Massive Online Multiplayer Senarios

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Would you play this sort of senario?

I guess, if somebody else made it
45%
I would be interested in contributing to such senarios
10%
Depends what mood I was in
14%
I wish you luck but I couldn't care less
17%
I think this goes against the spirit of Wesnoth
14%

Total votes: 29

The_Gnat

Re: Massive Online Multiplayer Senarios

Post by The_Gnat »

Great! I think both a circular and large pizza-shaped map will be good to add :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i just wanted to announce that i am working out a few bugs in the scenario and will probably upload it as an add-on for 1.12 and 1.13 tomorrow. :D

Things worth reading:

- the eternal dragon's animations have been improved for the rich mariccino dragon
- defense animations on unwalkable terrains have been improved
- special animations have been added to the scenario to make it look good
Question: currently the dragon "dies" when you kill him. However midnight carnival previously suggested that the dragon should "go to sleep" for a long time. If anyone has a preference you can say otherwise i will leave it.

- "notes" have been added to the objectives for EASY difficulty. If EASY the players will be informed about the dragons gold income and relocation of the enemy keeps

Note: currently the scenario has a rock-paper-scissors team gameplay but i plan on adding a modification that allows you to turn this gameplay off and one that allows you to declare war on all allies. This is because i personally enjoy being able to fight everyone and think the add-on will be better with this as an option.

- Some gold and other settings have been tweaked on the EASY, NORMAL, HARD difficulties but i have not tested it enough to know if it is good. If anyone has any balance suggestions such as "the dragon buys too many units when playing HARD" that would be great.

- I have made it so that when the enemy keeps relocate they get a new leader randomly. This makes it more interesting in my opinion.

Note: the undead have not yet been added and i am trying to decide what would be best. Ideas would be appreciated! :D

Note: i do not believe their is a Rich Marriccinio Dragon add-on for 1.13 so i will upload the one from 1.12 to 1.13

Thank you!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Okay i will now (finally) uploaded this add-on! So go download the Dragon's Lair (in about 10 minutes)! EDIT: maybe in a few hours it still a few bugs

It really still needs testing so if anyone sees any bugs i would be appreciative if they could post them! :D

Also i was wondering if anyone would be willing to come up with some speech for the king who wins the battle. In this scenario i have a randomizer so that each time you play the game the characters do not say the same thing

Currently this is what i have:
Spoiler:
Also here are the other texts i have written, but my English isn't excellent and it is hard to make the messages sound authentically medieval so if anyone has any suggestions :D
Spoiler:
I did not post the text to be an obligation on people, but instead because it would take many games to see all the possible texts so this way it is easier to improve it.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

The copy from GitHub which I recently cloned — 551c2dffe075fea349d0e2ef72aced042a296d73 — doesn't run. The name of the bundle is Dragons_Lair, but it expects Dragon_Lair. I will submit a patch, of course, — I don't know the Git verbiage, so I don't know if that is a pull or what, — but I thought I should alert you to that when you post it to the Add-on server.

If English isn't your first language, might I suggest that you also kickstart the multilanguage platform of Dragon's Lair by writing up the stuff in — Deutsch, was it? Then, you can yourself or someone else post a rough translation in English which can later be finessed.
Actually, now I want to see how my silly little intro would look in medieval Deutschsprache. Probably much more epic than it is in piffley little modern English.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Can-ned_Food wrote:The copy from GitHub which I recently cloned — 551c2dffe075fea349d0e2ef72aced042a296d73 — doesn't run. The name of the bundle is Dragons_Lair, but it expects Dragon_Lair. I will submit a patch, of course, — I don't know the Git verbiage, so I don't know if that is a pull or what, — but I thought I should alert you to that when you post it to the Add-on server.

If English isn't your first language, might I suggest that you also kickstart the multilanguage platform of Dragon's Lair by writing up the stuff in — Deutsch, was it? Then, you can yourself or someone else post a rough translation in English which can later be finessed.
Actually, now I want to see how my silly little intro would look in medieval Deutschsprache. Probably much more epic than it is in piffley little modern English.
Thank you for responding! I haven't actually ever done any translations before always just created things in English so I will have to look into that.

As for the add-on since samonella is no longer working on the project I have not taken time to update github to the newest version. After I finish testing the scenario I will upload the stable version I have made to git hub.

It should be released soon, but I don't think I will have time today to do so expect it over the next few days.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:lol: I have gotten myself buried in making another alliance system for the scenario and so the release date will be delayed. However when it is released it will be very good! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

The Dragon's Lair version 0.3.3beta
Hello i have finally released (for 1.12 and 1.13) "The Dragon's Lair"! This is officially the 'beta' release because it is the first release and so it may need some significant changes, but it is entirely stable.

It is a really great scenario so go download it! :D

@ Midnight_carnival - whenever you finish the other dragon lair maps i will be happy to add them to the add-on.

Code: Select all

Changelog:

- Rock paper scissors alliance activated from a right click menu removed moveto hexes
- Declaration and No alliance system options added through a modification
- Extra information given to EASY difficulty
- EASY difficulty made easier by reducing gold to enemy teams
- Outlaw leaders that regroup are now random
- Random 3 Message removed and all Random 3 messages replaced with 5 (though they still need extra text)
- Dragon roar sounds added to certain events
- Rich Mariccinio Dragon animated better for unwalkable terrain and prestart and die event
- Small icon added for the right click menu
- Other minor changes
Future releases hope to include:
-A new large version of the dragon pizza map
- A new circular version of the dragon pizza map
- New undead forces that fight the human players
- Better balance, currently HARD difficulty is virtually impossible ;)
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Despite a considerable lack of feedback in the last month ^_^ i am happy to say that the Dragons Lair has received 200 downloads between the 1.12 and 1.13 add-on servers! This is really great and i hope we will be able to add other different sized maps for the Dragons Lair soon! :D
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Where do we submit patches for proofreading and the like? ;)
Also, it should only use a [modification] for the older Wesnoth versions. With 1.12 and later, the [options] can be part of the [multiplayer].
EDIT: As Ravana put to my attention in a private message, I don't know what I'm talking about there. I'll posit a query instead:
Why is the [options] in a [modification], rather than in the [campaign] body?
If there is a reason, it should be mentioned in a note; unless, of course, it is obvious to everybody but me.

Code: Select all

diff -r Dragon_Lair/_main.cfg "Dragon_Lair new/_main.cfg"
15a16,21
> #define name_3p-pizza
>     name= _ "3p - The Dragon's Lair"
> #enddef
> 
> #ifdef MULTIPLAYER
> 
30,31c36,37
<     name= _ "The Dragons Lair"
<     description=_ "A Multiplayer Scenario for 3 players. You and two other players will fight the Eternal Dragon and his forces. But watch you back, only one can claim the ultimate prize. Sooner or later the alliances will collapse.
---
>     {name_3p-pizza }
>     description=_ "A Multiplayer Scenario for 3 players. You and two other players will fight the Eternal Dragon and his forces. But watch your back: only one of you can claim the ultimate prize! Sooner or later, the alliances will collapse.
63a70,99
> 
>     [options]
>         #ifver WESNOTH_VERSION <= 1.13.0
>         [combo]
>         #else
>         [choice]
>         #endif
>             id=drg_alliances_op
>             name=_"choose alliance system"
>             description=_"This will change how alliances are formed and how they operate — not with whom."
>             default=none
>             [item]
>                 name="The Rock–Paper–Scissors Alliance"
>                 value=rockpaperscissors
>             [/item]
>             [item]
>                 name="The Declaration Alliance"
>                 value=declare
>             [/item]
>             [item]
>                 name="The Default Wesnoth Alliance"
>                 value=none
>             [/item]
>         #ifver WESNOTH_VERSION <= 1.13.0
>         [/combo]
>         #else
>         [/choice]
>         #endif
>     [/options]
> 
66d101
< #ifdef MULTIPLAYER
72d106
< #endif
74,111c108
< [modification]
<      id=Dragons_Lair_Alliance_System
<      allow_scenario=01_dragon_lair
< 	 type=mp
<      name=_"The Dragons Lair - alliances"
<      description=_"This is a modification ONLY to be used with the Dragons Lair campaign. It allows you to choose between the traditional wesnoth alliances and special allianec systems. ONLY choose one option."
< 
<      require_modification=yes
< 
<      [options]
< 		#ifver WESNOTH_VERSION <= 1.13.0
< 		[combo]
< 		#else
< 		[choice]
< 		#endif
< 			id=drg_alliances_op
< 			name=_"Dragon Lair alliance system"
< 			description=_"Choose what alliance system to use."
< 			default=none
< 			[item]
< 				name="The Rock Paper Scissors Alliance"
< 				value=rockpaperscissors
< 			[/item]
< 			[item]
< 				name="The Declaration Alliance"
< 				value=declare
< 			[/item]
< 			[item]
< 				name="The Default Wesnoth Alliance"
< 				value=none
< 			[/item]
< 		#ifver WESNOTH_VERSION <= 1.13.0
< 		[/combo]
< 		#else
< 		[/choice]
< 		#endif
< 
<      [/options]
---
> #endif
113d109
< [/modification]
\ No newline at end of file

diff -r Dragon_Lair/scenarios/Dragon_Lair_Scenario.cfg "Dragon_Lair new/scenarios/Dragon_Lair_Scenario.cfg"
5c5
<     name= _ "3p - Dragon Lair"
---
>     {name_3p-pizza }
103c103
<         user_team_name= _ "Monsters"
---
>         user_team_name= _ "Swamp Monsters"
136c136
---
>         user_team_name= _ "Scoundrels"
177c177
---
>         user_team_name= _ "Drakes"
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you for noticing this Can-ned-food. :D I agree it would simplify it if it was only a campaign option (and not confuse people by allowing them to click it when playing other scenarios). I will test it and if it works as desired upload the new version! :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you Can-ned-food, after some testing i have been able to make it work in 1.13 but in 1.12 i can not make any options appear from the [campaign] tag :doh:

I have uploaded a new version for 1.13
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Dragons lair 0.3.4 has now been uploaded for 1.12 and 1.13

It now has the options included in the campaign so as not to confuse the menu system.
sergey

Post by sergey »

The declaration alliance seems buggy. Rock-paper-scissors works well, however isn't it unfair that you can't attack your foe? )) It is more complicated to understand how to play it properly.

I would like play this scenario. The_Gnat, are you interested?
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

sergey wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:25 am The declaration alliance seems buggy. Rock-paper-scissors works well, however isn't it unfair that you can't attack your foe? )) It is more complicated to understand how to play it properly.

I would like play this scenario. The_Gnat, are you interested?

Yes definitely. And it would be good to fix any bugs there are. :)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

When west leader (or is it just the first leader?) dies:
The first word should be capitalized.
The first answer has an 'i' instead of an 'I'.

Turn 7
regrouping!. -> regrouping!

Why is the ai unable to 'teleport' from one edge of the map to the other?