Campaign: Wesvoid

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Invisible Philosopher
Posts: 873
Joined: July 4th, 2004, 9:14 pm
Location: My imagination
Contact:

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

scott wrote:There is a turn problem in the Spider's Fang. On turn 2 the rubble kills the spider.
Ugh, not another one... I think I've fixed them all now; uploading the fixed version...
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.

scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Post by scott »

in the ritual folder, start.cfg calls "drake slave" which doesn't exist
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.

cbrink
Posts: 5
Joined: January 24th, 2005, 5:31 pm

FP Error in Sea Battle

Post by cbrink »

I get a FP error in Sea Battle. I run BfW 8.8 on Fedora Core 3.

After I end the 1st turn, 2 Drake Warriors show up in the water above my position, then a crash.

intro sequence finished...
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error display: could not open image ''
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
error engine: player not found!
Floating point exception

Christian

cbrink
Posts: 5
Joined: January 24th, 2005, 5:31 pm

Quick Fix

Post by cbrink »

Scott -

For a quick fix edit WESNOTH_DIR/data/campaigns/Wesvoid/scenarios/Ritual/start.cfg

At the end you'll find 4 lines like this:
{RITUAL_EVIL_RECRUIT (Drake Slave)

Just add Wesvoid to the 'Drake Slave'
{RITUAL_EVIL_RECRUIT (Wesvoid Drake Slave)

HTH,

Christian

Johann67
Posts: 21
Joined: December 4th, 2004, 7:19 pm

Post by Johann67 »

I also get the "unable to create required files" error. I have the latest version of both plugin and game and tried to install it from the campaign server after successfully installing another plugin in the exact same way. I run Win ME and I have about 14 gb of free disc space and 256 mb RAM. After failing, I tried three more times, after restarts of both wesnoth and my PC.
I even installed Wesnoth again-didn't work.
Project leader of Heroes of Ardania (http://ardania.havocaos.com/)

Piter
Posts: 20
Joined: August 20th, 2004, 9:23 am
Location: Poland

Post by Piter »

Johann67 wrote:I also get the "unable to create required files" error. I have the latest version of both plugin and game and tried to install it from the campaign server after successfully installing another plugin in the exact same way. I run Win ME and I have about 14 gb of free disc space and 256 mb RAM. After failing, I tried three more times, after restarts of both wesnoth and my PC.
I even installed Wesnoth again-didn't work.
I have the same problem, I've got win 98SE and 1,2 GB of free space on the partition. After failing I succesfully instaled other user made campaigns.

Invisible Philosopher
Posts: 873
Joined: July 4th, 2004, 9:14 pm
Location: My imagination
Contact:

Re: FP Error in Sea Battle

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

All reported bugs fixed except this one in 0.6.3:
cbrink wrote:I get a FP error in Sea Battle. I run BfW 8.8 on Fedora Core 3.
And I don't know if I've fixed the problem of failing to create files, but I removed a ">" character from a couple of filenames that might have been causing trouble.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.

Johann67
Posts: 21
Joined: December 4th, 2004, 7:19 pm

Post by Johann67 »

okay, will try again tonight :)
Project leader of Heroes of Ardania (http://ardania.havocaos.com/)

cbrink
Posts: 5
Joined: January 24th, 2005, 5:31 pm

No FP in .8.9

Post by cbrink »

Just loaded 8.9 and the FP error went away.

Thanks

Jyhem
Posts: 80
Joined: March 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm
Location: Strasbourg

Re: No FP in .8.9

Post by Jyhem »

cbrink wrote:Just loaded 8.9 and the FP error went away.

Thanks
I second that.

But now I notice that these Drake Fighters have 20% defence on deep water (isn't that cool ? Deep water is plentiful :-D ).

Yet, at the same time, they seem to be flying. I thought that flying creatures always have 50% defense.

Is there something wrong in this campaign ? In this version of Wesnoth ?

Or maybe I'm just confused and everything is actually right...

Jyhem
Posts: 80
Joined: March 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm
Location: Strasbourg

Sea Battle

Post by Jyhem »

It's tough.
I needed a lot of save/reloads but I got through :-D

So, about the next, unfinished one, some comments as spoiler-free as possible (yes, this means they don't make sense to anyone but those who actually got there):
* I did not get through yet, I lost to water and curiosity. The water thing took me by surprise the first time -> restart :-(
* My Council Light Mage ended The Ritual poisoned and wounded. He started that way the Sea Battle. Disappointing but fair enough. I spent a lot of time healing him in Sea Battle, he ended Sea Battle fully healed, and now he starts again wounded and poisoned ???? That's surely a bug ?
* Turin has a bad influence on you :-D
* How come THEY can appear, move and attack in the same round ??? How do I prepare for next round ?
* The whole thing is very frustrating because I have to choose between many kinds, and I have no idea about what's next :-(


I realise these points look a bit whiney, but all I mean to say is: it's unfinished, here is my feedback so you can make it finished :-D

ott
Inactive Developer
Posts: 838
Joined: September 28th, 2004, 10:20 am

Re: Sea Battle

Post by ott »

Jyhem wrote:My Council Light Mage ended The Ritual poisoned and wounded. He started that way the Sea Battle. Disappointing but fair enough. I spent a lot of time healing him in Sea Battle, he ended Sea Battle fully healed, and now he starts again wounded and poisoned ???? That's surely a bug ?
I've seen this too, with both Delfador and the Mage of Light. Used my White Mage to heal and cure them both during Sea Battle, then the next scenario they are both back to the state they were in at the start of Sea Battle. WML bug, I think -- store/unstore seems to be used in an odd way.

Invisible Philosopher
Posts: 873
Joined: July 4th, 2004, 9:14 pm
Location: My imagination
Contact:

Re: Sea Battle

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Jyhem wrote:* My Council Light Mage ended The Ritual poisoned and wounded. He started that way the Sea Battle. Disappointing but fair enough. I spent a lot of time healing him in Sea Battle, he ended Sea Battle fully healed, and now he starts again wounded and poisoned ???? That's surely a bug ?
Yeah, something I wish was different about Wesnoth. I'll fix it sometime.
Jyhem wrote:* Turin has a bad influence on you :-D
How? If you're referring to "Sea Battle", I came up with that independent of him (and IIRC, before him as well).
Jyhem wrote:* How come THEY can appear, move and attack in the same round ??? How do I prepare for next round ?
You know that they always appear in about the same place -- put your tougher units in front.
Jyhem wrote:* The whole thing is very frustrating because I have to choose between many kinds, and I have no idea about what's next :-(
Bring your most powerful units (assuming I know what you're talking about).
Jyhem wrote:I realise these points look a bit whiney, but all I mean to say is: it's unfinished, here is my feedback so you can make it finished :-D
Hopefully... although I'm not planning on extending this campaign soon; I have lots of other things to do.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.

Jyhem
Posts: 80
Joined: March 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm
Location: Strasbourg

Re: Sea Battle

Post by Jyhem »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:
Jyhem wrote:* Turin has a bad influence on you :-D
How? If you're referring to "Sea Battle", I came up with that independent of him (and IIRC, before him as well).
No, I was referring to Into_the_Ship vs Evacuation.
Invisible Philosopher wrote:
Jyhem wrote:* How come THEY can appear, move and attack in the same round ??? How do I prepare for next round ?
You know that they always appear in about the same place -- put your tougher units in front.
Not a problem (besides the practical difficulty). It's just that it's very unusual to have units pop out of nowhere and strike. Even the ambushes in Crossroads aren't so mean.

I just did a serious try: Even when I'm close, there is no way of blocking the portal, is there ? They come out no matter what, even in walls or ON the portal. And then one of them *stays* on the portal and I could not pass my leader. Well, it was close, and mostly my fault (I did not notice my leader was stuck between two ghosts). Had it worked, I would have saved all the required units plus *two* of mine (a white mage and a halberdier).
Invisible Philosopher wrote:
Jyhem wrote:* The whole thing is very frustrating because I have to choose between many kinds, and I have no idea about what's next :-(
Bring your most powerful units (assuming I know what you're talking about).
That's only part of the issue: this campaign is very special in the way one gets into the habit of "storing" unusual types of units in the recall list, for fear of not being able to recruit them later.
Example: I have three lvl 1 thieves in the recall list, just in case thieves might make sense later on. Same for drake slaves: if I don't keep them (if only to see their level 2), then I might as well have recruited only one in "Sea Battle" (to kick the door), and kept the money for "Into the Ship".
Invisible Philosopher wrote:
Jyhem wrote:I realise these points look a bit whiney, but all I mean to say is: it's unfinished, here is my feedback so you can make it finished :-D
Hopefully... although I'm not planning on extending this campaign soon; I have lots of other things to do.
Nooooooo!!!! It's an exciting campaign :-D

Invisible Philosopher
Posts: 873
Joined: July 4th, 2004, 9:14 pm
Location: My imagination
Contact:

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Feel free to suggest an alternative to what happens in that scenario (currently Into the Ship) -- I don't like it much myself at the moment. Depending on the number of enemies, it's either a walk-through scenario or nearly impossible, although the individual enemies are very easy, and it seems too similar to the Ritual scenario, and after having two previous scenarios with not a lot of terrain variety, I'd like it to have more, and it tends to filter out the rich variety of units you have by keeping them from getting in.
Jyhem wrote:Turin has a bad influence on you [...] referring to Into_the_Ship vs Evacuation.
Yeah, now I agree.... :P
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.

Post Reply