TSP1: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.9 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.8 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Post by doofus-01 »

I noticed that Amaranthine Stone 1.08 and Amaranthine Stone Music 1.1.2 are both about the same size, each over 80 MB. That's too big for me to want to check, but is it possible you accidentally left the music files in the campaign?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

When I created the Amaranthine Stone, I didn't know that there was a 100MB upload limit to the server. In fact, there are music files in both the campaign and the music add-on. The only reason that the add-on exists at all is because I ran up against the 100MB limit when I first tried to upload the finished campaign which originally had all of the music packaged with it. As that file was too large, I had to divide the music up into two parts and create the add-on. I get quite bored with the mainline music because it gets used so much, and plus, I just think that all of that great UMC music deserves to be heard. Of course, I did endeavor to keep the file size down better when I did my next campaign. As well, the add-on is not required for the campaign to function. I put in mainline subs in all scenarios for those who did not wish to dl the add-on.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

FaeLord wrote:When I created the Amaranthine Stone, I didn't know that there was a 100MB upload limit to the server. In fact, there are music files in both the campaign and the music add-on. The only reason that the add-on exists at all is because I ran up against the 100MB limit when I first tried to upload the finished campaign which originally had all of the music packaged with it. As that file was too large, I had to divide the music up into two parts and create the add-on. I get quite bored with the mainline music because it gets used so much, and plus, I just think that all of that great UMC music deserves to be heard. Of course, I did endeavor to keep the file size down better when I did my next campaign. As well, the add-on is not required for the campaign to function. I put in mainline subs in all scenarios for those who did not wish to dl the add-on.
I certainly like the music. Hearing the same music after hundreds of hours can get tiresome, so this certainly moves the add-on up a notch for me.

Though, looking through the files for the music add-on and the campaign, the song "through the gates" appears in both of them. That's not a big deal for me but it could bother players with smaller download limits.
Completed official campaigns: ToTB, AOI, TSG, HttT, Liberty, HoT
Completed unofficial campaigns: The Amaranthine stone, Bad moon rising part 1, Ooze mini campaign
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

I used to have another campaign called The Drums of War, which is currently not on the 1.12 server. The Amaranthine Stone music add-on was originally used for both campaigns, which is why it has Through the Gates in it. I have re-worked The Drums of War, but have not uploaded it yet. I'm not sure if I'll be distributing it with Through the Gates natively yet, but I'll look into it.
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

I've reached Fanarill forest. I like the story and there's some nice variety between the different scenarios. I liked the bit in The fanarill forest intro whith Elithiel and the mermaid. It doesn't look like it will be relevant to the scenario but it shows Elithiel's youth and her sadness for the people she's lost.

Basically, fun campaign so far with a nice story. ^_^
If you want, I can write some feedback about each scenario once I've finished the campaign.
A small bug report
- After descent into darkness, Alindra started the druid's circle. She ended descent into darkness at 6 hp. Starting druid's circle with only that many hp was pretty shocking.
- In druid's circle, I managed to level up Elithiel twice but the second time had no level up dialogue.
- I got Ciond to level 3 while doing descent into darkness so, when he got the arcane sword, it didn't benefit from the level up bonus it gets once he reaches level 3. Don't know if that gets fixed once he reaches level 4, since I haven't gotten him there yet.
- Not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended in the design but when I killed the leader unit for descent into darkness and druid's circle, I did not get any XP for killing them.
Completed unofficial campaigns: The Amaranthine stone, Bad moon rising part 1, Ooze mini campaign
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Hey Ekeron:

If you want to post a bit when you've finished the campaign, I'm all for it. Thanks for the bug reports. I already knew about the leaders not giving xp, but haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'm not sure why that happens, although I have some ideas. I already implemented a fix in my other scenario, Alariel's Journey, so I know how to do the work around.

As for the arcane sword, there's a routine that levels it up at certain points based upon Ciond's level. If you get the sword too late, you do lose out on some potential power there, but you can more or less make it up as you continue to level up. Powering up the arcane sword is an aid, especially later, but getting Ciond leveled up, with or without the sword is going to be more effective anyway.

Yes, Elithiel starts out the campaign angry, somewhat damaged and with something to prove, even if it's only to herself.

Can you let me know, please, what difficulty level are you playing on?

Thanks for your comments!
-=FL=-
ekeron

Post by ekeron »

Hey, Sorry I never sent you back the reviews. Got disstracted by school and after a couple of months didn't really feel like playing. :oops: But I recently started over the campaign and finished it so full review coming up as I find the time to write it up.
Also, I am playing on medium difficulty.
Scenario 1:
Scenario 2:
Scenario 3:
Scenario 4:
Attachments
AmrnthStn-The_Druid's_Circle_replay.gz
(42.68 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
AmrnthStn-Dark_Descent_replay.gz
(28.86 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
AmrnthStn-Fellmarch_Fens_replay.gz
(34.04 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
AmrnthStn-Wylfryd_Village_replay.gz
(26.11 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Hi ekeron:

Thanks for the feedback. There are currently some known bugs in TAS, but the wraith thing is new. The wraith sprite changed since I first released this campaign. I'll have to take a look at the code in the unit file to see what's going on. It'll be awhile before I can get the bugs sorted, unfortunately, as I'm pretty busy myself at the moment.

-=FL=-
marat

Post by marat »

ru translation
Attachments
wesnoth-Amaranthine_Stone.zip
.MO+.PO+no_trans_list for TAS 1.0.8 (BfW1.12)
(283.13 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Thank you, thank you, thank you! When I first made TAS, I promised the artist who worked with me on it that I would get it translated into Russian at some point, as she's Russian. Now it is finally a reality. I'll get the necessary adjustments made and the new version uploaded in the next two weeks. Thanks again!

-=FL=-
Lumen

Post by Lumen »

Your campaing is amazing :D good story and characters . Cut sceanes were done beautifully :) cant wait if you will relase something new ^_^
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Hi Lumen:

Thanks for the compliments. I'm always glad when people like the campaign. I have two other campaigns; The Drums of War and Alariel's Journey. Outside of that, I do have a sequel planned for TAS at some point. I'm currently developing an interactive visual novel, however, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to the sequel.

-=FL=-
FaeLord

Re: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.9 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Post by FaeLord »

Version 1.0.9 uploaded. Added Russian translation files and fixed Baal Argan's unit sprite and animations. TAS contains quite a bit of dialect based English slang, so if any Russian speaking players care to give the Russian version a run and let me know how the translation is, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
-=FL=-
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Great Campaign, i really liked the custom artwork and the high level units. Also, the final battle was really well done.Those invisible enemies really cranked up the difficulty. NIce!!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Hi Sudipta:

Thanks for posting, and I'm glad you liked the campaign. TAS is definitely my most detailed campaign as far as custom enemies are concerned.

-=FL=-