Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Sadaharu wrote: October 4th, 2018, 1:16 am Beautiful campaign, so far as I've been able to play it. I still have to find a way to defeat
Spoiler:
, though.

I never finished it yet but it's one of the best I've played, up there with FoaP, BMR, Ani's Legacy and of course IftU (I'm on revansurik's Dragon Trilogy now for a change). I might just switch to the version for BfW 1.14 the next time around.

I loved the puzzles even though I did end up resorting to keeping a .txt file with the solutions for when I replayed it in 1.14.
If you point me to the scenario in which you're having problems, I can give some advice on strategy (and you'll need to tell me the difficulty). The latest version on 1.14 has a bunch of balancing changes, so you probably want to play in 1.14 rather than 1.12. :hmm:
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

In Silent Night, it says I can recruit by right-clicking next to Aryel. However, when I do... there is not an option to do so.
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.01.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.03.09 PM.png
I'm in version 1.14.5 on Mac OS 10.14 (if it matters) on easy mode.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

That's a bug, you can't recruit ghosts anymore. I really should get to releasing the new version to fix that, but my normal working laptop is broken right now, so I have to wait until that gets fixed before I do anything. Sorry. :augh:
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

nemaara wrote: October 12th, 2018, 5:58 am That's a bug, you can't recruit ghosts anymore. I really should get to releasing the new version to fix that, but my normal working laptop is broken right now, so I have to wait until that gets fixed before I do anything. Sorry. :augh:
No worries. I realized after that someone had already commented on the same issue (I really ought to read through this stuff before commenting.. :whistle: ). In the meantime, I've gotten as far past that as Moonlit Night, but I wouldn't say I'm doing very well.
Grummel

Post by Grummel »

Topic indicates that 0.2.6 is available for 1.12, but the Add-On server still holds 0.2.2.

The following bug may thus have been fixed already:
When you finish turn 10 of Frozen Sky with a ghost on 49,16 you start turn 11 without Aryel and are unable to continue.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Grummel wrote: October 14th, 2018, 8:50 am Topic indicates that 0.2.6 is available for 1.12, but the Add-On server still holds 0.2.2.

The following bug may thus have been fixed already:
When you finish turn 10 of Frozen Sky with a ghost on 49,16 you start turn 11 without Aryel and are unable to continue.
Sorry if the topic is misleading; 1.12 is out of date with the latest version because I use some features in 1.14 that aren't available in 1.12 in the newest versions. I'll try to look at that bug later, but I don't recall something like that ever occurring before so I may need a replay/start of scenario file to figure out what the issue is.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

nemaara wrote: October 4th, 2018, 9:24 pm
Sadaharu wrote: October 4th, 2018, 1:16 am Beautiful campaign, so far as I've been able to play it. I still have to find a way to defeat
Spoiler:
, though.

I never finished it yet but it's one of the best I've played, up there with FoaP, BMR, Ani's Legacy and of course IftU (I'm on revansurik's Dragon Trilogy now for a change). I might just switch to the version for BfW 1.14 the next time around.

I loved the puzzles even though I did end up resorting to keeping a .txt file with the solutions for when I replayed it in 1.14.
If you point me to the scenario in which you're having problems, I can give some advice on strategy (and you'll need to tell me the difficulty). The latest version on 1.14 has a bunch of balancing changes, so you probably want to play in 1.14 rather than 1.12. :hmm:
The scenario is the very last one in the campaign on BfW 1.12, Moonless Night (I got it before 1.14 came out, won every scenario but that one). Basically it's a strategy thing -how many units to recruit, how many ghosts to get. Don't worry, I'll win it somehow (it's the last scenario so it's just a push).

But thanks for the offer! :)
Grummel

Post by Grummel »

nemaara wrote: October 17th, 2018, 5:31 pm Sorry if the topic is misleading; 1.12 is out of date with the latest version because I use some features in 1.14 that aren't available in 1.12 in the newest versions. I'll try to look at that bug later, but I don't recall something like that ever occurring before so I may need a replay/start of scenario file to figure out what the issue is.
Hello nemaara,

I thought it was obvious, I should have said more.
In the event at the beginning of round 11, you store the Ghosts, move Aryel and later unstore the ghosts.
If one of them was stored on "49,16", it replaces Aryel.

[move_unit]
id=Aryel
to_x,to_y=49,16
[/move_unit]
{FOREACH placeholder i}
[unstore_unit]
variable=placeholder[$i]
[/unstore_unit]
ghype

Post by ghype »

Episode 1 complete,

does it mean there is a Episode 2 WIP ?
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Grummel, thanks for the pointer, I'll get to fixing that on the 1.12 version.

ghype, there is an Ep. 2 somewhere in progress, but I'm working on mainline for the moment, so this campaign is on hold.
Dragonnet

Post by Dragonnet »

Hello everyone,

I play to this campaign and I have a little problem, let's say this :

http://prntscr.com/lh6lqp

http://prntscr.com/lh6lxp

http://prntscr.com/lh6m1y

Please take a look to the three screen in the order, I've try everything and I don't want to press :n Because if I do I can't play the next scenario, have errors and missing units :/ If somebody can help me I will be very happy ^^'

And excuse my English, I'm french !

XOX, Victor
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

It seems like using the :fog command in debug mode will solve your problem. I don't get the same error when playing the latest version of Genesis, so maybe if you did something with debug mode, it may have caused a problem. :hmm:
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

Hi...

Er i am looking for the King of Caerleon ... i killed all his men and girls :P but there is no King... i moved to every "field" with both of them (aryel and yumi)

at least every field near these doors... but the King is hiding :(

Campaign on hold or did i miss something?

btw. what was the problem with the sound puzzle, did it at first try O_o but had about 100 tries with your interpretation stuff...

PLEASE for future DONT do Interpretation Puzzles.

Especially with 7 items ! MILLIONS of Solutions, especially if some does not agree with your view of things
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Which scenario are you talking about? If you have a bug, it'll also help if you provide a save so that I can figure out what's wrong (if you used debug, then yes, it will be broken).

I don't think there's much interpretation involved, you just generally pick the items that are mentioned in each puzzle (in order). I'll be switching up puzzles in the future, but no guarantee about what they'll be. :hmm:

Also the sound puzzles have visual solutions, so you can use those to solve them too.

Episode 2 is currently delayed a bit because I'm working on mainline things. :augh:
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

"Royal Palace" Level 2 where i have to locate the King of Caerleon...

at the top of the quiet small level there are 2 mages (and few soldiers)

A Great one and a balttepriest ... but the socket where the king should possibly be is empty.