Invasion from the Unknown 2.1.13.1 [Wesnoth 1.14.x & 1.15.12+]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Do you ever use the Episode II menu entry to launch the campaign?

Poll ended at August 6th, 2020, 4:21 am

Yes
8%
No
92%

Total votes: 12

Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 2 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Iris »

ahmannar wrote:-> The reworked "over the sands" feels much more orientated and well designed while still feeling a big scenario. I liked the story and conections with the bandits, although it seems kind of a strech to view the elves in such a "bad way", considering the lifestyle of the bandits;
Rather unfortunately, there are some details here that get lost through the implementation. Much like Liberty scenario 1, the outlaw units belonging to side 4 (purple) here aren’t actually supposed to be bandits — they just happen to have the same stats because the game doesn’t provide more suitable alternatives for civilians/militia (especially not for a desert map). In fact, side 4 is labeled “Neutral Humans” in the Status Table, whereas side 3 (green) is “Barbarians”.

Some people may feel tempted to posit the Khalifate as an alternative, but they wouldn’t fit there due to their supposed dislike of magic, among other reasons.
ahmannar wrote:-> The "Crossfire" seems to have a AI problem and it makes this scenario the easiest of the campaign. The lich troops are completely decimated by the chaos empire and the bandits and the bandits have such low mobility on the terrain that the few that survive the fight with the lich are easily picked off 1 by 1. In the end, the player can just move all troops against the chaos empire and, after that, it´s just a long walk to the other 2 enemy leaders without any kind of strategy involved;
On what difficulty are you playing? I’ll check the scenario again to see if there’s something that can be done about this.
ahmannar wrote:-> I didn´t noticed the AI problem previously talked on the "Moon valley", it sure feels like each enemy troop´s only move when the player gets closer and can be easily distracted with a couple units, but i think otherwise this would be close to impossible to pass the scenario without huge casualties(given the difference in gold and the fact that at this point there isn´t such a high number of good recalls). If it´s intended to be a scenario to deplete part of the recall list instead, then it isn´t doing that;
The thing is, even if I hurl a million units at the player in an attempt to force them to sacrifice recalls, they will always (always) find a way to save them. I suppose that’s inevitable with an RNG-based game like Wesnoth.
ahmannar wrote:-> The "goliath" one, at least for me, feels like the only scenario in the campaign that isn´t quite there yet. It still seems like a brutal massacre of the enemies units like before the reconstruction, without a need for much strategy. Given the story at this point, having a ever growing number of enemies in order to rush the player to complete the elvel seems impossible to do, but maybe something in that train of thougth can work?;
At some point I had added code to constantly spawn enemies at the entrance, but this no longer fits thematically and wasn’t a very interesting mechanic anyway.

I like to think of S7 as some sort of “boss tutorial” where the player gets introduced to the “limited recruits/recalls against beefy targets” mechanic for the first time, without it being so big a challenge that it could result in frustration and quitting.
ahmannar wrote:-> I feel like the there should be some kind of dialogue from galas/mal keshar when the player sees that the chaos empire has trolls on their forces, especially given that it´s previously talked that the other trolls wouldn´t ever talk peacefully(don´t remember the reason that was given, my memory is not my strongest point).
That’s a good point, I’ll try to squeeze in some events to address this.
ahmannar wrote:Also, is it supposed that the cofin has nothing?;
Yes.
ahmannar wrote:-> Seeing as you said that there would be some kind of wipe list on the recalls and the fact that half of the campaign is underground,i predicted that it could be only undead related. Because of this i only recalled shydes on the underground(and 1 sharpshooter to get the bow) with hopes to conserve my elves. With this i managed to conserve 15 elves(most of then leveled until scenario 6), 6 undead units(max number allowed anyway), 2 bats and 2 necromancers(all of these units being higher than level 1). Im not sure if i am supposed to have so many units given your previous answer but the method of recall wipe, combined with the fact that undead units are much better in the last 6 scenarios of the campaign, makes so that a high number of elves makes it to the 2 part;
Spoiler:
ahmannar wrote:If this comes across as only negative feedback my apologies, but it´s easier to criticize than to compliment, anyway i tried to do that also.
There’s no problem with criticism at all! This campaign in particular has seen a lot of (IMO unwarranted) praise in the past and many people got used to things being so absurdly dull and easy that they went on to commit the same mistakes in their own campaigns. All input is important, be it negative or positive, and helps me tweak the general difficulty so that no-one feels left out, as well as improve the writing for future projects.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
ahmannar

Re: Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 2 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by ahmannar »

Forgot to say it, i´m playing on the hardest difficulty.
The thought of the "bandit" leaders on Over the Sands not realy being bandits didn´t even cross my mind, probably a result of playing too much add-ons with custom images at this point. Don´t know if you think dropping some kind of hint in their dialogue would help to remove that notion, without making the dialogue feel too much outside of the box.
Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 3 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Iris »

Version 1.99.2 (a.k.a. 2.0 Release Candidate 3) is out now!

The complete changelog for this version follows:

Code: Select all

Version 1.99.2 (codename Reconstruction RC 3):
----------------------------------------------
* Scenarios:
  * Fixed boss AI engine breaking when AtS is not installed.
  * Changed the savegame prefix for both episodes to "IftU", dropping the
    episode number since it's effectively meaningless in practice.
  * S7 - Goliath:
    * Removed all healing glyphs.
  * S14 - Bye and Behold:
    * Added a bare-bones attack animation to the Explosive Arrows item
      (issue #17).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
ahmannar

Re: Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 3 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by ahmannar »

At least the first scenario of part 2 didn´t seem too easy even with the great number of recalls at my disposal, the high number of enemies combined with the low amount of gold available and high cost of recruitable units made it still a challenge.
The dialogue that precedes "shadows of time" probably needs some kind of alteration, it mentions that erathan brings some of his men with him to "protect" the elves, but there´s no way to recruit aragwaithi units. If there´s a need to retain this dialogue for story reasons then maybe there could be some allied guard-like units, so that the gameplay follows the story told.

EDIT: Also, my goblin rider just died and there was an event of elynia trying to stop mal keshar from ressurecting him, but he would only do this on one specific scenario of part 1. This seems like a leftover of the versions before the reconstruction.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

ahmannar wrote:EDIT: Also, my goblin rider just died and there was an event of elynia trying to stop mal keshar from ressurecting him, but he would only do this on one specific scenario of part 1. This seems like a leftover of the versions before the reconstruction.
In the original versions, Mal Keshar will try to resurrect Igor if he dies during any scenario, but if Elynia is present (S11 onwards) he will give up. In Reconstruction, Elynia will only stop him from S14 onwards (logic: she is getting more acquainted with Igor) , and by S21 he doesn’t bother trying anymore.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

My doubt about the event was more about the need from mal keshar of even trying to ressurect him. During part 2 he doesn´t do it with anyone else(loyals or normal recruits), so it seemed strange to me that he tried to do it for igor. Is it because of his hatred towards all orcs?
The wipe of recalls is indeed efficient when it happens, there´s not enough gold to get all the recalls and the next couple of levels demand a minimum number of cannon fooder in order to not get the player´s veterans slaughtered on the hordes of enemies. There´s also the fact that most of those levels have a low value of gold available, which makes this even more eviddent.
Considering all of this and the fact that there´s no longer the means to get forefathers nor sylphs, i must say that the campaign is indeed harder xD
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Hi,
First of all thanks for an amazing series of campaigns. I still remember staying up way too late playing this and AtS, not just because I found them fun but because I couldn't wait to see what happened next in the story.

Anyway, so far I've finished Part 1 (Campaign version 1.99.2, Wesnoth version 1.12.5).

Typos:
-S1: The turn 4 objectives say there is no early finish bonus (there is one).
-storytxt.cfg line 193: The very thought of approaching the place were the Lady of Light... -> where
-10y_The_Fall.cfg line 238: Thus we found ourselves faced with a difficult choice: either we could stop our brethren, the elves of the forest were I grew up, -> where
-12_The_Escape.cfg line 341: "In this scenario, you may only recall or recruits during the first turn" -> recruit

Dialogue:
-S3: I was also confused by what exactly Anlindë did to Mal Keshar, and it seemed to just come out of nowhere.
-S6: I felt that one of the exchanges was a little too direct in giving gameplay advice (Galas: "The Short Darkness begins to shroud the land, giving the orcs a new advantage." Anlindë: "The combination of the might of the undead and the effectiveness of our hunters will be a great help in surviving the darkness."), especially since the player has already been using undead for several scenarios and the hunters since the beginning, so they should know this already.
-S11: There's a conversation about using the bodies of the fallen as shields - this seems to be left over from the previous version when Mal Keshar would raise the dead?
-When Igor died (in S 12) he just spoke a line about not protecting him and then turned into a corpse; there was no explanation or indication that Mal Keshar did it.

Difficulty/Gameplay (played on hard difficulty):

S1 Border Patrol Difficulty: 9 (only because of the need for high carryover for S 2)
I didn't see the point of the falcon side; all they do is take time flying around the map (skip AI moves doesn't work on them) and the enemies ignore them. (Minor note: the falcons can enter the impassable mountain terrain, which causes their sprite to get partially covered by the mountain.)

S2 A Real Confrontation Difficulty: 10
This seemed to me by far the hardest scenario in Part 1. I wonder if a small amount of extra starting gold (about 20) would retain the sense of difficulty without causing people to get stuck and having to replay S1 for gold.

S3 Memories from the Depths Difficulty: 7 (mostly not too hard, but the end is difficult)

S4 Over the Sands Difficulty: 6
I had no idea at first that there was a menu item for the dehydration help because I don't use the right click menu (I use the keyboard shortcuts); maybe the menu item could be mentioned in the scenario objective notes.

S5a Crossfire Difficulty: 6
(Unlike ahmannar, I didn't notice this scenario being unusually easy; I actually had quite a few undead come my way while fighting the chaos empire.)

S6 Moon Valley Difficulty: 7 (mostly not too hard, but the end is difficult)
As already mentioned, this scenario might be easier than it was intended to be due to the extremely passive AI behavior allowing you to pick off one enemy side at a time, though I agree that the scenario would be practically unwinnable if the AI behaved normally.

S7 Goliath Difficulty: 6 (mostly very easy, but the beginning is difficult)
I felt that the fight with Goliath was too easy, mostly because of the way the scenario sets up your expectations to fight a very powerful enemy at the end. Goliath ends up being extremely weak and the level 1 automatons he spawns with are more an annoyance than a threat.

S8 An Errand of Hope Difficulty: 7
-This scenario's difficulty is mostly due to the relatively low starting gold (I had 220 starting gold = 120 minimum + 100 carryover), because of the low minimum and the fact that you only get 16% of your carryover from S6. I think this scenario could possibly benefit from a higher minimum gold, because having close to the minimum would probably be very difficult to win with and getting more carryover would require going all the way back to S6.
-Minor note: Althurin ended S8 poisoned and remained poisoned for the following cutscene.

S9 The Library Difficulty: 6
In my playthrough, the 3 enemy armies all piled on one after another in the beginning, and I ended up stuck defending in that bottleneck north of the central keep for quite a while (about 10 turns). Maybe if one or more enemy leaders delayed recruiting there would be less fighting at the very beginning and more fighting in the second half.

S10 The Source of Light Difficulty: 8
This scenario does not give the early finish bonus that the objectives say there is.

S11 Strike on Herthgar Difficulty: 9
The objectives say there is gold carryover, as well as early finish gold for defeating all leaders, which seems a bit misleading to me, because in the next scenario you can't use more than the minimum gold anyway. I think knowing that the gold carryover doesn't matter has a big impact on your overall strategy for this scenario.
(p.s. This was my favorite scenario! I loved the tension of being surrounded, and the strategic challenge of having to manage multiple fronts. It was an epic and fun final battle!)

S12 The Escape Difficulty: 5
The big ambush at the end has the potential to completely surround and kill a unit if you moved it all the way into the empty chamber, which seems a bit unfair (possible alternative: make the trigger area for the ambush also include the tunnel before the chamber). I was paranoid about all the triggers in this scenario and only scouted a few hexes at a time, but normally I send scouts as far as they can go and rely on sighting enemy units to interrupt their movement if there's danger, and I expect many players do the same.

S13 Face your fate Difficulty: 2
For me many of the initial 14 turns, especially the later ones, were spent doing almost nothing because I had already killed most of the enemies on the map including the drone leader fairly early on. I noticed the amount of inital turns is higher for harder difficulties, but it doesn't actually add to the challenge- I think a more effective way to increase the scenario difficulty is less starting gold and/or more enemy income (personally I thought the 600 starting gold was far more than necessary).

----
Once again thanks for the update to this great campaign; I'm enjoying the rewrite so far (as much as I miss my favorite units, the sylphs and forefathers) and I liked the extra characterization given to the heroes.
Looking forward to playing Part 2!
Scaramush

Post by Scaramush »

http://www.picshare.ru/view/7376435/

And yea, 600 gold for "The Escape" is too much, imho. Too easy.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sorry for the late response. These last few months (starting with December 2015) have been kind of difficult on my ability to stay in touch with the Wesnoth community, as a few people may have noticed. I did notice your playthrough of IftU when you started posting it, and I must say I’m impressed with your effort! So, thank you very much for that!
Optional rant on file formats:
Anyway, I fixed the issues you reported with early finish bonuses in objectives, as well as the typos.
Inky wrote:S11: There's a conversation about using the bodies of the fallen as shields - this seems to be left over from the previous version when Mal Keshar would raise the dead?
Not really. That’s just a reminder for players who might be finding the scenario too difficult to consider spamming Walking Corpses to slow down the enemy.
Inky wrote:When Igor died (in S 12) he just spoke a line about not protecting him and then turned into a corpse; there was no explanation or indication that Mal Keshar did it.
This is the case until scenario 14, and intentional since Mal Keshar was still supposed to gain the ability to raise recently deceased player units in special scenarios. Nevertheless, I’ve added a minor line to make it clearer that it’s his doing.
Inky wrote:S1 Border Patrol Difficulty: 9 (only because of the need for high carryover for S 2)
I didn't see the point of the falcon side; all they do is take time flying around the map (skip AI moves doesn't work on them) and the enemies ignore them. (Minor note: the falcons can enter the impassable mountain terrain, which causes their sprite to get partially covered by the mountain.)
Decoration, mostly. Although, if you get lucky you can actually gain a few extra XPs from them, and conversely, if you get particularly unlucky, they might actually give you a bad time; if not in this scenario, then certainly in others that come much later. Birds flying into impassable terrains is neither a bug nor an accidental oversight.

But primarily it’s just a cheap visual gimmick that my 2007 self decided to add with after watching it in action in another campaign, which has been grandfathered in since then and become a staple of both campaigns’ design.
Inky wrote:S7 Goliath Difficulty: 6 (mostly very easy, but the beginning is difficult)
I felt that the fight with Goliath was too easy, mostly because of the way the scenario sets up your expectations to fight a very powerful enemy at the end. Goliath ends up being extremely weak and the level 1 automatons he spawns with are more an annoyance than a threat.
It is actually supposed to be easy, since it’s sandwiched between a difficult scenario and an average scenario and is also the first boss fight in the series.
Not a bug.
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

Thanks for the reply - about the images in my other thread I admit I hadn't even considered that lots of people have limited bandwidth. I've replaced the pngs with jpegs- thanks for pointing that out!
Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 4 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Iris »

Version 1.99.3 (a.k.a. 2.0 Release Candidate 4) is out now!

This version sees the reintroduction of scenario 5b, “Cursed Plateau” — which was disabled in previous Reconstruction releases while pending a rewrite — and a few tweaks to scenario 23B’s gameplay in an attempt to solve various concerns raised by playtesters and hopefully make it a little less frustrating.

It has been a while since the previous release. In fact, the previous release was supposed to happen at some point before December 24th 2015, with the final 2.0.0 release shipping on the 25th. This obviously did not happen, which is really unfortunate and sad. To cut a long story short, a lot of things happened over the course of the past 6 months that kept me from working on IftU, AtS, or Wesnoth itself, and especially from finishing scenario 5b even though I had the map and gameplay outline more or less finalized around the time RC 3 was released. I feel that the comparatively small amount of work that went into this release doesn’t justify the long wait, and I apologize to anyone who might’ve felt let down by my sudden and unexpected hiatus. Hopefully I will find a way to make up for it in the near future.

I’m particularly interested in your opinion of the subtle changes to S23B’s balancing, since that has proven to be a major sore point in Reconstruction’s difficulty curve, not unlike its predecessor. I’m especially looking forward to hearing back from people who had already managed to beat S23B in RC 3 or earlier.

Wow, 6 months.

That’s like, half a year or something.

Version 1.99.3 (codename Reconstruction RC 4):
* Scenarios:
  * Fixed a few typos reported on the forum thread.
  * Auto-recalled speaking units in scenarios 2, 3, 4, 5a/5b, 6 and 8 no longer
    require upkeep for the duration of the scenario in which they were
    auto-recalled.
  * S1 - Border Patrol:
    * Fixed late objectives claiming there is no early finish bonus.
  * S4 - Over the Sands:
    * Re-enabled option to advance to S5b.
  * S5b - Cursed Plateau:
    * Revised scenario.
  * S6 - The Moon Valley:
    * Disabled two unnecessary mid-battle dialogue events.
  * S7 - Goliath:
    * Very minor balancing changes to the boss fight.
  * S10 - The Source of Light:
    * Fixed objectives claiming there is an early finish bonus.
  * S11 - Strike on Herthgar:
    * Removed gold carryover and bonus carryover for this scenario, and changed
      the bonus objective to be a bonusless alternative instead.
  * S12 - The Escape:
    * Adjusted initial settings to permit the most inefficient recruitment
      pattern even without gold carryover from S11.
  * S13 - Face your Fate:
    * Ensured there isn't any gold carried over to S14.
  * S23B - Until Death:
    * Balancing changes to make the fight slightly less of an uphill battle.

* Units:
  * New unit type descriptions:
    * Chaos Arbalestier, Chaos Crossbowman, Chaos Invader.
Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 5 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Iris »

Version 1.99.4 (a.k.a. 2.0 Release Candidate 5) is out now.

Just noting, the fact that I need feedback on the tweaks to S23B in this and the previous version hasn’t stopped being a thing that is true or anything.

Version 1.99.4 (codename Reconstruction RC 5):
* Graphics:
  * New or updated unit graphics: Chaos Headhunter, Chaos Marauder, Chaos
    Soulhunter.

* Scenarios:
  * S2 - A Real Confrontation:
    * Negligible dialogue tweaks.
  * S8 - Errand of Hope:
    * Clear Althurin's statuses at the end if necessary, so that he does not
      reappear poisoned or slowed in the subsequent cutscene scenario.
  * S23B - Until Death:
    * Make the final boss able to spawn units when damaged during stage 3
      (accidentally disabled in RC 1).
    * Decreased amount of damage regenerated by the final boss when killed by
      the wrong unit during stage 3.
    * Fix Mal Keshar potentially appearing embedded in a wall in stage 3.

* Units:
    * Chaos Arbalestier, Chaos Crossbowman, Chaos Invader, Chaos Bowman, Chaos
      Raider, Chaos Headhunter, Chaos Doom Guard, Chaos Hell Guardian, Chaos
      Dark Knight, Chaos Razerman, Chaos Overlord, Shaxthal Drone, Lady of
      Light, Chaos Invoker, Chaos Magus, Sylvan Warden, Chaos Lorekeeper, Chaos
      Marauder, Chaos Soulhunter.
Oh yeah, before I forget, how about not using spoiler characters in promotional material? Thanks.
Aldarisvet
Translator

Re: Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 5 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Aldarisvet »

shadowm wrote: Oh yeah, before I forget, how about not using spoiler characters in promotional material? Thanks.
I guess you wrote this for me and about facebook page?
I always need a good picture to attract people's attention (obviously people would not put 'likes' just on the plain text, they needed some visual material). With this logic you can call every movie's trailer as a huge spoiler, yet film industry uses trailers. I just took some cool-looking portrait from your campaign.
However I can agree that something spoilering can be in especially that portrait, but I have no idea about this, because I never played your campaign, so sorry about this (well actually I tried it a year ago but quit in the first scenario because it's gameplay was looking too mainlinish, same reason was even for LotI and some others).
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 6 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Iris »

Version 1.99.5 (a.k.a. 2.0 Release Candidate 6) is out now.

This is the first IftU version in ages to have a full* animation set for Elynia, which I somehow managed to complete in less than 12 hours on and off during a particularly productive weekend spriteways — excluding the melee animation, that is, which landed in AtS before the first proper Reconstruction release. No, this doesn’t mean that IftU 2.0.0 will have full animations for all units, far from it actually. However, I thought giving our favorite demon-slayer an actual animation set was long overdue. I have completed half of the animation set she uses throughout AtS E3 as well, although I haven’t actually decided whether to roll it out as part of a 0.9.17 release along with the revised unit descriptions, or withhold it along with another major character’s facelift until AtS 0.10.0. Oh wait, I am blabbering about AtS in IftU’s thread again. Oops.
* Excluding a cutscene-only static frame that isn’t a huge priority right now.

By the way, given the overwhelming amount of feedback on S23B’s tweaks I received above, I am going to assume I did an astoundingly good job and never look at it again until after IftU 2.0.0 is released. At least one of my internal testers seems to think it’s fine.

Oh yeah, and I think I finally fixed the Goliath boss’ aversion to human-controlled units once and for all. It turns out it just wanted to move to that keep near the start of the scenario, the poor thing. Props to him for accurately determining its location from over three dozen tiles away, though.

Version 1.99.5 (codename Reconstruction RC 6):
* Graphics:
  * New or improved unit animations: Elynia (ranged attack, defense).

* Scenarios:
  * S2 - A Real Confrontation:
    * Forbid Lédinor from abandoning his keep to do something stupid.
  * S7 - Goliath:
    * Force the enemy boss to engage the player by enabling the
      leader_ignores_keep aspect.
  * S9 - The Library:
    * Minor map layout tweaks.
  * S10 - The Source of Light:
    * Auto-recalled units no longer require upkeep for this scenario.
    * Minor map layout tweaks.
  * S13 - Face your Fate:
    * Minor gold tweaks.
  * S14 - Bye and Behold:
    * Mudcrawlers and Water Serpents are not supposed to speak when encountered
      by the player.
  * S19 - Under the Sands:
    * Minor prose tweaks.
  * S20 - The Heart:
    * Minor prose tweaks.
  * S21 - Innuendo:
    * Minor prose tweaks.
  * S22A - Face of the Enemy:
    * Minor prose tweaks.
  * S22B - Dark Hive:
    * Minor prose tweaks.
  * S23A - Into the Lair:
    * Minor prose tweaks.
  * S23B - Until Death:
    * Minor prose tweaks.
  * S23Bx/S23By - Do Us Part:
    * Major prose changes by vultraz.

* Units:
    * Chaos Emperor, Chaos Warlord, Chaos Hound, Demonic Hound, Hellhound,
      Chaos Longbowman, Chaos Heavy Longbowman, Chaos Cavalier, Chaos
      Cataphract, Shadow Minion, Fungoid, Rabbit.
  * Removed E2 Shaxthal Drone variation formerly used in S7 and S9 in versions
    prior to Reconstruction RC 1.
Iris
Site Administrator

Invasion from the Unknown 2.0 RC 7 [Wesnoth 1.12]

Post by Iris »

Version 1.99.6 (a.k.a. 2.0 Release Candidate 7) is out now.

This will be the last 2.0 release candidate, barring any important bugs found in the meantime by people like you. Yes, you — you who are reading this forum post. Post any bugs you find. Now. NOW.

Version 1.99.6 (codename Reconstruction RC 7):
* Scenarios:
  * S22A - Face of the Enemy:
    * Fixed boss escape countdown in Objectives not updating at the start of
      every turn.
  * S23C - Broken Heart:
    * Added a "Checkpont cleared" alert when clearing checkpoints.

* Units:
  * Balancing:
    * Increased base Union damage from 28-3 to 29-3.
    * Faerie Sprite, Fire Faerie, Faerie Dryad, Faerie Forest Spirit,
      Shaxthal Rayblade.
    * Merged Orcish Nightblade unit description from mainline Wesnoth 1.13.2.
  * Minor tweaks to unit type descriptions:
    * Shaxthal Drone.