Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BTIsaac

Re: Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by BTIsaac »

so, I'm going to wager a guess that this campaign is no longer maintained for 1.12
Well, I think I just saw the new version out on the app store. Might need to make room for it though.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

I can maintain the campaign as far as bugfixes go, and I might update the boss areas in the 1.12 version to be similar to the 1.14 version. The other changes won't get backported because they might break it. I can also backport the unit animations if you like.

Come Genesis II, I'll drop support for 1.12 because I use a lot of features solely in 1.14. :roll:
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

I'm playing Genesis 0.2.6 on Wesnoth 1.14.3. and there seems to be a bug in the Temple scenario in Caerleon. Namely, I'm not able to recruit any White mages. From what little wml I know, the code seems fine so I'm not sure where the problem is.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Please provide a save where the problem exists (both autosave/manual save and start of scenario save).
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

I think this is it, here you go :)
Attachments
Gns-1-Temple.gz
(14.58 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Gns-1-Temple-Auto-Save1.gz
(46.89 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Your saves work for me, there's no problem recruiting white magi that I could find. :hmm:

You do need to move one of the fae to one of the keeps in order to trigger the event, but I assume you're probably doing that.

Maybe just try restarting Wesnoth and see if the problem persists? I'm also running 1.14.0 right now, so I can test again on 1.14.3 later when I open Steam. Could be an engine bug too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

Huh, weird. I tried with each of the fae on either keep, tried restarting wesnoth, temple scenario and caerleon scenario and it always persists. Anyways, thanks for the quick reply :) I'll just debug myself a few White Magi then :)

EDIT: I can't even create a unit using debug in this scenario. I assume the issue is with the right-click option box which only offers 'end turn'. Maybe it has to do with theme=cutscene?
Last edited by Caladbolg on June 20th, 2018, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

How do I beat Incubus?
I spam almost 1000 gold into the ghosts, but because they can't take down the demons on their own I can just beat one demon per turn, so eventually I drown in demons, especially after the two Incubi spawn
And Yumi eventually runs out of health because the humans stop spawning, so I have nothing to drain new health from :/
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Caladbolg wrote: June 20th, 2018, 3:29 pm Huh, weird. I tried with each of the fae on either keep, tried restarting wesnoth, temple scenario and caerleon scenario and it always persists. Anyways, thanks for the quick reply :) I'll just debug myself a few White Magi then :)
I'll do a quick test later on 1.14.3, then.
SpiderAja wrote: June 20th, 2018, 3:36 pm How do I beat Incubus?
I spam almost 1000 gold into the ghosts, but because they can't take down the demons on their own I can just beat one demon per turn, so eventually I drown in demons, especially after the two Incubi spawn
And Yumi eventually runs out of health because the humans stop spawning, so I have nothing to drain new health from :/
What difficulty are you playing on? I didn't find Incubus to be terribly hard until you get to the part where the extra annoying demons spawn, so it may also be that you got unlucky with the spawns. However, Manifestations should be pretty effective at taking down demons, actually, and you should at most need like 300 gold of them even if you mess up positioning a little. You can also drain health from demons, although obviously it's less effective compared to draining from humans.

Maybe give me a replay if you can? :hmm:
BTIsaac

Post by BTIsaac »

nemaara wrote: June 20th, 2018, 3:05 pm I can maintain the campaign as far as bugfixes go, and I might update the boss areas in the 1.12 version to be similar to the 1.14 version. The other changes won't get backported because they might break it. I can also backport the unit animations if you like.
I'm mostly asking because only the first batch of portraits appeared in my version. Now I already removed the version from 1.12, and I hope to download it for 1.14, but 1.14 doesn't seem to like my tablet. It keeps pestering me about downloading every time I start it up, and deletes everything aside from the core package if I ignore it. I already wasted 2 Gigs of my monthly data on it. :x

Not sure what to say. It will take a long time before I play Genesis again, and who knows, by that time, the problem either gets fixed or I'll just learn to live with it.
Caladbolg

Post by Caladbolg »

I'm not sure if you caught my edit to my last post but regardless, I figured it out (I think). Removing the line with theme=cutscene fixed my problem entirely. I don't know if that line serves some other purpose besides removing unnecessary UI clutter, but it should work as a fix if someone encounters the same issue :D
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

There we go, I play on easy
Attachments
Gns-1-Incubus Aufzeichnung abspielen.gz
(32.83 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Lord_Reyan

Re: Genesis 0.2.4 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by Lord_Reyan »

SpiderAja wrote: June 20th, 2018, 5:47 am I think you have to read the 4 side crystals to unlock the one in the center and then it will trigger a long conversation about what it said
Thank you thank you thank you! I didn't see the passages to the 3rd and 4th crystals until you mentioned it.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

SpiderAja wrote: June 20th, 2018, 5:49 pm There we go, I play on easy
That replay doesn't work for me... it's stays on turn 1 after the text loads. Do you have a different one? You might need to get to like turn 15 and then save the replay to get a working one.
Caladbolg wrote: June 20th, 2018, 4:23 pm I'm not sure if you caught my edit to my last post but regardless, I figured it out (I think). Removing the line with theme=cutscene fixed my problem entirely. I don't know if that line serves some other purpose besides removing unnecessary UI clutter, but it should work as a fix if someone encounters the same issue :D
I just tested your save on 1.14.3, I can recruit white magi just fine. So there's definitely something weird going on, but if removing the theme=cutscene works for you, then that's fine. :whistle:
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

Does it work now?
At some point only Shadow Demons spawn and because they auto-heal arcane damage my ghosts have to use their range attack, but that kills my ghosts in the most cases because Shadow Demons have an arcane range attack with an accuracy of 70%
And trying to drain health from them does not work too good either since I only get 2 health per hit they take while I lose 2 health per hit they land
Attachments
Gns-1-Incubus Aufzeichnung abspielen.gz
(54.26 KiB) Downloaded 304 times