Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Description

This campaign is the prequel to campaigns Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm. To those familiar with the lore presented in the aforementioned campaigns, the events in Genesis take place during the First Cycle, mostly set on the worlds of Irdya, Norsula, Ethea, and Yrathid.

There exist ten worlds in the new universe, one for each aspect of creation, and each governed by an associated Guardian. These Guardians serve as the rulers of their respective worlds and are charged with maintaining peace and order in their realms. These Guardians, however, often come into conflict with one another by the very nature of their beings, and this results in a tepid hostility between many worlds.

For most, there is no escape from the machinations of the Guardians, and they can only suffer through what fate has in store for them, but there are a select few who possess enough power to challenge the god-like Guardians and quell the growing flames of war. Of course, the energies that these souls hold also draws unwanted attention, which ultimately endangers their lives and forces them into situations in which they must face unknown threats and enemies of extraordinary power. It is these entities whose story we follow here, as they explore the secrets of the creation of the universe, and the forces that might come to destroy it.

(Expert level, part 1 - 23 scenarios [complete])

Downloading

All packages can be obtained from the Wesnoth 1.14.x/1.15.x add-ons server. The resource package "Genesis Resources" is required for this campaign to function properly. This campaign is intended to work with Wesnoth version 1.14.0 and later only.

Feedback

Any bugs, comments, or concerns should be posted in this thread. Please note that even if your feedback does not receive a direct reply, it will be read and considered for subsequent versions of this campaign. All feedback will be appreciated.

Replies to questions will not cover future events (i.e.: no spoilers for unwritten parts of this campaign will be given).

Notes

The "hard" difficulty of this campaign can be very challenging (especially in later scenarios), and is significantly more difficult than either the "normal" or "easy" modes. Do remember this when considering choice of difficulty.

For scenarios that are particularly laggy on 1.14, please disable terrain and water animations. This seems to improve performance quite a bit.

Credits

shadowm - a lot of help help with the early stages of development, images, play-testing, and storyline

doofus-01 - creator of Archaic Resources terrains and allowed them to be used in this campaign

EoZ - playtesting and balance feedback

BTIssac - unit portraits
Spoiler:
Last edited by nemaara on June 19th, 2021, 8:20 am, edited 17 times in total.
Raijer

Re: Genesis

Post by Raijer »

I can't find it on the 1.12 server. Could you try to reupload it?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

He had some problems with the PBL but it should be uploaded now.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

After having download the campaign and the genesis resources pack the game fails to download the first scenario "ash". I remember it gave some kind of error about needing 7 arguments in one line of the code and only having 6, however it only said that in the first time and my internet is so slow that it will take some hours until i could download all over again to see it.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

That moment when you realise that you have played Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm so long ago that you have forgotten about the lore and only recall fragments of it.

Is there a lore book for shadow master's campaigns available online? I would like to read it before endeavouring on playing this campaign.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

There was a bit of a bug with one of the scenarios. Please redownload the campaign if you've already gotten it. (Just "Genesis, not the resources pack").
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Hi,
A quick bug report, in Glacial Shrine apparently one could recruit humans. But neither of my unit could recruit and allied leader sat idle. It was bit awkward that they (units) kept talking as if humans were around. Besides the same expression (I no understand this, I mean something similar) every time you to a glyph felt weird. And the lake scenario is insane if you don't find the spirit as soon as possible (I think that means less exploration), you should give a rest time of at least couple of turns before respawning units. :(
Last edited by sreesreearul on August 17th, 2015, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahmannar

Post by ahmannar »

Well, for me, having redowloaded only the campaign it gives me the same error i talked about earlier, don´t know what i´m doing wrong. Using wesnoth 1.12.4 if it matters for this.
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi there, if it could help you to find what prevent the campaign to start, here is the message error:

Impossible de charger cette(ces) extension(s) en erreur :
C:/Users/gilbert/Documents/My Games/Wesnoth1.12/data/add-ons/Genesis/_main.cfg

Merci de fournir ces informations à l'auteur ou au mainteneur de cette extension.

Détails :

Preprocessor symbol 'RESPAWN_POINT_CONDITIONAL' expects 6 arguments, but has 7 arguments
at ~add-ons\\Genesis\\scenarios\\05_Crypt.cfg:416
included from ~add-ons\\Genesis\\_main.cfg:61

Sorry for my poor English by the way
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

I believe the issue might be fixed now. The version on the add-ons server has been updated.

Edit: I've updated the add-on once again. There are several bugfixes related to dialogue and images that might be useful.
Last edited by nemaara on August 20th, 2015, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey,

I just finished genesis. I think it's great, really! A wonderfully fascinating story (even though I don>'t remember the ATS and IFTU as much as I used too). I didn't found any bugs at all and just wanted to congratulate you on this great beginning of, and I'm sure of that, great campaign.
Paulomat4
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

I second paulomat. When shall we expect the second part? :)
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Soon-ish? I'll probably updated intermittently now, each time with 1-2 new scenarios and bugfixes.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.0.2 is released.

This update includes a few new (optional) scenarios and some extra images, courtesy of shadowm. Please obtain the update from the add-ons server.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

How do I start new scenarios? Finishing Crypt says 'I have won'. I went to Caerleon from white city and approached colosseum, upper district and temple in that order, but nothing happened. I only had Yumi and Esther though. I believe you intend the player to explore Caerleon after Crypt, as of now I can't continue from my previous save. Don't tell me I need to replay crypt for that. :D