Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.3 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.2.3 is released. All this adds is some extra art utilities to the campaign.

I haven't gotten around to rebalancing the last 2 playable scenarios, that will have to come later when I figure out how to do it properly. Other than that, thanks for the comments everyone. :lol:
Dournial

Post by Dournial »

The first scenarios are great, with interesting characters and lore that is slowly being revealed but the way Impetus is designed bothers me. If the rest of the scenarios are like that, completing the campaign might not be very enjoyable.

I realize that scenario balance is a delicate thing and that what one person might find to be difficult is not difficult for others, I also agree that there's a need to make scenarios with no turn limit (beyond a certain point) more difficult over time to prevent grinding.

Impetus just feels a bit...cheap compared to the way the other early scenarios were balanced. I'll put a spoiler tag on my comments for those who don't want to know what will happen in the scenario.
Spoiler:
After witnessing that, I decided to uninstall the campaign. It's clear the the design quality is very high, but Impetus is quite like running into a brick wall just as some of the main themes in the plot were becoming visible.
Dandaedre

Post by Dandaedre »

I played your campaign for a while now and enjoyed it thoroughly (and might post a complete feedback when I get to finish it).
While playing it I encountered a strange bug (that I believe no one encountered yet),
Spoiler:
EDIT: I looked at the commit history, as per the 28 May, the problem has been addressed in the 1.14 branch (commit 76652d5905e4b8fe8e9f2108442f028126c39c80); let's just say, it seems the issue is core-wise and unlikely senario-wise only and happen for a limited range of 1.14 versions.
Last edited by Dandaedre on June 7th, 2018, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.4 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.2.4 is released. This adds animations to all of the blue demons and fixes the bug in Blood Sea (I hope).

Please let me know if there are any more issues. ^_^
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.2.5 is released. More unit animations (fire demons) are done, and lots of rebalancing in scenarios. I hope they're not broken, but who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

I reached the last room in crypt, the demons have surrounded me and called reinforcements in (second wave of leaders spawned), but then after a few rounds the game crashes OvO"
Attachments
IMG_20180618_163631.jpg
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

Also Glacial Shrine does not end, if you go there without Aryel
They do have a proper dialogue without her, but afterwards the chat displays an error message that unit Aryel was not found and then you can only wait until the time runs out
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

SpiderAja wrote: June 18th, 2018, 3:14 pm Also Glacial Shrine does not end, if you go there without Aryel
They do have a proper dialogue without her, but afterwards the chat displays an error message that unit Aryel was not found and then you can only wait until the time runs out
Can you provide saves for when you get this error? Just the autosave or a manual save will do.

Apparently the game crashing in "Crypt" is an engine bug, so there's not much I can do about that, sorry. :augh:
Konrad2 wrote: June 12th, 2018, 7:42 am Cool, you got a new color!
Isn't it shiny? :lol:
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

Hm, I did not save at the point where my game crashed in crypt, only a dozen rounds before it happened, but when I played to that point again it suddenly worked instead of crashing OvO"

But I could recreate the Glacial shrine problem ^w^
Attachments
Gns-1-Glacial Shrine-Autospeichern14.gz
before reading the final stone
(51.2 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Gns-1-Glacial Shrine Runde 14.gz
After reading the final stone
(49.4 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

nemaara wrote: June 19th, 2018, 6:38 pm Isn't it shiny? :lol:
It is indeed! xD
Lord_Reyan

Post by Lord_Reyan »

I've run into a brick wall in Glacial Shrine. Not a bug I don't think, probably just my own error. I can't trigger the ending of the shrine. I have put all three Fae in every combination on the crystals, but nothing happens, and I run into the turn limit. What is the actual objective to do/task to complete? In addition, any tips for Blue Moon, or is it just that hard?

Thank you!
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

I think you have to read the 4 side crystals to unlock the one in the center and then it will trigger a long conversation about what it said
nemaara
Developer

Re: Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.2.6 is released as a quick hotfix to the Glacial Shrine bug.
SpiderAja wrote: June 19th, 2018, 7:46 pm Hm, I did not save at the point where my game crashed in crypt, only a dozen rounds before it happened, but when I played to that point again it suddenly worked instead of crashing OvO"

But I could recreate the Glacial shrine problem ^w^
Unfortunately I can't repair those saves because there is a WML error in Glacial Shrine. So you kind of have to play the scenario from the start, or just zoom through it with debug mode. Sorry. (You cannot use debug to just skip the level, or it won't register properly when you return to Northlands, though I guess if you never revisit Glacial Shrine, it might work). :augh:
Lord_Reyan wrote: June 20th, 2018, 3:25 am I've run into a brick wall in Glacial Shrine. Not a bug I don't think, probably just my own error. I can't trigger the ending of the shrine. I have put all three Fae in every combination on the crystals, but nothing happens, and I run into the turn limit. What is the actual objective to do/task to complete? In addition, any tips for Blue Moon, or is it just that hard?

Thank you!
Spoiler:
SpiderAja

Re: Genesis 0.2.6 [1.12/1.14] [Ep 1 complete]

Post by SpiderAja »

Oh, I just reloaded Northlands, went straight to Aryel and then I made all the other scenarios on that map
I thought when I'm already reporting my crash I may as well mention the other problem I found OvO"