Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis [SP campaign for 1.12/1.13]

Post by nemaara »

April foooools. :lol:

Just kidding, the add-on server isn't playing games with you. I have been uploading some silent updates for internal playtesting purposes, but the next real release isn't quite ready yet. I'm thinking it should be done by the end of the week, though.

Regarding old saves, they should be able to work with the new version of Genesis just fine. However, old replays may not work due to me changing one of the macros to fix a bug (sorry sorry D:). I assure you I had to do this because with the bug, one of the fights gets much, much harder.

One of these days I'll learn to write code that actually works. :annoyed:
aitsu42

Post by aitsu42 »

Hey,

little bugreport. I hope I'm doing nothing terribly wrong.

Problem: I had some problems because the dusk faeries, sprites and yumi couldn't walk on terrain that was both hills and forest. (Like a normal footman can't walk in deep water)

Where:
Genesis, red peaks (2. scenario) But when I tried to reproduce it for this post and started the game again, it suddenly worked - with the same save i used before. I'm also not sure if that was the first time it happend, but didn't know where to report elsewhere.

Has anyone an idea why that happens?

I attached a savegame.

Btw: Nice campaign till know^^

I downloaded genesis an hour ago, so that one should also be up-to-date
The Battle for Wesnoth version 1.13.11
Running on Linux 4.15.13-300.fc27.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 19:06:57 UTC 2018 x86_64

Game paths
==========

Data dir: /usr/share/wesnoth
User config dir: /home/maddin/.config/wesnoth
User data dir: /home/maddin/.local/share/wesnoth/1.13
Saves dir: /home/maddin/.local/share/wesnoth/1.13/saves
Add-ons dir: /home/maddin/.local/share/wesnoth/1.13/data/add-ons
Cache dir: /home/maddin/.cache/wesnoth

Libraries
=========

Boost: 1.64
OpenSSL/libcrypto: 1.1.0g (runtime 1.1.0h)
Cairo: 1.15.10 (runtime 1.15.10)
Pango: 1.40.13 (runtime 1.40.13)
SDL: 2.0.7 (runtime 2.0.7)
SDL_image: 2.0.2 (runtime 2.0.2)
SDL_mixer: 2.0.2 (runtime 2.0.2)
SDL_ttf: 2.0.14 (runtime 2.0.14)
libpng: 1.6.31 (runtime 1.6.31)

Features
========

Experimental OpenMP support: no
PNG screenshots: yes
Lua console completion: no
Legacy bidirectional rendering: yes
D-Bus notifications back end: no

Greetings and thanks!
Maddin
Attachments
Gns-1-Red Peaks-Autospeichern12.gz
(51.81 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It's a Wesnoth problem. Restarting Wesnoth usually fixes the problem.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

It's also been fixed after 1.13.11, so updating to the most recent version should prevent it from reoccurring.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.1.7 is released for 1.12 and 1.13.

3 new scenarios and some bugfixes (and miscellaneous content) are released in this version, which also marks the tentative completion of Genesis I. There will definitely be at least one more version before I call Genesis I truly "finished".

Note: if you are playing this campaign for the first time, I highly recommend waiting until the next version which will go on the 1.14 server, since there are very likely to be a few things to iron out in this release first.

Also, Genesis Resources version 0.0.6 is released for 1.13. This repairs some of the terrain visual bugs in 1.13 that aren't applicable to 1.12. I have a couple more issues to fix for a more finalized version, and then Genesis will be on the 1.14 server.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Excuse me, but is 'Moonlit Night' supposed to be an unbeatable April fool?
It sure looks like one.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

I can confirm its beatable, but how easily probably depends on the diff you are playing on.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Difficulty: Hard
3 Incubi with 97 hp (and 50% dmg increase, hp increase was probably the same) and an enemy boss with 343 hp who replicates some of my units near him every turn and numerous normal lvl 3 blue demons..
Enlighten me how to win that scenario.

PS: Please.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Konrad2 wrote: April 10th, 2018, 5:57 am Difficulty: Hard
3 Incubi with 97 hp (and 50% dmg increase, hp increase was probably the same) and an enemy boss with 343 hp who replicates some of my units near him every turn and numerous normal lvl 3 blue demons..
Enlighten me how to win that scenario.

PS: Please.
I am stuck there as well, but on normal difficulty. The spawns aren't helping either. That said I don't think it would have be this difficult if there was no Esther and Talya. Protecting them is appearing impossible to me. They are easy kills, especially Esther. But she always seemed quite in strong in the past.
Spoiler:
Has Esthers' abilities been tinkered with? I also remember she having good HP no it's about 50.
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

On wesnoth version 1.13.5 I tried to start the campaign and got this error while loading the first scenario.

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\cmone_000\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13/data/add-ons/Genesis/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file 'NEW:OVERLAY' is missing
at ~add-ons\\Genesis_Resources\\utils\\terrain_graphics.cfg:1327
included from ~add-ons\\Genesis\\_main.cfg:54
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Development releases don’t work the same way as stable releases do, and every single release obsoletes the previous one (1.13.5 has been unsupported ever since 1.13.6 was released, and 1.13.6 has been unsupported ever since 1.13.7 was released...). Add-on authors publishing content on the development add-ons server tend to only test against the latest release they had in hand at the time, and I believe Genesis in particular is only tested with 1.13.11 or 1.13.12 and later.

So, more generally speaking, if you are using 1.13.5 you really must switch to 1.13.13 (1.14 Release Candidate 2) or the upcoming 1.13.14 as soon as you can.

(The macro in question is only defined by 1.13.7 and later in particular.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Hm, ok, sure
Spoiler:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Argh!! I was under the impression that it is not possible to recall units in this scenario. Turns out one can. :oops: Then the scenario is certainly not difficult as I made it sound. Sorry for my oversight.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Moonlit Night is a little on the hard side, but I was able to beat it without toooo much trouble in the original version (which was a lot harder than the current one) as well. That being said, I did have a pretty optimized army for dealing with this level, so I'm curious as to what kind of units people have in their armies?
Spoiler:
I did touch one of Esther's abilities, but did not touch any of her stats.
Spoiler:
I'm intending to release a (somewhat early) patch to make this scenario a little easier (my opinion is that the bosses have a little too much hp), so that will come soon. The finalized version of Genesis I for 1.14 will likely come the next version after that. Regarding compatibility with different Wesnoth versions, Genesis is not compatible with anything before 1.13.11 (as shadowm stated) so please try to use the latest 1.13 version to avoid trouble.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

nemaara wrote: April 11th, 2018, 7:14 am Moonlit Night is a little on the hard side, but I was able to beat it without toooo much trouble in the original version (which was a lot harder than the current one) as well. That being said, I did have a pretty optimized army for dealing with this level, so I'm curious as to what kind of units people have in their armies?

As I said I reached till second stage by recruiting about 15 manifestations, but then I got overwhelmed with gold in hand. Had I have enough manifestations on map I might have managed it without recalls on normal. I don't know, it must be quite easy in normal compared to hard.
Spoiler: