The Ravagers - SP campaign now for 1.14 - [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

lucid1

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign now for 1.14 - [Feedback and development]

Post by lucid1 » May 19th, 2019, 6:13 am

Hello,

Firstly, thank you WhiteWolf for an awesome campaign!

I had a question about #16 - The Wail. It seems that, as Narduum, I can still recruit and recall from Dayton's list (including human soldiers).

Is that how it's supposed to work? It feels a bit odd to me, because this is supposed to be a flashback from the point of view of a different character...

WhiteWolf
Forum Regular

Post by WhiteWolf » May 19th, 2019, 9:49 am

Hello and welcome to the forums :)
lucid1 wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 6:13 am
I had a question about #16 - The Wail. It seems that, as Narduum, I can still recruit and recall from Dayton's list (including human soldiers).
It seems I was a little lazy, and did not alter those lists for the reason that there are absolutely no keeps (Narduum is standing in a fortification, which you can't recruit from) on the map, and you can't recruit or recall anyways. However, I just realized (after a few years of Wesnoth, I'm in time :D ) that ctrl+r works regardless of where your leader is standing, and shows the recruit list, only to say "you can't recruit here" once you select a unit. I always used the right-click recruit item, which doesn't show up at all when your leader is not standing in a keep, therefore I thought the recruit list is hidden. Apparently it is not hidden completely.
I'll fix this in the next version. In the meantime, this shouldn't block your progress with the map, it's just an aesthetic bug - you still can't recruit or recall, even if you tried :)
Author of the Underness Series, consisting of V parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Standalone works: The Ravagers - now for 1.14, with new bugs!

lucid1

Post by lucid1 » May 27th, 2019, 8:03 am

Thanks WhiteWolf! Ah yes, I mistook the fortification for a keep, and I do use the keyboard shortcuts.

Also, I just finished the campaign, and it was a fantastic experience. I thought the storytelling was magnificent, and I loved all the additional "special effects" and extras, it's truly a work of art and a really nice step up from when I played it long time ago on 1.12. Thanks a lot for writing it! I'll keep my eyes open for the upcoming side-quests :)

WhiteWolf
Forum Regular

Post by WhiteWolf » June 9th, 2019, 9:18 pm

lucid1 wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 8:03 am
Ah yes, I mistook the fortification for a keep, and I do use the keyboard shortcuts.
It is now fixed :) 1.1.21 has been uploaded to the add-ons server.
Sorry for the late answer, but I had my thesis due these weeks. On the other hand, for some mysterious reason my ideas for Wesnoth seem to thrive with academic pressure... :lol: Sadly no new sidequests yet, but 1.1.21 implements some quite new changes:
  • The earl of Dorest and his fate now is not set in stone, it depends on the player's choices instead, which of course also affects the flow of some battles. All in all 3 people can become earl and there are 5 different endings for this arc. (For saved games, the 'old' standard Earl William arc is selected).
  • There is a new unit with a unique ability that can be recruited on the extended list by Wulfius and Wolfras: Dopplers with the "mimic" ability.
    More on Dopplers:
  • Implemented an older idea by Konrad2 that the vanquisher units of epic enemies should receive a little reward in addition to their title. The titles now also serve as abilities.
Full changelog 1.1.21:

EDITED:
There is also 1.1.3 of the Era of the Ravagers, implementing the dopplers and bringing fixes to some not-working abilities.
Author of the Underness Series, consisting of V parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Standalone works: The Ravagers - now for 1.14, with new bugs!