An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tamanegi

An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.18

Post by tamanegi »

SP campaign for Wesnoth 1,14/1.16, a sequel of "A Group in a War" campaign.
Screenshot 1 (Field)
screenshot1
screenshot1
Screenshot 2 (Jukebox)
screenshot2
screenshot2
Features:
  • troop system (and corresponding battle system)
  • customizable music player (Tamanegi Jukebox; UMC Music Books (1-12), West's Chronicles (I & II), Underness Series - Music Pack packages required)
  • random maps for skirmishes
Revision Log (partially):
02/09/2016: version 0.1.5 (beta)
02/13/2016: version 0.1.5a (beta)
03/06/2016: version 0.2.0 (beta?)
04/08/2017: version 0.2.3 (beta?)
10/09/2018: version 0.3.0beta2 (for BfW 1.14)
03/23/2023: version 0.4.0 (for BfW 1.18)
Last edited by tamanegi on March 23rd, 2024, 7:48 am, edited 14 times in total.
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: [WIP]An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.12

Post by gfgtdf »

From the screenshot it looks like you use custom weapons to display the stats of your army in the rigth side panel of your leader. From the screenshot it also looks like you can use lua, so what i recomend is to (instead of using custom attack) to use wesnoth.theme_items.unit_attacks that way you can not just display arbitrary text in that panel you can also display images of even graphs.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
tamanegi

Re: [WIP]An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.12

Post by tamanegi »

@gfgtdf
It is a very good but a little bit hard suggestion to me. But fortunately, I managed to do it by modifying unit_weapons! Thank you for an excellent suggestion! :D
Customized Stat
customized right pane
customized right pane
aiw_screenshot4.png (133.43 KiB) Viewed 12984 times
Actually, this mechanism is very useful in this situation.

# Lua is very difficult for me...

Edit: fix typo
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
3Lorde

Re: An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.12

Post by 3Lorde »

O seguintes extra teve erro e não pode ser carregado:
C:/Users/andre/Downloads/WesnothPortable/Data/settings/data/add-ons/An_Independence_War/_main.cfg

Por favor reporta isto ao responsável por este extra.

Detalhes:

Macro/file '~add-ons/Tamanegi_Jukebox/_main.cfg' is missing
at ~add-ons\\An_Independence_War\\_main.cfg:68
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

This campaign requires "Tamanegi_Jukebox" addon and it seems you don't have that addon.
Did you install it? If not, please install it and retry. ;)
If you have already installed it, please give me some information such as platform(OS), wesnoth and addon versions etc.
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

Hi,

The campaign asks to install the addons. i click em "YES", but not think the ""Tamanegi_Jukebox" is installed...

I use windows 10 x64, wesnoth 1.12.5 portable, but version not portable is the same effect.

PS: i think the problem happens in any version of windows, because i had installed windows 8.1 before of windows 10..

Sorry my enghish...is not very good...
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Ahhhh, I got it! :oops:
Thank you for reporting it, 3Lorde!
I have misunderstood how to describe dependencies, so the Tamanegi Jukebox cannot be installed automatically. The dependency mistake is fixed in the new version 0.1.4b.

3Lorde, please install "Tamanegi Jukebox" package manually, it will solve the problem (I checked on my windows computer). Or, reinstall this campaign could also work.
3Lorde

Post by 3Lorde »

it work...thanks!!!

But in start the game say: "<Invalid WML found> [gold] missing required amount=attribute."
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Sorry again :oops:
I fixed that bug and uploaded new version (0.1.4d).

Thank you for reporting. :)

EDIT:
i found another bug and uploaded new version.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Ive send my emissary to the Khalifate to ask them to attack the saurians. Now, 20 turns later the emissary is still not back at my castle, but instead asks the khalifate every single turn if they will attack the saurians :(

When a company is out of food, the message "xxx company is starved" and when you press enter or click or do anything to make the message go away, the message appears again -> you cant do anything anymore and you have to restart
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

@Konrad2
Sorry for those easy and silly bugs :oops: and thank you for your very clear report. :)
Bugfixed new version 0.1.4e is uploaded.

To players of version 0.1.4d (if any others):
Please update the campaign to version 0.1.4e and restart from the beginning
of the scenario (Office.gz or Field.gz) or enter the Office from the Field may
fix those problems of your current game.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

My cursor can walk on the void :DDD
How can i make a Paperpusher go to war?
I requested the goblins to attack the trolls and they send 3 squads to the dwarves, one squad to the orcs and one squad to the trolls, wtf? xD

one goblin quad is also stuck with attacking a watchtower thats being build -> cant be hit -> they will be forever there (watchtowers that are being build are invincible)

EDIT: the one goblin squad towards the trolls got sidetracked with the dwarves too now -.-

EDIT2: whats the use of firing a recruit?

EDIT3: how is food consumption calculated? how is the healing of a squad calculated?

EDIT4: what exactly do these fancy abilities of my schoolmates mean?

EDIT5: sometimes ai squads just disappear from the map...is that intended?

EDIT6: the yellow color for recruiting engineers is not coded properly

EDIT7: same thing again: I ask the Khalifate to attack the saurians, they say yes, and they do nothing. Never. (but they dont get asked every turn now) -> it seems that the ai never cares what you want from them (tried with the goblins too)

EDIT8: why can human squads not move over mountains? hom many explaoits are need to make a battallion?

EDIT9: Clammy thinks that you want to remove him from your company whenever you try to remove any other unit(except yourself) from your company (doesnt always happen, happened just once so far) (might be triggered if you try to remove Clammy)

EDIT10: If you make an ally target someone and you defeat them, then they are still being targeted

EDIT11: Whats this " tries to trick xxx"?

EDIT12: typo in "Foodstrage"
Attachments
AIW-Office-Auto-Save47.gz
Clammy and a bunch of other units disappeared
(242.88 KiB) Downloaded 664 times
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

I requested the goblins to attack the trolls and they send 3 squads to the dwarves, one squad to the orcs and one squad to the trolls, wtf? xD
one goblin quad is also stuck with attacking a watchtower thats being build -> cant be hit -> they will be forever there (watchtowers that are being build are invincible)
EDIT: the one goblin squad towards the trolls got sidetracked with the dwarves too now -.-
I know those stupid AI issue. Units love watchtower too much, ignore real target and attacks nearby enemy (often happens betw. orcs and drakes), and so on...
I wanna fix it. I believe those issues can be solved (at least partially) by tweaking AI. So I am now studying AI. :(
EDIT2: whats the use of firing a recruit?
Currently no use.
EDIT3: how is food consumption calculated? how is the healing of a squad calculated?
(Number of members) amount of foods is consumed every turn. But the unit is on the Keeps, Castles, Villages in the beginning of the turn, food amount is maximized. Oh, this is not mentioned in the game, I will add it. Thank you for pointing out this.

EDIT: I forgot to write about healing. (this has to be added to in-game help, I know.)

If no enemy units adjacent:
+8 for all units in the troop if the troop on the villages, castles, or keeps.
+6 for all units in the troop if the troop has a +8 healer.
+4 for .. +4 healer
+2 for all units otherwise.
(automatic recruit of leader/guardian units occurs)

If enemy units adjacent:
+6 for all units if the troop has a +8 healer.
+4 for .. +4 healer
+0 for otherwise.
(automatic recruit of leader/guardian units does not occur)

If an unit has "regenerate" ability:
+6 if not +8 case
EDIT4: what exactly do these fancy abilities of my schoolmates mean?
Nothing is mentioned in the game... and in-game help message for the ranged attack is obsolete, I have to update them.
Anyway, here is a brief explanation.
"disaster": bonus for both of attack/defense
"storm": bonus for attack
"leading wind": small bonus for attack/defense
"calm": bonus for defense
Currently they are only applied to melee attacks, but they will be applied also for ranged attacks in the coming version (0.1.5).
Spoiler:
EDIT5: sometimes ai squads just disappear from the map...is that intended?
Intended. Guard troops disappear when enemies nearby are eliminated.
But I agree it is little bit confusing. I will add a message when those disappearing units are visible. Maybe in version 0.1.5.
How can i make a Paperpusher go to war?
EDIT6: the yellow color for recruiting engineers is not coded properly
EDIT7: same thing again: I ask the Khalifate to attack the saurians, they say yes, and they do nothing. Never. (but they dont get asked every turn now) -> it seems that the ai never cares what you want from them (tried with the goblins too)
EDIT10: If you make an ally target someone and you defeat them, then they are still being targeted
EDIT12: typo in "Foodstrage"
Fixed. Really thank you for reporting.
EDIT8: why can human squads not move over mountains? hom many explaoits are need to make a battallion?
For mountain, it comes from the balancing issue to defend from the human army coming from the south. But recently I understand trolls are almost invincible in this setting. The Field map will be modified on 0.1.4f to reduce advantage for trolls. The map around dwarves and drakes will be slightly modified. Battalion is currently a special unit for leader units of Empire, Kingdom, and Orcs. Currently I don't plan to allow users to use this type of unit.
EDIT9: Clammy thinks that you want to remove him from your company whenever you try to remove any other unit
Confirmed from your save file. But I cannot find the cause of this and cannot reproduce it. I know such issue can happen because unit-selecting mechanism is little bit complicated and not so straightforward. Please report me again if you could find the reason...
EDIT11: Whats this " tries to trick xxx"?
It is a bug, too! Currently the message is fixed to "(Kingdom or Empire) tries to persuade xxx to leave us". First word had been missing due to my mistake.
My cursor can walk on the void :DDD
I never be aware that :D It can walk even through the wall :D
99 move points seems to be too enough. But I leave this issue as is now, tentatively.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

it would already help if you made it possible to destroy watchtowers while they are builded ^^

thx for the update

I experimented for a bit with the Clammy bug :D
-> if i use the "You Company" to fight in a skirmish somewhere, then everyone who was in the fight is considered as "Clammy" (except "You"), so it says you cant remove them from the troop. If you try to remove them then something interesting happens: the next time you go with the company into a skirmish, they are removed. from the game. that way you can delete everyone from the game except "You
see the attached files
Attachments
AIW-Skirmish-Auto-Save1.gz
when i engaged.
(168.4 KiB) Downloaded 668 times
AIW-Field-Auto-Save50.gz
before i engage(cancel orders before you load)
(563.71 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
AIW-Office-Auto-Save44.gz
(fought with some agents a few tuns ago)
try to remove anyone from the company (except "You"). then go to the field, find scorpions, bandits, raids, agents, anything like that, engage them and *poof* some units are missing now
(241.54 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Really thank you!
The bug is fixed and new version 0.1.4g is uploaded. :D

EDIT: Mar 6th 2016
- version 0.2.0 uploaded
- THIS VERSION IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH FORMER VERSIONS
- Office is now merged into Field (thx Konrad2 :D )
-- Office/Field map can be switched (like cavern map of Roboke's Island; different from the original plan :oops: )
-- you still need to switch maps by right click menu or moveto event, sorry for inconvenience
-- join events are now automatically fired (automatically switch to Office map)
- Rider type implemented
- Knight and Dragoon appear in random squad leader recruiting (40g)
- Enables to recruit cavalryman or horseman (15g)
- Help messages are also available in Field map from right clicking menu