Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wussel

Re: Genesis

Post by Wussel »

About the colosseum: When I reloaded the save file I was back in the city and fight was done. But when I finished the fight I got straight into impetus after a short bling of the city.

Maybe the same works with Pantheon too. Just reload and than it works again? I did not test it. Just guessing.

Impetus was not so hard. I replayed it recruiting everything (faeries and ghosts) and took fresh ghosts for the rest of the gold (40 units total). I figured that you are broke after the scenario anyway. Having the leaders refuse to die gives great experience. Getting close to the Harbingers is easy, when already there when they appear.

This sylvan Spirit walks on lava. Look at the description. They do.

The volcano is supposed to give resistance. It does not. The code says -10. I assume you want to write 100. Or 10? Basically you start with -10 and after applying "-10" (invalid number?) it remains -10.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Like I said, the other things are fixed. If you want me to try to debug the Colosseum scenario, give me a start of scenario save.
Wussel wrote:The volcano is supposed to give resistance. It does not. The code says -10. I assume you want to write 100. Or 10? Basically you start with -10 and after applying "-10" (invalid number?) it remains -10.
That's the way Wesnoth calculates resistances. What's in the code is not the actual resistance, but 100-resistance. So it adds "-10" to the resistance value to increase your resistance by 10%. In general, it's better to not report things that you think are bugs only from reading the code, since my code is kind of messy and has a lot of things that do work but are a bit hacky. If you find a gameplay error and find the corresponding code that's broken, then please do report it.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I din't think it is working in the game! That is why I read the code!

If you want to add you have to say it. Otherwise it sets a new value, but -10 might not be valid.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Wussel wrote:I din't think it is working in the game! That is why I read the code!

If you want to add you have to say it. Otherwise it sets a new value, but -10 might not be valid.
Oooh. :oops:

Well, according to the effectWML page, resistance is added to the old value, so it should be working fine. I just tested on my version and it works. Remember to consider that Aryel, Esther, and Yumi start with -10% resistance to blade/pierce/impact, so the 10% increase just serves to nullify that weakness.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.1.0 is released. There are 3 new scenarios and 22 new sprites for demons. There is also an update for the resource pack (Genesis Resources), but it is not strictly necessary to download it (it only contains some minor bugfixes for terrains). If you have any comments on the sprites, please put them in the corresponding thread in the art forum: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47802.

Again, S18 (Black Fire) has only been playtested by me, so it may be a bit tricky/buggy. If there are problems, I can always do a quick release to patch it.

As a side note, my sprites are up for grabs if anyone would like to use them, but just remember that they're licensed under CC BY-SA-NC, so please put that in the proper license file if you use them. Thanks! (:
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.1.1 is released. Turns out there was a bug in 0.1.0 that made S17b super messed up, so this hopefully fixes that. There are also some bug fixes with demon/Yumi's abilities. If anyone happened to get to S17b before upgrading to 0.1.1, you can either finish the scenario with the bug (it will not cause any gameplay problems), or you will have to restart S17b. Sorry again for the bugs... :doh:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Enjoyed the new additions. I played 0.1. I started from Black forest, there was only one bug of note (? what bug are you talking about), there seems to be some error with Ashen hearts maps_c, a bunch of error messages appeared when it loaded and I perhaps ended upon the wrong map, sadly I didn't take a screenshot, and reproducing will amount to replaying AhsenHearts-II. They error message essentially had a long list of map variables like Xomy, Xomy, Xomy, Xomy, Xomy, Brym, Urb, Urb, Urb, Urb, Urb, Uzw, Uzw, Urb, Uzw, Wwb, Wwb, Urb, Uzw, Urb, Urb, Urb, Uzw, Urb, Urb, Brym, Brym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Brym, Urb, Urb, Urb, Uzw, Urb
Xomy, Xomy, Xomy,
. But didn't really cause any gameplay problems. Is this the bug you are talking about?

I could finish Black Fire by turn 15, spending about 200 G in normal. I like it at this difficulty. :D
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

sreesreearul wrote:Enjoyed the new additions. I played 0.1. I started from Black forest, there was only one bug of note (? what bug are you talking about), there seems to be some error with Ashen hearts maps_c, a bunch of error messages appeared when it loaded and I perhaps ended upon the wrong map, sadly I didn't take a screenshot, and reproducing will amount to replaying AhsenHearts-II. They error message essentially had a long list of map variables like Xomy, Xomy, Xomy, Xomy, Xomy, Brym, Urb, Urb, Urb, Urb, Urb, Uzw, Uzw, Urb, Uzw, Wwb, Wwb, Urb, Uzw, Urb, Urb, Urb, Uzw, Urb, Urb, Brym, Brym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Btym, Brym, Urb, Urb, Urb, Uzw, Urb
Xomy, Xomy, Xomy,
. But didn't really cause any gameplay problems. Is this the bug you are talking about?

I could finish Black Fire by turn 15, spending about 200 G in normal. I like it at this difficulty. :D
Yes, that bug! I think it's fixed as of 10 minutes ago, but since you already played it, that's okay. Like I said, it's a visual issue, but it doesn't really break any gameplay. The version 0.1.1 on the server is correct with the newest fix; if more people complain, I'll just update Genesis to 0.1.2 when I absolutely 100% confirm that the bug is fixed.

Also, can I have your replay for Black Fire? I realized that the way I designed the scenario, there is a little bit of an oversight that might make it too easy on easy and normal modes. So, unfortunately for everyone else, it'll probably get harder now that you've given me this information... :lol:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

I updated to 0.1.1 and now my replays and everything appear corrupted and am not able to load anything. Even older scenarios having issues, black forest for instance.

Code: Select all

Details:

Preprocessor symbol 'ABEYANCE' expects 3 arguments, but has 2 arguments
    at ~add-ons/Genesis/units/demons/Black_Void_Shambler.cfg:49
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis/units/demons.cfg:273
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis/loader.cfg:48
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis/_main.cfg:53
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.1.3 is released for more bugfixes. I reaaaallly hope there isn't anything else completely gamebreaking that popped up. :augh:

(Version 0.1.2 turned out to be buggy but since the bug was resolved very quickly, I'm just editing this post instead of making another one)

(Side note, S18 Black Fire is a bit more difficult on Easy/Normal difficulties. I only increased the enemy starting gold and income, but nothing else).
sreesreearul wrote:I updated to 0.1.1 and now my replays and everything appear corrupted and am not able to load anything. Even older scenarios having issues, black forest for instance.

Code: Select all

Details:

Preprocessor symbol 'ABEYANCE' expects 3 arguments, but has 2 arguments
    at ~add-ons/Genesis/units/demons/Black_Void_Shambler.cfg:49
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis/units/demons.cfg:273
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis/loader.cfg:48
        included from ~add-ons/Genesis/_main.cfg:53
I've run your replay using version 0.1.2, and it works on my machine (although there are out-of-sync errors, which is probably a result of me having done a small buff to demons; very likely, you can just ignore these safely). Hopefully this fixes the rather insane number of big bugs in this release. :oops:
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

What am I to do at "Blood Sea"?

I went to the tree, but than some mirror damage Angel are bugging me. I did not get it from reading the code either. There is really nothing to do and than you loose.

The one before (12) was exotic too. It said slay leader, but leader is invincible. Turned out to be actually reach turn 21 or so.

Still playing old version. Have to look at the new sprites. Are you getting some portraits, too?

That 10% thingy seems to be ok. sorry.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

@Wussel
Spoiler:
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Wussel wrote: February 25th, 2018, 8:26 pm What am I to do at "Blood Sea"?

I went to the tree, but than some mirror damage Angel are bugging me. I did not get it from reading the code either. There is really nothing to do and than you loose.

The one before (12) was exotic too. It said slay leader, but leader is invincible. Turned out to be actually reach turn 21 or so.

Still playing old version. Have to look at the new sprites. Are you getting some portraits, too?

That 10% thingy seems to be ok. sorry.
Spoiler:
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Sure give advice!

I tried fighting first. Than I tried just to let them beat me!
I do not have a lot of gold but some is left.

Would be nice if you could keep the manifestations from before the Angels too.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Spoiler:
I was able to beat Blood Sea with 124 gold on hard mode. You can see the replay below if you want to, but note that I played on the newest version of Genesis (that hasn't been released yet), so you will get out of sync errors if you view it. However, I believe that should be the only problem with it.
Attachments
Gns-1-Blood_Sea_replay.gz
(97.44 KiB) Downloaded 294 times