The Ravagers - SP campaign for Wesnoth 1.16 [Feedback and development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BTIsaac

Re: The Ravagers - SP campaign now for 1.14 - [Feedback and development]

Post by BTIsaac »

WhiteWolf wrote: March 7th, 2019, 9:12 amIt was 1.1.0 upon porting. To me, this sounds like you updated to 1.1.14 right after starting the game, that is why the heroes who appeared before this point (Dothar, Gallien, Elvyndiel) are bugged from the initial version, but those who appeared after (Maggoth, Tharos, and those who are to come I suppose) are fine.
I recall downloading it along with A New Order (I know because I noticed they use the same music pack), then I spent weeks playing A New Order, started playing this, and immediately after I started up and finished the first scenario, I realized I probably should update. Yeah, that must've been it.

Anyway, fixing manually right now.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Sounds good :) Let me know if there is anything else fishy.
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Just a small thing, but the campaign awards (most times) the wrong laurel/wreath upon completion. (Apparently caused by using the old difficulties syntax.)
Details as to why and how to fix it can be found in issue #3983.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Thanks for the heads up :) I'll address this in the next version.
(Sorry for the late response, I was absent for the weekend)
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Double post because of the update of 1.1.18.
Nothing particularly new, only two new whess cards, but there are a couple of bugfixes, including the laurel fix.
Changelog 1.1.18:
Cheers :)
Mathel

Post by Mathel »

Hello.
I have noticed two strange things today in the add-on.
In Interception, I was intercepted by a Soulbeast. I had a ghost finish it off, and the phantom (it leveled up) is now named "the Nemesis of Orcs".
Koash Graet got that title from killing an orcish emperor earlier, so I find it strange that one would get it from a soulbeast.

Second is spoilerific, so I will put it in a spoiler.
Spoiler:
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello :)
Mathel wrote: April 18th, 2019, 4:57 pm In Interception, I was intercepted by a Soulbeast. I had a ghost finish it off, and the phantom (it leveled up) is now named "the Nemesis of Orcs".
Koash Graet got that title from killing an orcish emperor earlier, so I find it strange that one would get it from a soulbeast.
Apparently there's a typo in the code, and a wrong title is given if the Soulbeast dies while being the defender. Feel free to rename the unit to "the Soulkeeper", that is the title that should have been given.
Second is spoilerific, so I will put it in a spoiler.
Spoiler:
And that's missing as well, yeah.
Thanks, the issues will be fixed in the next version :)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

1.1.19 is out :) It brings some minor bugfixes, including the ones mentioned above, and a few interface and sound effects improvements, and improvements to Whess's AI.
Changelog 1.1.19:
Developer's notes on 1.2.0's probable release in August:
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Hi,

I noticed the conversion of the slaves in scernario 5 doesn't work as intended. According to the description they keep one trait and get loyal. However, the second trait is still valid. I also found a unit where the trait in the description doesn't apply at all. It has the quick trait, but still 5 movement points.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to let the slaves start with only one trait, if this is possible? This might avoid the problem with the conversion and from a player point of view, you know the type of trait the loyal charachter has. This way you can better choose a proper unit type in case of the male slaves.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hello,
RainerT wrote: May 9th, 2019, 10:28 am Wouldn't it be a better idea to let the slaves start with only one trait, if this is possible? This might avoid the problem with the conversion and from a player point of view, you know the type of trait the loyal charachter has. This way you can better choose a proper unit type in case of the male slaves.
It would definitely be a better idea. I switched it to this system, this will be the way it works after the next version :)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

And, released 1.1.20 with the mentioned improvement, some other bugfixes, a redesign of Whess's AI (see spoiler) and a minor addition to the story, making a decision a choice for the player.
Changelog 1.1.20:
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

So this just happened to me. I just played 16 - The Wail, and a legendary enemy spawned. Not sure if this was fixed or not, because i haven't updated the game since last time.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

BTIsaac wrote: May 15th, 2019, 8:54 pm 16 - The Wail, and a legendary enemy spawned. Not sure if this was fixed or not
No, that is still live in the current version. However, I fail to see why that is a problem. Yes, the point of view belongs to a different character on that map, but it is still Dayton who is narrating (something previously narrated to him by someone), at the Inn. So I don't think it's out of viewpoint that Dayton is commenting on the spawning of a legendary enemy. It's not out of context either - why wouldn't a drunk Dayton decide to spice up a story previously told by someone else?
Yeah, gameplay-wise you may feel robbed a little because you don't get to keep the unit that kills the legendary enemy. However, it's just a title (and the lvl 5 XP) that's "lost", you still retain the intoxication reduction reward. By the way, in the long run, this is the same as with the side-quests that allow drinking.
In conclusion, I don't think that map should be excluded from the list of those that allow legendary enemies. There are many that are, but I don't see why this map should be.
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

WhiteWolf wrote: May 16th, 2019, 12:16 pm Yes, the point of view belongs to a different character on that map, but it is still Dayton who is narrating (something previously narrated to him by someone), at the Inn. So I don't think it's out of viewpoint that Dayton is commenting on the spawning of a legendary enemy. It's not out of context either - why wouldn't a drunk Dayton decide to spice up a story previously told by someone else?
Actually, the enemy spawned was the orc emperor, which specifically adresses me as Dayton Blackwood, and Dayton describes him as someone he fought before.
You still retain the intoxication reduction reward.
Actually, i didn't get the reward, because the scenario ended before he reached me. The enemy heroes reach me before he does, and when they do, it's pretty much over.

Now, I haven't encountered a single legendary enemy until 13, despite Dayton being almost 90% drunk at all times. I figured if there are missions where it makes sense for legendary enemies to not spawn it's the plot-heavy ones, and the flashbacks. Especially the ones told from the perspective of the bad guys.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

BTIsaac wrote: May 17th, 2019, 9:06 pm Actually, the enemy spawned was the orc emperor, which specifically adresses me as Dayton Blackwood, and Dayton describes him as someone he fought before.
Oh, I haven't considered that. :hmm: Yeah, that's quite a strong point against having them there.
Actually, i didn't get the reward, because the scenario ended before he reached me. The enemy heroes reach me before he does, and when they do, it's pretty much over.
That's also a point. If Addicus is faster than the epic boss, then it's definitely another issue.
I'll see what I can do, but probably I'll add the map to the blocked list then.
Now, I haven't encountered a single legendary enemy until 13, despite Dayton being almost 90% drunk at all times. I figured if there are missions where it makes sense for legendary enemies to not spawn it's the plot-heavy ones, and the flashbacks. Especially the ones told from the perspective of the bad guys.
That's strange. If Dayton is drunk, you should first encounter epic enemies on map 12. Here's the list where epic enemies are allowed:
List of blocked and not-blocked maps up to 16: