Oath of Allegiance [SP Desert People Campaign for 1.13.5]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AHoppe

Re: Oath of Allegiance [SP Desert People Campaign for 1.13.5]

Post by AHoppe »

Thank you DukeSwampy,

that's it. I few minutes after I posted I read the error message and wondered why there is the reference to the Heroes add-on. I installed it now and the campaign is playable!
FrancoJo33

Post by FrancoJo33 »

Hi! I can´t play the campaign, after kill both enemy leaders in the first scenario, Wesnoth falls and i have to close the window and re open the game. HELP PLEASE!!
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

FrancoJo33 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 12:50 pm Hi! I can´t play the campaign, after kill both enemy leaders in the first scenario, Wesnoth falls and i have to close the window and re open the game. HELP PLEASE!!
Is there any error log?
FrancoJo33

Post by FrancoJo33 »

EarthCake wrote: August 27th, 2019, 1:01 pm
FrancoJo33 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 12:50 pm Hi! I can´t play the campaign, after kill both enemy leaders in the first scenario, Wesnoth falls and i have to close the window and re open the game. HELP PLEASE!!
Is there any error log?
"Wesnoth Game Client stopped working" the program stopped working correctly due a problem. windows will close the program and advise you if exist a solution

thats the message
Daniele96

Post by Daniele96 »

Really nice campaign BUT i just have one question: am i the only one who’s asking WHY THE FK i can’t use ’impale’ with dune greatlances ?! They are supposed to deal 75x1 strike wich is really impressive BUT I never got to use it once in the entire campaign !
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

If i remember correctly, Impale is on defense only. So if an enemy attacks your Greatlance, it will retaliate with the 75-1 strike and prbaly instantly kill the enemy, making the Greatlance perfect for defense spots.
Gling

Post by Gling »

Hi,
This campaign is real good, but I have a problem.
In root of evil, I can't keep up with Yrialdhe pace, and she always escape me. Perhaps if I could activate Au'la ability to petrify nearby unit to fight for her, I could stop Yrialdhe, but I don't know how to do it.

Finally, with the help of the falcon, I could slow down Yrialdhe, and kill her at 32nd turn ! Wow !
treesandlobsters

Post by treesandlobsters »

BTIsaac wrote: December 24th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Kwandulin wrote: January 1st, 2015, 10:11 am -> If ilriel moves to the hex “8 34”, a loyal unit will join the player’s side (Elvish bloodmaiden);
Just wanted to call in and let you know that this doesn't work for some reason. Her cage disappears, but she doesn't join me.
Aware that Kwandulin is no longer maintaining, but if anyone else has figured out, I'd be interested to know. I tried copy/pasting [modify_unit] snippets into game save files to no avail.
Mathemagician

Post by Mathemagician »

treesandlobsters wrote: September 6th, 2020, 3:12 am
Aware that Kwandulin is no longer maintaining, but if anyone else has figured out, I'd be interested to know. I tried copy/pasting [modify_unit] snippets into game save files to no avail.
If you're still interested, change {HRS_TALK 8 35 () ( to {HRS_TALK 8 35 ( in macros/tharwya-scenery.cfg. You'll have to restart the scenario from the beginning for this to take effect - use the initial save, not the turn 1 autosave.

A simpler way is just to enter debug mode and change the unit's side. That'll skip the rest of the event, but it's not super important.
Formerly NeoPhile
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

From Afar
than the → compared to the
It is adviced → It is still advised
that lives → where lives
ageing → aging
had always remained → has always remained
are not bearing → have not born

Drought
It says that Ilriel and Dawoud fight better when next to each other, but that’s not the case. (I remember it being true some long time ago, maybe it’s just a leftover from then?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Day before yesterday, I started this campaign and now I've reached "Face to Face with the Snake". But in previous scenario, when Ridwan is killed, appears lua error:

Code: Select all

<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
Mathemagician wrote:
If you're still interested, change {HRS_TALK 8 35 () ( to {HRS_TALK 8 35 ( in macros/tharwya-scenery.cfg. You'll have to restart the scenario from the beginning for this to take effect - use the initial save, not the turn 1 autosave.

A simpler way is just to enter debug mode and change the unit's side. That'll skip the rest of the event, but it's not super important.
Edit: Yes, it works...
Spoiler:
It's good not messed with WML codes, thanks dude...

Edit 2: Also happened with Ibn Ghani about same Lua error in above.

Finally, I just completed this campaign :D, I've bring my campaign stats:
Spoiler:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Kowalski88

Post by Kowalski88 »

Any chance this campaign will be available for 1.16? I just read that Dunefolk were redone and would like to replay the campaign.
Kwandulin
Art Contributor

Post by Kwandulin »

Thanks for the interest.
Unfortunately, I don't have much time for Wesnoth nowadays. Still looking into the forums regularly - I have not forgotten about Wesnoth.

Startet porting it some months ago, though. Will take more time . . . :?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Mathemagician wrote: January 14th, 2021, 4:13 pm
treesandlobsters wrote: September 6th, 2020, 3:12 am

Oh so very yes! I had to reload it a couple of times but it's working. I finally have the excuse that I needed to play Oath of Allegiance again, as soon as I get through my current campaign.

Looking through the .cfg file I also noticed that I never rescued the wose at the top of the tower so the excuse is strengthened.
Kwandulin wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:24 am Thanks for the interest.
Unfortunately, I don't have much time for Wesnoth nowadays. Still looking into the forums regularly - I have not forgotten about Wesnoth.

Startet porting it some months ago, though. Will take more time . . . :?
Life is hard but I still have to say that I appreciate your efforts. :)

One thing about the wose event in Th'arwya: why can Balariel not awaken the Wose as well as Ilriel?
Mathemagician

Post by Mathemagician »

Found one more bug: in A Whisper in the Sands, Lixandryl has no effect on Dawoud if you've changed his damage type to arcane. One potential fix is in add-ons/Heroes/macros/scenario-items.cfg. In the HRS_ITEM_LIXANDRYL macro, copy-paste the first [effect] block and change the type to arcane. That's untested, but I'm pretty sure it'll work (though with potential undesired side-effects for any other campaign using that macro). Heck, you might even be able to just say type=blade,arcane in the existing [effect], but type isn't documented for apply_to=attack, so I'm less sure about that.

Another potentially undesired effect of this is that it can also boost your falcon's claws. That fix isn't quite so simple.
Formerly NeoPhile