The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elder2

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign - [Feedback and development]

Post by Elder2 »

Lol, ok, well, considering that my mage can one shot him i do not find that so unlikely xD
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Well I meant that on most maps, it's not a tendency to defeat enemy leaders by turn 6 :D Don't worry, I'll fix this, add some of the mentioned stuff, and I hope to update again sometime around the weekend.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Btw, mountain people shows how ambush can win you games xD
Attachments
TRS-(17)_Mountain_People_powtórka.gz
(222.77 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Please excuse my absence, I had stuff to attend to.
But I wasn't idle on the campaign, uploaded 1.0.15 with the bugfixes and a couple of new animations:
Changelog 1.0.15:
I'm working on 1.0.16, hopefully completing the animation of every ravager unit by then.

I watched your replay, it indeed can win you games :) Well played.

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Does The Black Sword scenario contain some custom AI? It is very annoying, the AI seems very random at deciding when to attack and when not. For example the spiders, I tested one thing on them, I had 2 almost identical units, both guardians, same traits, same hp, neither of them had high xp, yet when I put one of them in a certain spot spiders will never attack it, but if I put the other one in the same spot the spiders will always attack it, it doesn't make any sense to me. It seems like some advanced super annoying AI which you can hardly predict what it would do XD it makes playing the scenario rather annoying. Can't we have old, good, max aggression ai?
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Nothing special, all sides play with default AI settings :hmm: I'll try how it would change if I increased the aggression for some sides.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

I've uploaded 1.0.16 to the add-ons server:
Changelog 1.0.16:
I haven't had a chance to experiment with that AI yet :(

WhiteWolf
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Trolls are also annoyingly passive, you can waste a few turns on trying to lure them out of the cave, in principle it is not a valid strategy, it is better to send the mage into the cave and push through trolls and hopefully get lucky and not get bottlenecked.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Specifying high aggression to the trolls sounds fair :) I'll see what I can do.
Pags

Post by Pags »

I enjoyed this campaign immensely. I like the perspective of the retelling of the story from one of the characters' perspective, which does a better job of justifying the criticality of a list of main heroes (this is the way it was, so for me to tell the story the same as it happened, they've got to live, right?) than methods employed in other campaigns. I also like the humor regarding loading saved games in the death text. Yes, one or three of my main characters died once or ten times.

In summary, bravo
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Thanks for the compliments :) I didn't quite notice how the perspective affects the meaning and weight of the list of heroes, I guess I never seeked explanations why a couple of character's can't die in other campaigns. Now that you mention it, yeah, it may provide justification :D
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

in the "trail of a mage" scenario there is an unknown ravager longbowman type error.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

That's strange. Ravager's are not supposed to be played on that map. Are you playing the latest version?
Can you please attach a picture of the error message, or attach a saved-game/replay?
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry, like an idiot I have suppressed the save, but when I play on normal debug mode the AI, play alone without the msg error. This is the 1.0.16 on 1.12.5 version.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

I replayed Trails of a Mage on normal, and I can't reproduce the issue. In lack of a replay, there's not much more I can do :(

I don't quite understand what you mean by
ydcl wrote:I play on normal debug mode the AI, play alone without the msg error.
:?: Can you please redraft?
Do you mean you use debug mode for gameplay? That can lead to variables corruption and messy error reports if you jump over important events. Firing time over or death events, or using :n or :cl is not recommended, and there is nothing I can do to fix the issues that arise from using debug mode. :|