Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sreesreearul

Re: Genesis

Post by sreesreearul »

I shall reinstall 1.12 and play, that will save some trouble for all of us :D . Last time I played Genesis on 1.12, that was like ages before :lol: . But recently I purged the older versions of wesnoth for no apparent reason. :doh:
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Also there is a new version out, 1.13.10, and next week or so 1.13.11 may be released, they possibly fixed the segmentation fault (and if not, an report would be very helpful).
Try out the dark board theme.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

sreesreearul wrote:I shall reinstall 1.12 and play, that will save some trouble for all of us :D . Last time I played Genesis on 1.12, that was like ages before :lol: . But recently I purged the older versions of wesnoth for no apparent reason. :doh:
That's okay, I'll accept responsibility for the long delay, since I did absolutely nothing for a looong time :oops:. I'll be happy to fix any other bug reports, though. Just, if you report something that seems tricky, please do give me a save file (probably start of scenario and/or a replay) so I can see what went wrong.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Shiki wrote:Also there is a new version out, 1.13.10, and next week or so 1.13.11 may be released, they possibly fixed the segmentation fault (and if not, an report would be very helpful).
Where should I report this? I mean which forum/thread?
Even though I have been around for a long, haven't done anything but play almost all add-ons and occasionally report bugs. :eng:
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

sreesreearul wrote:
Shiki wrote:Also there is a new version out, 1.13.10, and next week or so 1.13.11 may be released, they possibly fixed the segmentation fault (and if not, an report would be very helpful).
Where should I report this? I mean which forum/thread?
Even though I have been around for a long, haven't done anything but play almost all add-ons and occasionally report bugs. :eng:
The best place is over on Wesnoth's Github issues page, along with relevant information like OS, Wesnoth version, steps to reproduce, etc.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

The wait has been worth it, I would say. Hopefully we won't have to wait for long, from now on. :P

I have played the entire campaign, and it certainly turned out to be an immersing experience except for couple of annoying titbits, which may be a balancing issue.

I played the game on normal. And it remained pretty much normal for the old scenarios.
Spoiler:
A bug I reported earlier, re the temple scenario is not fixed it seems. The mage behaved as if it was my second time in the temple, even though it was actually my first time.
Spoiler:
About the puzzles:
Spoiler:
Once again thanks for this awesome campaign and the lore.

When can we have more? :P
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

sreesreearul wrote:The wait has been worth it, I would say. Hopefully we won't have to wait for long, from now on. :P

I have played the entire campaign, and it certainly turned out to be an immersing experience except for couple of annoying titbits, which may be a balancing issue.

I played the game on normal. And it remained pretty much normal for the old scenarios.
Spoiler:
A bug I reported earlier, re the temple scenario is not fixed it seems. The mage behaved as if it was my second time in the temple, even though it was actually my first time.
Spoiler:
About the puzzles:
Spoiler:
Once again thanks for this awesome campaign and the lore.

When can we have more? :P
Spoiler:
I actually almost have 2 more scenarios done, but I wanted to get at least 3 done before the next release. So we're looking at sometime in February, probably in a couple weeks (depends how busy my work makes me). I can also give hints on how to beat Silent Night, since it's definitely beatable, just difficult.
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Try not to spend gold with Aryel at all, in theory that should let you complete it on normal without clairvoyance.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

nemaara wrote:
I actually almost have 2 more scenarios done, but I wanted to get at least 3 done before the next release. So we're looking at sometime in February, probably in a couple weeks (depends how busy my work makes me). I can also give hints on how to beat Silent Night, since it's definitely beatable, just difficult.
Thanks for the update regarding update. :D
Spoiler:
ElderofZion wrote:Try not to spend gold with Aryel at all, in theory that should let you complete it on normal without clairvoyance.
Spoiler:
The moment I lost all hope. There are another 5-10 more. D
Spoiler:
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Hmm, well you've already passed Silent Night (even if it's with debug). If you still want to play it properly, I'll release a patched version that should give you a movement boost if you don't have clairvoyance. There are also some minor tweaks that should make it more reasonable. I don't want to give the spirits more movement because that's too easily abused.

Some strategies:
Spoiler:
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Spoiler:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Spoiler:
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Bugs encountered:

Pantheon: I went for leaving dialog but said no. I could not leave after that (no more dialog) and had to reload.

Colosseum: After the fight I got kicked out of the city into "impetus". The code looks like I should get only 1 arena fight, but could go to the city again.

Impetus: Still weird. 2 Silly human commanders. Turn 16 a berserk demon, unkillable. A lot of pointless advice in the victory condition (do to fight the blue demons! and such). I am assuming there is a second (blue) demon commander hidden somewhere. The pink demon commander gets some harbinger bodyguards after the human commanders are gone. It says finish before round 33 or it would be impossible.

In general: The time delay between pop up dialogs is seriously annoying. Please get rid of it.

More sprites for different types of demons would be nice.

Three portraits for the three main characters would be cool.

The silvan spirit: It can fly/walk on lava. But if there is a lava event, it dies like all other units. Is that intended? Maybe show the fields, which get turned somehow. Otherwise there is to much reload involved in playing this campaign.

About the riddles: Maybe put a highlight on the activated items and switch it of when the order is broken. That way player could klick through it without reading the wml.
adramolokh

Post by adramolokh »

Wussel wrote: Impetus: Still weird. 2 Silly human commanders. Turn 16 a berserk demon, unkillable. A lot of pointless advice in the victory condition (do to fight the blue demons! and such). I am assuming there is a second (blue) demon commander hidden somewhere. The pink demon commander gets some harbinger bodyguards after the human commanders are gone. It says finish before round 33 or it would be impossible.
E1S8 - Impetus:
Wussel wrote:More sprites for different types of demons would be nice.
I agree, though the work required to make so many sprites seems unreasonable for the amount of time Nemaara appears to have. Perhaps something like ~RC or [color_palette] would make it easier to differentiate demons while not needing much sprite work: assuming Nemaara wants to implement this, of course.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Wussel wrote:Bugs encountered:

Pantheon: I went for leaving dialog but said no. I could not leave after that (no more dialog) and had to reload.

Colosseum: After the fight I got kicked out of the city into "impetus". The code looks like I should get only 1 arena fight, but could go to the city again.

Impetus: Still weird. 2 Silly human commanders. Turn 16 a berserk demon, unkillable. A lot of pointless advice in the victory condition (do to fight the blue demons! and such). I am assuming there is a second (blue) demon commander hidden somewhere. The pink demon commander gets some harbinger bodyguards after the human commanders are gone. It says finish before round 33 or it would be impossible.

In general: The time delay between pop up dialogs is seriously annoying. Please get rid of it.

More sprites for different types of demons would be nice.

Three portraits for the three main characters would be cool.

The silvan spirit: It can fly/walk on lava. But if there is a lava event, it dies like all other units. Is that intended? Maybe show the fields, which get turned somehow. Otherwise there is to much reload involved in playing this campaign.

About the riddles: Maybe put a highlight on the activated items and switch it of when the order is broken. That way player could klick through it without reading the wml.
Please give me your save for both "Colosseum" and "Caerleon". My save works just fine, so I need to see what happened to yours to figure out what the problem is. The other bugs are fixed (and yes, normal units aren't supposed to be able to walk on lava).

I actually started drawing sprites yesterday, so there should be some in the new version. I can't draw portraits of any reasonable quality, so that is impossible right now. The puzzle idea is good, I'll implement it when I get the chance.