase lamp's fire resistance to 30%, brazier's fire resistance to 40%, and chandelier's fire resistance to 50%
-reduce vase/pot/ancient vase impact resistances to -10%, but increase fire/cold resistances to 10% (20% for ancient vase)
-considering that the artifact spirits can fly, it would be reasonable to give them 50% defense on all terrain, instead of having the defense vary between types of terrain
-proposed new resistances for the knife line:
knife: 20% blade, 30% pierce, 10% impact, -10% fire/cold
sword: 20% blade, 30% pierce, 10% impact, -10% fire/cold
fire sword: 20% blade, 30% pierce, 10% impact, 30% fire, -10% cold
ice sword: 20% blade, 30% pierce, 10% impact, -10% fire, 30% cold
-proposed new resistances for the bow line:
bow: -10% blade, 30% pierce, 10% impact, -20% fire
longbow: -10% blade, 30% pierce, 10% impact, -20% fire
magic breaker: -10% blade, 30% pierce, 10% impact, 10% fire, 10% cold
-proposed new resistances for the necklace line: 20% blade, 40% pierce, 20% impact, 20% arcane, 10% fire/cold
-weaken lvl2 necklace's ranged to 9-3, and lvl3's ranged to 13-3

in case you're wondering, individual units types can indeed have [resistance]/[defense] tags independent from those of their movetypes. btw, if you want to put, say, -10% resistance, you need to put it as 110, and 10% as 90
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Creator of Tale of Alan (abandoned) and The Golden Age (1.12/1.13, temporarily abandoned again),XP Bank (1.12/1.13),Alliances Mod(1.12),my franken-art
"Real life is like a hyper-realistic VR game, but with permadeath and boring gameplay"

IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL » March 17th, 2018, 4:22 am

I released the latest version of Mountain Witch, 1.1.14, to the add - on server for wesnoth 1.13.
For wesnoth 1.12, the connection with the server was disconnected during uploading, so it has not been released yet.

In this version upgrade all of the English text has been replaced by what was supervised by tamanegi.
The incomplete English text I wrote was expelled and it became a more readable sentence.
Also, the unit changes proposed by Forest Dragon are reflected.

Please let me know if you find any problems with anything. I appreciate it.

shadowm
Site Administrator

Post by shadowm » March 17th, 2018, 4:55 am

Could you try reuploading the 1.12 version? Otherwise the copy on the server is still the old version because of that error.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Elsewhere: shadowmBlogFollow me on Twitter

IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL » March 17th, 2018, 6:53 am

Thanks for shadowm, server maintenance.

I was able to update the new version of Mountain Witch successfully.