The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lucid1

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign now for 1.14 - [Feedback and development]

Post by lucid1 »

Hello,

Firstly, thank you WhiteWolf for an awesome campaign!

I had a question about #16 - The Wail. It seems that, as Narduum, I can still recruit and recall from Dayton's list (including human soldiers).

Is that how it's supposed to work? It feels a bit odd to me, because this is supposed to be a flashback from the point of view of a different character...
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello and welcome to the forums :)
lucid1 wrote: May 19th, 2019, 6:13 am I had a question about #16 - The Wail. It seems that, as Narduum, I can still recruit and recall from Dayton's list (including human soldiers).
It seems I was a little lazy, and did not alter those lists for the reason that there are absolutely no keeps (Narduum is standing in a fortification, which you can't recruit from) on the map, and you can't recruit or recall anyways. However, I just realized (after a few years of Wesnoth, I'm in time :D ) that ctrl+r works regardless of where your leader is standing, and shows the recruit list, only to say "you can't recruit here" once you select a unit. I always used the right-click recruit item, which doesn't show up at all when your leader is not standing in a keep, therefore I thought the recruit list is hidden. Apparently it is not hidden completely.
I'll fix this in the next version. In the meantime, this shouldn't block your progress with the map, it's just an aesthetic bug - you still can't recruit or recall, even if you tried :)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
lucid1

Post by lucid1 »

Thanks WhiteWolf! Ah yes, I mistook the fortification for a keep, and I do use the keyboard shortcuts.

Also, I just finished the campaign, and it was a fantastic experience. I thought the storytelling was magnificent, and I loved all the additional "special effects" and extras, it's truly a work of art and a really nice step up from when I played it long time ago on 1.12. Thanks a lot for writing it! I'll keep my eyes open for the upcoming side-quests :)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

lucid1 wrote: May 27th, 2019, 8:03 am Ah yes, I mistook the fortification for a keep, and I do use the keyboard shortcuts.
It is now fixed :) 1.1.21 has been uploaded to the add-ons server.
Sorry for the late answer, but I had my thesis due these weeks. On the other hand, for some mysterious reason my ideas for Wesnoth seem to thrive with academic pressure... :lol: Sadly no new sidequests yet, but 1.1.21 implements some quite new changes:
  • The earl of Dorest and his fate now is not set in stone, it depends on the player's choices instead, which of course also affects the flow of some battles. All in all 3 people can become earl and there are 5 different endings for this arc. (For saved games, the 'old' standard Earl William arc is selected).
  • There is a new unit with a unique ability that can be recruited on the extended list by Wulfius and Wolfras: Dopplers with the "mimic" ability.
    More on Dopplers:
  • Implemented an older idea by Konrad2 that the vanquisher units of epic enemies should receive a little reward in addition to their title. The titles now also serve as abilities.
Full changelog 1.1.21:

EDITED:
There is also 1.1.3 of the Era of the Ravagers, implementing the dopplers and bringing fixes to some not-working abilities.
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Hi, whitewolf. I've finished this campaign and all parts of the Underness series after one year ago. The Ravagers very amazing story, I played this campaign on wesnoth version 1.12. And thanks for my feedback.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello, I'm glad you liked it :)
DukeSwampy wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 5:18 pm I played this campaign on wesnoth version 1.12.
If that's the case though, why not update to 1.14? Wesnoth itself has many remarkable innovations with 1.14, and that applies to the Ravagers campaign as well. Not only is 1.12 no longer supported at all, but in the 1.14 versions the campaign story is still evolving and getting regular updates, with the aim of 2.0 coming soon.
If you liked it in 1.12, I really recommend giving the 1.14 versions a try some time in the future. :)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: July 7th, 2019, 10:11 am If that's the case though, why not update to 1.14? Wesnoth itself has many remarkable innovations with 1.14, and that applies to the Ravagers campaign as well. Not only is 1.12 no longer supported at all, but in the 1.14 versions the campaign story is still evolving and getting regular updates, with the aim of 2.0 coming soon.
If you liked it in 1.12, I really recommend giving the 1.14 versions a try some time in the future. :)
(To Whitewolf) Because I'm playing in the middle of Dragon Trilogy's campaign by Revansurik, but I have wesnoth 1.14 installer already. So I need to complete that campaign as soon as possible. But if you can maintain Dragon Trilogy's campaign by fixing the bugs and upload them to 1.14 wesnoth version, I will play that campaign and the Ravagers again on 1.14 if already uploaded. Because Revansurik was being abandoned the forum about 9th june 2018. Trilogy's campaign have 3 sequel campaigns, but their dependencies are War of Legends era and ASoF music. I don't know that War of Legends by Lord Knightmare has been uploaded on 1.14.

Best Regards,
DukeSwampy.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Note that, on most operating systems, you can have Wesnoth 1.12 and Wesnoth 1.14 both installed at the same time.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

gnombat wrote: July 8th, 2019, 10:35 am Note that, on most operating systems, you can have Wesnoth 1.12 and Wesnoth 1.14 both installed at the same time.
'Most operating systems' includes toasters.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 8th, 2019, 7:49 am But if you can maintain Dragon Trilogy's campaign by fixing the bugs and upload them to 1.14 wesnoth version, I will play that campaign and the Ravagers again on 1.14 if already uploaded. Because Revansurik was being abandoned the forum about 9th june 2018.
If you know for sure that a campaign has been abandoned for good, you might have better luck finding someone eager to port and maintain it in this topic. I personally can't take up another task like that, as after Ravagers, I still have the Underness Series to port. :(
As said, the Ravagers is already uploaded to 1.14, currently with version 1.1.21.

If I recall correctly, War of Legends is also indeed published in 1.14. I don't know about ASoF music.

And yes, having both 1.12 and 1.14 installed at the same time should be no problem, I have both of them too :)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: July 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm If you know for sure that a campaign has been abandoned for good, you might have better luck finding someone eager to port and maintain it in this topic. I personally can't take up another task like that, as after Ravagers, I still have the Underness Series to port. :(
Alright, if you don't want to. I'm off to play Underness series again after completing trilogy's campaign for more fun and missed with Vormund and Loivissa. But no thanks about that topic.
WhiteWolf wrote: July 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm If I recall correctly, War of Legends is also indeed published in 1.14.
As I search, that era has been uploaded about 21 May 2018.
WhiteWolf wrote: July 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm And yes, having both 1.12 and 1.14 installed at the same time should be no problem, I have both of them too :)
I have installed both version about less than one year ago, both version 1.12.6 and 1.14.3. But now, I have 1.14.6 installer.

Best Regards,
DukeSwampy
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 9th, 2019, 1:57 am I have installed both version about less than one year ago, both version 1.12.6 and 1.14.3. But now, I have 1.14.6 installer.
When you decide to give 1.14 a go, I strongly recommend first removing 1.14.3 and installing 1.14.6 instead, because there is a known bug for Wesnoth versions 1.14.5 or earlier, see the front page "Known Issues" bar for details :)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Btw, why do you include the scenario number in the scenario name?
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

legenadry -> legendary
gather round -> gather around (or 'round)
meself -> myself

EDIT: For some reason, when an enemy unit dies from effect of savage weapon (-4 HP), I don't recieve in statistics that that unit has been killed.
Last edited by EarthCake on July 14th, 2019, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.