Ashen Hearts [SP Drake Campaign for 1.12.6]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Ashen Hearts [SP Drake Campaign for 1.12.6]

Postby Pags » September 25th, 2017, 4:50 am

I repeated s7 and this time retrieved mr dragonheart.

In S8, I'm still getting the LUA errors though. Is there a dev version not yet uploaded with that fix?
Pags

Postby Kwandulin » September 25th, 2017, 5:20 am

I cannot replicate the error on 1.13.8 with the downloadable AH 2.2.0. Are you playing on 1.13.x? IIRC, Ashen Hearts is not even available anymore from the 1.12 servers
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Postby Pags » September 25th, 2017, 6:36 am

looks like date downloaded is june 25
uploads=14
version="1.81.0"

so...is there a fix for the lua in 1.12, or is the code so dependant on the base version 1.13?
Pags

Postby Poison » October 30th, 2017, 3:55 pm

Just finished the campaign (at 1.13.10), it's really amazing, perfect size (maybe one more scenario would be ideal) and challenges so I have enjoyed it very much. It has everything to be included in mainline imho, I understand that there have been some thoughts on this happening, I can see why. It's not overly difficult as it has been mentioned, everything works great if you know what to do, I've finished all the scenarios but one in my first attempt. My only (minor) observations/objections:
  • It should be mentioned that scouts/thunderlords/riders etc can retreat after attacking, the mainline UtBS has an ability like this called disengage,
    it should be mentioned in this campaign the same way too.
  • There should be a strong hint for the player to find Malkarth, I would have never guessed this if I haven't read the walkthrough. Unless, ofc you want this to be some super hidden secret.
  • In the final scenario, Skjal should have a tad more gold to provide a somewhat bigger challenge and delay you a little bit more.

Regarding the walkthrough: At scenario 5, the warriors way is perfectly doable also at hard if you have saved gold and do a proper recruitment. Finally at Tears of the Heartfangs I couldn't find the golden armor anywhere, please add the coordinates of the hex for this.
Last edited by Poison on November 5th, 2017, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poison

Postby Kwandulin » November 4th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Thanks! Uploaded a small update (v.2.2.1) that fixes your objections. The hint about finding Malkarth is still rather small now, but I don't want every player to find it on the first try. I also updated the walkthrough regarding the golden armour.

Glad you enjoyed the campaign!
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Postby Poison » November 5th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Thank you very much and hope to see your work in mainline, btw the micro ais work really well congrats to mattsc too.
Poison

Postby GreatLord » November 23rd, 2017, 8:09 am

I can't find your campaign, what is its name? i have the 1.12.6 version of wesnoth. thank you!
GreatLord

Previous

Return to Scenario & Campaign Development