Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Genesis [SP campaign for 1.12/1.13]

Post by Konrad2 »

Gns-1-Blue Moon.gz
(11.22 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Gns-1-Blue Moon-Auto-Save6.gz
(46.17 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Gns-1-Northlands.gz
(10.72 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.1.5 is released. This fixes the bug in Blue Moon (I really hope), along with a few other more minor details in some of the other scenarios. Accompanying it is resources version 0.0.5, which does not contain any critical bugfixes and is not necessary to download. Please let me know if any other bugs occur.

Konrad2, I was able to fix your Northlands save. See below.
Attachments
Gns-1-Northlands Turn 1.gz
(41.68 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Thanks. ^^

EDIT:
Genesis Resources are only 0.0.4 now.

EDIT 2:
The allied Manifestations in 'Woodland Dreams' are extremely passive. They just stand around and only attack when an Enemy is in range.

EDIT 3:
So...Yumi kinda died and I didn't lose? But she is dead. As in not there anymore.
Gns-1-Woodland Dreams-Auto-Save16.gz
Protect Yumi from enemies and end your turn. She will be dead by the next turn.
(54.26 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
EDIT 4:
Why can't the Human leader in 'Glacial Shrine' recruit? That way he usually is being wiped out by the monsters sooner or later.

EDIT 5:
'Caerleon'
Colosseum: I've been betting a few times and sometimes you are being told you've won/lost when you could see that you lost/won your bet.

EDIT 6:
It's possible to kill units who shouldn't be killed (yet) by using void assault.
Spoiler:
EDIT 7:
Please drop some hints about which leaders I can't kill and when I can kill them. It's frustrating to assasinate an enemy leader and he basically tells you that he's immortal. Do they have an unlimited amount of health potions?!
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

nemaara wrote: March 13th, 2018, 7:34 pm
In other words, a timeline of major events for the rest of Genesis is already done (I actually already have a file containing a lot of information for the rest of the events of Genesis).
I half expected that. :D
nemaara wrote: March 13th, 2018, 7:34 pm
I'll try to stay reasonably active until Genesis is complete. (No promises, though, it's a big project that I'm doing for free, after all :s).

True that.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

White Mages cost no upkeep ever. I sincerly hope that it is a feature and not a bug... Winning Arcaneum would be kinda hard without that. ._.

'Black Fire'
Can you please make that the Human Guards are loyal? My ally has a looooot of villages. But because of all those guards he barely contributes with soldiers.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

That are only the white mages you buy in the city. There are more units with no upkeep.

I told him it is confusing already. There is a loyal trait. Or you can come up with something like obedient. I already suggested to use that, so people see that these units have no upkeep.

I only discovered it, when I snatched a recall loyal macro from a mainline campaign. Suddenly I hat like 20 units sitting next to my leader.

PS: The new colors for Yumi are fitting the character. Especially sharing the wing colors with Esther was kind of weird for me.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@Wussel
The only other unit that's loyal without having the loyal trait is the Lieutenant you get in 'Impetus'. Every other loyal is unit has the loyal trait.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Okay, I've fixed most of the bugs and dealt with some of the suggestions. There are a couple left:

The white magi do seem to remain loyal even after the Temple scenario, but this could be a mainline engine bug and not my doing. They are not supposed to remain loyal, but I actually don't mind if they do. It would provide some incentive to use them over faerie, who I tend to feel are generally more useful right now. On that note, it shouldn't be that hard to beat Arcaneum even without loyal white magi, but I'd need to know more specifics about what about Arcaneum is hard. I have received complaints about Arcaneum before, so please let me know if there are desired gameplay changes for the newest version (0.1.5) available.

It is definitely possible to kill things using void assault (and immolation) before they are supposed to be killed. I have repaired it, but the fix doesn't look as good visually. I'm afraid I can't really do better right now, though. :s

These changes will be pushed with the next update, unless people want them now. :hmm:

(Also, I just realized that I inadvertently released an incomplete sprite for the Demon Stormbringer, whose wings aren't done yet. Sorry about that. D:)
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Arcaneum (hard):
While it's not extremely difficult (once you find the right strategy) you need numbers to win. There is quite some amount of villages avaible, but not an unlimited amount, limiting the your income and the amount of troops you can sustain without cutting that income down. My strategy was to push with the white mages and to secure the second row of staircases. Then I'd fall back from the central staircase for one turn, letting the undead move through it and destroy them all in the next turn, securing the staírcase once more. Repeat until most undead are wiped out.
While this works (even though finishing by turn 23 is still a close call, it means I need at the very least for the first part of the strategy quite some amount of troops to be able to secure the staircases and some villages. If I didn't have any loyal troops, I'd at the very least cut down a lot on the amount of gold I can gain the next few (10?) turns. And to make the second part of the strategy possible I need to be able to get some gold through income, until I can recall/-cruit enough units to wipe the undead every time I fall back. Which isn't possible if I start with non-loyal units...
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

Traits seem to be applied when units are created or level regular. If you change attributes like level or traits, things get not applied. When I had such a problem, people told me I would need to store and unstore the unit. Never tried it.

Maybe if you change the unit from one with something like white mage loyalmusthave into regular, things might work too? Anyway it is ok for them to be loyal. Would be nice to just have the trait written as third trait.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Version 0.1.6 is released. This is a maintenance update to fix bugs and to rework some of the older scenarios, namely reducing the turn limit on scenarios with unnecessary playtime (S4d Black Cauldron being the main offender). I may have also made a fancier introduction (using some code from shadowm... :whistle:) and a nice poem for the campaign menu.

Regarding the white magi being loyal, it's going to stay in the current version as an... ahem... "feature". If it's still not fixed when I upload to 1.14, then I'll repair it there.

P.S. There are 3 scenarios left in the first episode, and one of them is done. It shouldn't take tooooooo much longer to finish it. :lol:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Are there and changes planned for some of the scenarios?
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

I'm not planning any big gameplay changes on any scenarios. It is likely that I'll go back and polish some of them, however. This includes reducing even more unnecessary playtime (as it is, Genesis I is a little bit long), although I realize less turns also means you get less gold and exp. I'll figure out a way to compensate for this.

I'm open to any suggestions if there are any particular scenarios that stand out as needing improvement. Right now, the main priority is to finish the campaign, though.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I was mostly asking because I wanted to know if I 'have' to replay the campaign from the beginning, when you update it and I want to finish it. Or if my last save is good to go.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

What's happening with the add-on server? Version 0.1.6 pops up every other day. Even though it was actually released on March 21st, the date as per add-on server now is 1st April. It did pop up on some date in between as well, and then I was genuinely surprised that you released a new version (possibly completed) in such a short time and with no notice. To my dismay, upon checking the forum I realised that it was the add-on server playing games. sigh!!