Affably Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Affably Evil (new campaign)

Post by Dugi »

Fine, I admit that I have overblown that. This is what is changed in the release candidate for the next version (story spoiler ahead):
Spoiler:
As a side effect, together with a small change in LotI it should mean an end to all minor holes in the beginning of LotI.

EDIT: Published version 0.1.2. removing the controversy. Enjoy.
pyndragon

Post by pyndragon »

Interesting solution ^^
Spoiler:
AKA pydsigner
Current maintainer of The North Wind and author of Heroics Mode.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@pyndragon
Spoiler:
pyndragon

Post by pyndragon »

Spoiler:
AKA pydsigner
Current maintainer of The North Wind and author of Heroics Mode.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Spoiler:
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

"THE BOOK" in scenario with robots is a lot like a real book as it is displayed in many games. It could be a help function a diary or a compendium. I would suggest to look at it.

About the geared picture: What I would really like is a information how geared a unit actually is. Meaning: I would like to see what equipment types are still missing.
Delicius169

Post by Delicius169 »

and thats how cenzorship in kapitalistic world works!
(I was really disturbed by the original story, now I am sad that you have changed it. The story was disturbing and a bit mean, but that was always its way...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Wussel wrote:"THE BOOK" in scenario with robots is a lot like a real book as it is displayed in many games. It could be a help function a diary or a compendium. I would suggest to look at it.
Things like Scenario with Robots are going deep into the lua stuff and lua is not much suited for campaigns. It would make the code quite weird and hard to read (because of swapping two programming languages), for not much profit.
Wussel wrote:About the geared picture: What I would really like is a information how geared a unit actually is. Meaning: I would like to see what equipment types are still missing.
That would require a deep rewrite of the code and I don't think I wanna do it because it would cause a lot of bugs and a lot of pain. When you pick an item, you see if the unit has a free slot for it or not.
Delicius169 wrote:and thats how cenzorship in kapitalistic world works!
So I guess you feel why I added that little piece of controversy with grave implications. Still, I am not very inclined to revert it...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Affably Evil

Post by Konrad2 »

did anyone report the strange behaviour of the elves in "Krux the saviour"? they didnt attack the orcs at all, and were only useable as meatshields

then there was a bug with incarcerating a unit whose hitpoints where reduced to 1HP due to whirlwind (wasnt directly hit) -> ther was no option to incarcerate the unit (when you go to the town with the opposing noble as mayor)
vadia

Post by vadia »

I find some of the missions somewhat confusing. Sometimes I skim through (or mistakenly double tap) the conversations, and I find missions like find your father (where was that again) or return to Fowleri (who or what is that)
If you had directions in the mission it would be helpful (go to father NE) etc.,
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

When i try to buy the Iron Armour of the friendly General in Strych, i get scammed (the trader sells me instead the Iron Armour of Throns)

typo on Agrippas Journal – Investigation on the useability of Walking Corpses „...unrelated to the soul that left THEN,...“

necromancy works for agrippa even though hes a ghost.

when Lucretia dies after you gave read the journal, they still wonder if she had been created to make someone immortal, but they know now already why and how she was created, so it makes no sense to wonder about it now
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Konrad2 wrote:did anyone report the strange behaviour of the elves in "Krux the saviour"? they didnt attack the orcs at all, and were only useable as meatshields
I wanted to prevent them from attacking the wolves, but accidentally prevented them from attacking the orcs.
Konrad2 wrote:then there was a bug with incarcerating a unit whose hitpoints where reduced to 1HP due to whirlwind (wasnt directly hit) -> ther was no option to incarcerate the unit
It did not work with whirlwind at all, in any place.
Konrad2 wrote:When i try to buy the Iron Armour of the friendly General in Strych, i get scammed (the trader sells me instead the Iron Armour of Throns)
Ah, sorry, wrong item number.
Konrad2 wrote:typo on Agrippas Journal – Investigation on the useability of Walking Corpses „...unrelated to the soul that left THEN,...“
Thanks.
Konrad2 wrote:necromancy works for agrippa even though hes a ghost.
This is intentional - he has his body nearby and he tries to possess it to help himself with fighting you. But it looks pretty weird, he'll be better without it.
Konrad2 wrote:when Lucretia dies after you gave read the journal, they still wonder if she had been created to make someone immortal, but they know now already why and how she was created, so it makes no sense to wonder about it now
You did not get what that message was supposed to mean, so it was most likely badly written. Reformulated it.

-
vadia wrote: Sometimes I skim through (or mistakenly double tap) the conversations, and I find missions like find your father (where was that again) or return to Fowleri (who or what is that)
If you had directions in the mission it would be helpful (go to father NE) etc.,
I'd like to know more why you have not understood it. The father is at the same place all the time and at the beginning, there is no other way to go. The 'Return to Fowleri' demand just wants you to return to the place where you have just been, simply to confirm that you are ready to go.
And you should read the dialogues.
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Played the campaign in medium difficulty. Quite good especially towards the end. I liked the RPG kind of play a lot. Did have fears if this would also stack up humongous battles towards the end (I played LotI during it's intial days, remember waiting for last couple of(or may be more) chapters). :). I played rather fast, didn't notice many bugs, but must say that I never(except in the fight against Marlyn) opted(had) to recruit either yet didn't cheat.
Spoiler:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

So you say that it could be harder?
Spoiler:
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Dugi wrote:So you say that it could be harder?
May be not. One of the reason I had it easy was, acantha with some items attained around 10mp,17x6 attack and regeneration , so she could scout around on her own. Need not happen with all.