Genesis 0.2.12 [1.14/1.15] [Ep 1 complete]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sreesreearul

Re: Genesis [SP campaign for 1.12/1.13]

Post by sreesreearul »

Error with 0.1.4. The newer scenarios are not loading with the error message that illegal tile in map (Uzw) 'Uzw' the map cannot be loaded. But I managed to load save from 1.12 in 1.13 and proceed to the next scenario.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

sreesreearul wrote: March 9th, 2018, 4:04 pm Error with 0.1.4. The newer scenarios are not loading with the error message that illegal tile in map (Uzw) 'Uzw' the map cannot be loaded. But I managed to load save from 1.12 in 1.13 and proceed to the next scenario.
Do you have the latest version of Genesis Resources on 1.12? That's required for the 'Uzw' terrain to work. But anyway, as long as you don't mind playing on 1.13, there should be no problem.
catagent101

Post by catagent101 »

I found the problem. At line 6 in the file terrain3.cfg, in Genesis Resources, the wasteland terrain is defined as "Zw", not "Uzw". After I changed it, the problem was fixed.
EDIT: Also done on line 7 in _final.cfg in Genesis Resources, which caused the graphics for the terrain not to load.
EDIT 2: A reinstall (of Genesis Resources) fixed the problem after I reverted it back to how it was, despite mine being up to date. Weird.
Last edited by catagent101 on March 10th, 2018, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

nemaara wrote: March 9th, 2018, 6:49 pm Do you have the latest version of Genesis Resources on 1.12? That's required for the 'Uzw' terrain to work. But anyway, as long as you don't mind playing on 1.13, there should be no problem.
Yup that was the problem. I hadn't updated gns_resources for a while. Updating to the latest version solved the problem. Since the error was with maps, it didn't occur to me that it can potentially arise outdated resources. Maps always come bundled with scenarios? Don't they? Or do you have some customised macros or tiles which are in resources and used in maps?

Is it intended that one can complete Twilight without solving any puzzle? One may smash down each gate and proceed to the location which will trigger the victory condition irrespective of any events 're puzzles. I managed to do that while testing out if updating resources fixed the bug.

The lore is getting thicker and rich. Loved the way it is evolving, even though some or most of it were expected and not :roll: .
Spoiler:
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

sreesreearul wrote: March 10th, 2018, 5:44 amOr do you have some customised macros or tiles which are in resources and used in maps?

Is it intended that one can complete Twilight without solving any puzzle? One may smash down each gate and proceed to the location which will trigger the victory condition irrespective of any events 're puzzles. I managed to do that while testing out if updating resources fixed the bug.
Spoiler:
That's exactly the problem, I use some terrains from After the Storm and Archaic Resources.

For Twilight Vision:
Spoiler:
About your theories, keep in mind that this is only Genesis I. There will be 2 more campaigns (hopefully, if I don't give up! :roll:) that will cover a lot of stuff. (Yes, I've gotten sucked into shadowm's crazy history and am paying the price for it by having to write long campaigns, haha). I suppose I could say a few things about that...
Spoiler:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The terrain problems I've encountered on 1.13.11 so far are not visual. Yumi can't move over Mushroom Groves or Terrain that combines hill with forest. :(
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Konrad2 wrote: March 12th, 2018, 7:36 pm The terrain problems I've encountered on 1.13.11 so far are not visual. Yumi can't move over Mushroom Groves or Terrain that combines hill with forest. :(
Hmm, that sounds like an engine bug to me. However, just in case it's not, can you please give me a save where you noticed the error occurring? Also, have you tried closing Wesnoth and reloading? It's possible that that could solve your problem.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Sounds like this bug, maybe?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@nemaara
That did not occure to me. But it helped. xD

@Pentarctagon
Seems to be it.
Rhylla

Post by Rhylla »

For Twilight Vision,
Spoiler:
Also, what are the bonuses on the map in Royal Palace? I found the gold and read the glyphs but I was expecting more like a character bonus or something. Do the glyphs need to be activated in a certain way or something? What am I missing?

Thanks!
Elder2

Post by Elder2 »

Royal Palace - the nightmare of bonus hunters XDD

Well, I could give you a hint
Spoiler:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

nemaara wrote: March 10th, 2018, 4:41 pm

There will be 2 more campaigns (hopefully, if I don't give up! :roll:) that will cover a lot of stuff. (Yes, I've gotten sucked into shadowm's crazy history and am paying the price for it by having to write long campaigns, haha). I suppose I could say a few things about that...
Spoiler:
Maybe, in case you get bored making scenarios you could write the lore and lore alone, and let us (or I) read it. It pinches, to leave a story half way through once you are hooked :cry: .

Spoiler:
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Rhylla wrote: March 13th, 2018, 3:35 am For Twilight Vision,
Spoiler:
Also, what are the bonuses on the map in Royal Palace? I found the gold and read the glyphs but I was expecting more like a character bonus or something. Do the glyphs need to be activated in a certain way or something? What am I missing?

Thanks!
Spoiler:
sreesreearul wrote: March 13th, 2018, 11:37 am Maybe, in case you get bored making scenarios you could write the lore and lore alone, and let us (or I) read it. It pinches, to leave a story half way through once you are hooked :cry: .

Spoiler:
While Genesis is very much up to me to write a lot of the story, I'm still following shadowm's major lore points as a guideline to make it fit with the entire canon. In other words, a timeline of major events for the rest of Genesis is already done (I actually already have a file containing a lot of information for the rest of the events of Genesis). The details, however, are mine to flesh out.

It would be possible for me to release that file (after some pruning and cleaning up, and probably a lot of revision) if I ever do become inactive, buuut that would be kind of lame. :roll:

I'll try to stay reasonably active until Genesis is complete. (No promises, though, it's a big project that I'm doing for free, after all :s).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Esther kinda got reset after the scenario 'Blue Moon'.
Gns-1-Northlands-Auto-Save1.gz
Weak nameless Esther :(
(41.8 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
And she can't even level up.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Konrad2 wrote: March 14th, 2018, 12:15 am Esther kinda got reset after the scenario 'Blue Moon'.
Gns-1-Northlands-Auto-Save1.gz

And she can't even level up.
That's.... reaaally weird. I'll look into it, but I need some information. Please give me the following:

A save from "Blue Moon".
The start of scenario saves for "Blue Moon" and "Northlands".