Fingerbone of Destiny [Feedback and Development]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Major_Swampy

Re: Fingerbone of Destiny [Feedback and Development]

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: August 1st, 2019, 9:11 am Sorry for neglecting your posts for so long, I am travelling a lot lately. :)
It's okay, tommorow I will finish this campaign until the end.
Sadly it's the same bug as it were with all previous parts. It'll be fine in 1.14.
I hope that bug will be fixed like The Ravagers.
Much like Western Cavalry, this campaign too needs a story revision here and there. I do think Fingerbone stands on much better grounds, but there are stupid things in it like this, which need to be redesigned, recalculated.
Indeed...
Spoiler:
I checked, it's a bug, so it's possible to win just by defeating everyone.
I suggest you make an alternative objective in next version campaign anyway.

Finished scenario 'Thirst for Revenge' and 'True Heir'. Two scenario battles to go. :D
In 'True Heir'...
Spoiler:
Also...
Spoiler:
Last edited by Major_Swampy on August 2nd, 2019, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

What I am mistaken? Sorry for above topic, look at Arrandor's resistant.
Spoiler:
Just finished this campaign and the entire Underness' parts. Wow, wonderful. That's all of my bugs posts.
Spoiler:
I am sorry I cannot post my statitics result because it has been reseted at two times by replaced Arrandor to Krohov and then, Morvius. Thank you for your made campaigns, Whitewolf. I will play the latest version of Ravagers campaign again sometime. :)
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: August 1st, 2019, 4:03 pm I suggest you make an alternative objective in next version campaign anyway.
Do you have anything specific in mind?
DukeSwampy wrote: August 1st, 2019, 4:03 pm In 'True Heir'...
Spoiler:
I don't know why there isn't a turn limit. I don't see a reason not to have it, so there will be one in 1.14.
DukeSwampy wrote: August 1st, 2019, 4:03 pm Also...
Spoiler:
It seems intentionally specified that way, but I don't remember why. Magical attacks should do the trick though.
DukeSwampy wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 4:30 pm What I am mistaken? Sorry for above topic, look at Arrandor's resistant.
Spoiler:
That's how it should look like. The 60% pierce resistance is the lvl 4 reward. Not really justified with any reasoning, true.
DukeSwampy wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 4:30 pm Starting from TDoK in 627 year of wesnoth to the end of FoD in 970 year of wesnoth.

I am sorry I cannot post my statitics result because it has been reseted at two times by replaced Arrandor to Krohov and then, Morvius. Thank you for your made campaigns, Whitewolf. I will play the latest version of Ravagers campaign again sometime. :)
It's more flavorful in 1.14, there you can order your campaigns by chronology rather than author-specified rank. :) What do you mean by your statistics resetting?
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm Do you have anything specific in mind?
Objective:
-Reach the Valley of Sorrow
Or
-Kill all enemy leaders(early finish bonus)
I don't know why there isn't a turn limit. I don't see a reason not to have it, so there will be one in 1.14.
Make a turn limit as 32 turns.
It seems intentionally specified that way, but I don't remember why. Magical attacks should do the trick though.
You're right, this campaign can be said to be a bit challenging.
That's how it should look like. The 60% pierce resistance is the lvl 4 reward. Not really justified with any reasoning, true.
True.
It's more flavorful in 1.14, there you can order your campaigns by chronology rather than author-specified rank. :) What do you mean by your statistics resetting?
Like from the beginning battle. Recruits, Recalls, Kills and Lost units were reseted. Sorry, I can't order it by chronology.
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 5:03 am Objective:
-Reach the Valley of Sorrow
Or
-Kill all enemy leaders(early finish bonus)
Oh that. I thought you wanted something entirely new :D
DukeSwampy wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 5:03 am Make a turn limit as 32 turns.
Based on the size, it sounds right :)
DukeSwampy wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 5:03 am Like from the beginning battle. Recruits, Recalls, Kills and Lost units were reseted.
Do you remember on which maps this happened? I'm just trying to understand if this is intended, or a bug (which I'm guessing it is)?
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 6:34 pm Oh that. I thought you wanted something entirely new :D
Yes, it surely balanced.
Based on the size, it sounds right :)
Of course, I think it surely balanced too.
Do you remember on which maps this happened? I'm just trying to understand if this is intended, or a bug (which I'm guessing it is)?
Starting from S13 The Manhunt (Krohov), and again, S20 Thirst for Revenge (Morvius). However, Arrandor's statitics won't displayed back in S16 (Still Krohov's statitics) and also in S22 (Still Morvius' statitics). It makes me confusing. :doh:
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

DukeSwampy wrote: August 4th, 2019, 12:56 am
Starting from S13 The Manhunt (Krohov), and again, S20 Thirst for Revenge (Morvius). However, Arrandor's statitics won't displayed back in S16 (Still Krohov's statitics) and also in S22 (Still Morvius' statitics). It makes me confusing. :doh:
As far as I know, statistics are stored inside the saved game files. At the moment I have no idea why this happens, but I'll take a closer look then in 1.14.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: August 5th, 2019, 3:33 pm As far as I know, statistics are stored inside the saved game files. At the moment I have no idea why this happens, but I'll take a closer look then in 1.14.
Very well, I hope that it'll be fixed soon.

That's the last of my bug report. Ok, thank you for your replies and my feedback. Also, I will post any your topics and send PM in the some time, goodbye for this topic.
Spoiler:
Best Regards,
DukeSwampy.
Regards, Swampy.

WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Sorry again for the very late answer. :(
DukeSwampy wrote: August 5th, 2019, 4:36 pm I love the music named Narduum's theme. :D
Thanks for playing :D I honestly didn't think someone would still be interested in the 1.12 campaigns. I'm glad you liked the piece :)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

WhiteWolf wrote: August 11th, 2019, 2:00 pm Thanks for playing :D I honestly didn't think someone would still be interested in the 1.12 campaigns.
Keep up the good work, Whitewolf. Bye, bye. ;)
Regards, Swampy.