The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Crow_T

Re: The Ravagers - NEW SP campaign - [Feedback and developme

Post by Crow_T »

WhiteWolf wrote:Unfortunately I don't speak Lua, so no, I only had fun with it around a bit. A few notes, it really could have a bit of a tutorial when enabling it, and it seems to throw only 1 damage too often to my taste. :)
The link in my sig will get you to the appropriate docs- if you comment out the bonus/penalty for level differences (I admit an experimental addition) and adjust the steepness value that could help with the spread.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Deathchaser666 wrote: I've moved each and every character to the mouth of the cave but they don't get transported to the other side of the mountain
I'm glad you liked the Underness Series :)

Characters are not supposed to get transported, you need to move them manually, as if you were carrying out a teleport move with a Silver mage. This is due to the behaviour of [tunnel] with wesnoth 1.12, I think it is different for 1.13 now. But here this is how it works :(
See the screenshots, I hope this explains it :)
Select the unit you want, and click onto the cleared tile
Select the unit you want, and click onto the cleared tile
Here, you can see it better once someone is through
Here, you can see it better once someone is through
Crow_T wrote:The link in my sig will get you to the appropriate docs- if you comment out the bonus/penalty for level differences (I admit an experimental addition) and adjust the steepness value that could help with the spread.
I'll play around with it when I find the time, thanks :)
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi everyone,

Updated 1.0.6 with a couple of minor-to-moderate changes, some new pictures, minor game mechanics changes, and some bugfixes.
Changelog 1.0.6:
You can read a bit of explanation on the little changes in game mechanics:
Minor spoiler of mechanics:
Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

I've updated the campaign to 1.0.7, bringing many important balance changes, and a couple of interface bug fixes:
Changelog 1.0.7:
Best regards,
WhiteWolf
icare

Post by icare »

Greetings Sir

Well, I wish lead on you about a bug I've seen in your campaign (and my apologies for my eventually wrongs in English, being french, i do not know exactly how talk on this language, but I promise I will refine my level if we've to exchange world again)

Now, as you know on one of the last scenarios
Spoiler:

Of course I don't tell that is noxious to the game or that is a general problem, but for sure, it can be a little problematic to involve on the last of the story. I just wanted to expound this if you have time or idea to solve the problem (me, well... I don't even know how write a campaign with the tools given^^)

Fare thee well, and my greatest apologies on you if my language seemed too rude or devoid of courtesy.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

icare wrote:Fare thee well, and my greatest apologies on you if my language seemed too rude or devoid of courtesy.
:eng: +1 most courteous poster of all time.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Thanks for contacting :) As I understand, we are talking about map 23, Nemesis.
The problem is, I can't reproduce this bug, meaning:
Major spoiler, but read for the bug:
Which version of Wesnoth, and which version of the campaign do you have?
Can I ask you to upload your replay of the scenario? I mean the "TRS-Nemesis replay.gz" or it may be something like "TRS-Nemesis rejourer.gz" if you play the game in french. It's located with your savegame files in your game directory. At the moment, I have no idea, how this could have happenned, but the replay should help a lot. :)

Thanks, best regards,
WhiteWolf
icare

Post by icare »

Thank you, for your response Sir.

I have the replay, but... well I don't know, how can I upload to put it on my post?^^

I have the Wesnoth version 12.0 and the first version of the ravagers campaign.
Spoiler:
My best regards :) .
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

icare wrote:I have the replay, but... well I don't know, how can I upload to put it on my post?^^
To locate the save files look at EditingWesnoth#The_user_data_directory in the wiki (userdata/saves).
To upload them, use "Reply" instead of "Quick Reply", and scroll a bit down – there is an "upload attachment" section.
icare

Post by icare »

Well, I have finally find the required replay, and I sent by now:

I presume that a direct notification of the turn when the bug happened at place of all the replay would be more appreciable... But i do not how do this, and, you know, we french are a country jolly fellow, so i guessed that see entirely my players's "skills" will give you delights^^.
Attachments
TRS-Nemesis_revoir_la_partie.gz
My entire replay of the scenario
(219.81 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Thanks for explaining it pauxlo, and thanks for uploading it. :)
Yes, there is really a bug, I can see and reproduce it now.

For a quick fix, see the spoiler:
still contains storyline spoilers for newcomers:
A rather silly bug, I hope to get it fixed asap, I'm working on it.

A little advice for later: any of these 'white messages' in the chat like this are not good signs. They are warnings that the game engine shows, telling you, something is not right. Any time you encounter one of these, quote them to the maintainer, along with the saved replay of the game. It makes things way much easier :)

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

And, updated to 1.0.8 :)
Changelog:
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
WhiteWolf
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Hello,

First of all, I want to said that The Ravagers is an awesome campaign, even though that I only have played 6 scenario, but I'm pretty sure my judgement will stay the same till the very end. Secondly, I want to say something about this campaign:

1.Why is Gallien's javelin attack anim is using a thunderstick attack anim?
2.In scenario "The Duel", it's a little weird that the armed slave have different trait from before. I suggest using [advance_unit] rather than kill and place a new unit.
3.In scenario "The Agarwaenor King", rather than give a huge amount of gold and a very little gold carryover rate, I suggest using [store_gold] function to store the player's gold and then give a fixed amount of gold at the flashback.

I apologize if my English not too good. I'm not a native English speaker.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions :)
The Skirmisher line has indeed a javelin as ranged weapon, much resembling loyalist Javelineers, but the animation is a thunderstick, because those units used to be Gunners, in the Dark Legion faction. However, in the era where the campaign takes place, gunpowder is not used. The animations will be corrected as soon as I can make new ones.

The current gold carryover system has been criticized before, but I found that it's better to leave a smooth, continuous gold-carryover with compensating rates, rather than bruteforcing a fixed amount of gold to the player, regardless of the outcome of the previous map. As long as I don't receive feedback that it's imbalanced or can be twisted into creating OP amount of starting gold, I do not plan to change this system.

Hmm...[advance_unit] seems like a good option, but I can't find it in the wml wiki, and I didn't know such action existed. Are you sure it's not 1.13 or later only?
Btw, I know I could just manually tweak the units xp to make them advance, I might switch to this option later :)

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

Uploaded 1.0.9 with some minor changes, and improvements.
Changelog 1.0.9:
Also, for those interested, here's my replay of a this-is-what-you-call-barely-won 1st scenario on Hard, killing 125 enemies in total.
TRS-(1)_Siege_of_Greenwood_HARDON.gz
(65.47 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
I'd really like to see someone beat that map on Nightmare :) For I have not yet succeeded, but I'm hardly an expert player.

Best regards,
WhiteWolf