Campaign: Wesvoid

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

I have just a few comments to this campaign. Now I am in into the ship on intermediate.
Comment 1 - IT IS REALLY CRAZY DIFFICULT, especially the Council map with suicidal "allies". and this very special instant attacking waves of undead - really want to see creator so you Invisible Philosopher on hard here - and unless I am mistaken you are the one who is in charge to show that it is possible. I am not speaking about Into the ship - because you wrote that it is not balanced. :evil:
Comment 2 - Do not have the council MoL with me in the sea battle anymore - Is it ok? or Bug? :?:
Comment 3 - Drake slaves with weapons have two attacks but without significant raise of damage... Is it ok?
Comment 4 - This is for players - Do not train archmage path for mages - just light ones!!!
Comment 5 - I hate this undead king of yours - How is it possible to have 200% on holy and be undead.... feel like you are really trying to make it as difficult as possible.
Anyway with a little rebalancing it will be one of the greatest campaigns. Idea is great, story the same, but the difficulty - maybe you are trying to make second SOTBE 8)
Just bored..
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

I am working on it when I get the time. I think I'm going to remove the Into the Ship scenario. I worked hard on the ally mages' AI but I just couldn't get them to be quite as smart as I would like. I am going to make the easier two difficulty levels easier.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Big Bad Joe wrote: Comment 5 - I hate this undead king of yours - How is it possible to have 200% on holy and be undead.... feel like you are really trying to make it as difficult as possible.
The scenario Into the Ship is impossible... Too many Ghosts... And the King... :? :? :?
Invisible Philosopher

Andrea wrote:The scenario Into the Ship is impossible
I wrote:I think I'm going to remove the Into the Ship scenario.
One of the reasons I removed it is that it couldn't be balanced how I want it (note past tense (but you'll have to wait until I'm ready to upload a new version to the campaign server)).
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Ok thanks Philosopher :wink:
Invisible Philosopher

Buggy testing version with improved WML and upgraded for BfW 0.9.0. Don't expect it to perform much differently than the previous version. Also note, many images have been removed to allow uploading to the forum, most relevantly the custom terrain images.

EDIT: Naturally, pointing out where the bugs are (it creates mysterious error messages) would be appreciated.

EDIT II: That bug's origin was found by Ayin (thanks!)

EDIT III (a long time later): removed useless attachment.
Last edited by Invisible Philosopher on July 4th, 2005, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBaoth

Post by CBaoth »

having problems with into the void level no clue what im suppose to do! coudl you explain?
RAR!!!
Invisible Philosopher

CBaoth wrote:having problems with into the void level no clue what im suppose to do! coudl you explain?
Well... it's not finished yet at all! I haven't even tested it! I must admit I did upload a working version to the campaign server, just for the sake of having one there, but I do believe I put in a message saying the scenario isn't finished! (and I hope you're not trying to use the buggy version I had posted a while ago...)

In fact, I have not even decided entirely myself, but the objective is probably either going to be to get to the other side of the map or to kill a particular one of the enemy leaders.
CBaoth

Post by CBaoth »

ahok yea it did say it wasnt tested was just wondering what your gonna do with that level campaisn pretty cool though
RAR!!!
toms

Post by toms »

Great campaign! :)

Also a great piece of programming.

I´d love to play it until the end... :( Is it broken!?
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Could I take over maintaining this campaign? It's broken, incomplete, and seems to have been abandoned. But it also has a lot of innovative wml (maybe too much is that why it was abandoned?) and has good ideas and story.
whitewizard

please do

Post by whitewizard »

I think this is a fantastic campaign. It would be a shame to let it fizzle out into obscurity. Please take this over and make it playable again.
troodon

Post by troodon »

Unfortunately, Prometheus hasn't uploaded a fixed version yet, and it's been several months, so I started fixing it yesterday. I'd upload it, but I've been having trouble with the server.
Snarius

Post by Snarius »

I'd like to take a stab at updating this campaign.

Do either of you remember trying to fix this campaign? What sorts of obstacles did you run into? Could you post your progress, if you have it?

I haven't been able to find Wesvoid 0.7 anywhere. It disappeared from the campaign server web interface. Archive.org just has a corrupt file.
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

I ran into unbelievably massive problems too numerous to mention. I did get the first two scenarior working in 1.2. Probably they are broken again.

I'll upload what I have, if you really want it, but just so you realize, on the first two not very complicated scenarios, I found a complete rewrite to be the easiest approach.