TSP1: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.9 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zx_specy_gamer

Re: TSP1: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.9 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Post by zx_specy_gamer »

I enjoyed the campaign (on hard) although the last level was harder than expected.

Couple of bugs to report.
I was playing with 1.12.6 on PC.

1) The "Karesh 'en Khar" scenario locks the scroll from the start so I had to use the mini map to move.
Seems like the UNLOCK_SCROLL isn't firing.

2) Having looked at the scenario file some griffons should turn up but they didn't.

3) I also have an icon missing for Ciond and Blink throughout the campaign.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Hi zx:

Thanks for the comment. I'm in the middle of doing the update for this campaign now so I'll look into these things. As I recall, the gryphons don't show up at all on Hard. When you say you have an icon missing, what exactly are you speaking of?

Thanks
-=FL=-
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
Can-ned_Food

Re: TSP1: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.9 - SP Campaign — repairs

Post by Can-ned_Food »

No need to reply or get to attending these any time soon. I will be editing to include more as I notice or detect them.

Code: Select all

diff Amaranthine_Stone/scenarios/02_Fellmarch_Fens.cfg
231c231
< 				{APPEND_MUSIC seige_of_luarelmor.ogg}
---
> 				{APPEND_MUSIC siege_of_laurelmor.ogg}
zx_specy_gamer

Post by zx_specy_gamer »

FaeLord wrote: April 17th, 2018, 4:36 am Hi zx:

Thanks for the comment. I'm in the middle of doing the update for this campaign now so I'll look into these things. As I recall, the gryphons don't show up at all on Hard. When you say you have an icon missing, what exactly are you speaking of?

Thanks
-=FL=-
Hi FaeLord.

What I mean by the "image not found" is when I click on the unit the background shows image not found. I've attached a screen of the image to show you. When you select another unit the "image not found" disappears.

I don't think it is a problem with your campaign because I have this does happen in other campaigns too. I was just interested in seeing if anyone else had the same problem.
Attachments
wesnoth-image-not-found.png
wesnoth-image-not-found.png (147.47 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

zx_specy_gamer wrote: May 29th, 2018, 12:45 am I don't think it is a problem with your campaign because I have this does happen in other campaigns too. I was just interested in seeing if anyone else had the same problem.
Usually the "stderr.txt" output will contain the necessary details. In this situation, exactly which image it cannot locate. That should help you narrow down the cause of the trouble. :?
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Never run across this myself. I'll see if I can duplicate. Unfortunately, I will have zero time for working on my Wesnoth projects until after the summer when the busy season at my job ends.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Hi FaeLord if you're still around. vghetto has ported this campaign to BfW 1.14 recently.

When I first played this campaign on BfW 1.12 I never had any major bugs, but right now I'm playing the ported 1.14 version and I've stumbled upon the same bug reported by zx_specy_gamer at Karesh 'en Khar where screen scrolling remains locked after the introductory cutscene.
Also, the leader of the Woses from the previous scenario has joined my recruit list, which is not supposed to happen either.

I've looked through the .cfg file (I'm not that good at reading them :oops:). From what I understand, the wose is supposed to be ‘killed’ offscreen to prevent him from reappearing (probably there's a better solution) and this is lumped together with the appearance of the Hawkwind character.
Now, there's an ifndef event there. IF difficulty is not Hard, then the Hawkwind event is triggered. I've checked my savegames from 1.12 and they are on Normal difficulty, so I tried lowering the difficulty in 1.14 to Normal and everything works as intended. So I suppose that somewhere in the bits of code that perform the triple functions of making Hawkwind appear and then removing the wose from the recall list and unlocking the screen something is not properly coded and when it was ported this remained unchanged.

[EDIT]In addition, after loading and reloading a few times at different difficulties it seems that the guards deployed around the drake king aren't necessarily the same. In some individual cases they are stronger at Normal difficulty than at Medium.
I've realised I can move the screen by clicking with the mouse wheel/middle button on the corner minimap so it remains playable. Ish. I'll see how it goes. But still the problem as such persists.[/EDIT]

I just know enough to be able to read the code and understand what's going on but not to pinpoint the problem and fix it; in any event, making clearing the recall list and unlocking the screen dependent on Hawkwind appearing doesn't look like the best way around it to start with. At least not this late at night in my timezone.

Can anybody help? I''m not sure whom to address since FaeLord hasn't posted since 2018.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Thanks Sadaharu for the bug report.
This seems to happen on the hard difficult, sorry I missed it.

To fix it move the #endif on line 734 to be above {UNLOCK_SCROLL} on line 728.

The end result would look like this:

[message]
            speaker=Elithiel
            message=_ "Let's just say that the drakes are in for a surprise."
        [/message]
#endif
        {UNLOCK_SCROLL}
        # KILL THRUMADUMAHOORALIM SO HE DOESN'T SHOW UP ON THE RECALL LIST
        [kill]
            id=Ancient_Wose
            animate=no
        [/kill]
    [/event]
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

It works perfectly now. The Wose is not on the list and scrolling is re-enabled after the cutscene. Many thanks!
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I'll have to add that if you disable music for whatever reason then when Galomir dies I get this:

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281: Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track.
stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod '__newindex'
lua/wml-tags.lua:2821: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
And the game goes on instead of defeat being triggered.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Sadaharu wrote: December 27th, 2021, 1:44 am I'll have to add that if you disable music for whatever reason then when Galomir dies I get this:

<Lua error> lua/wml-tags.lua:281: Error: Attempted to access an invalid music track.
stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod '__newindex'
lua/wml-tags.lua:2821: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>
And the game goes on instead of defeat being triggered.
What's your wesnoth version?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

BfW 1.14.5.

btw I've tried to replicate the mistake by letting Galomir or Ciond die and sometimes it triggers and sometimes it doesn't so I'm not sure what's going on.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Sadaharu wrote: December 27th, 2021, 10:43 pm BfW 1.14.5.

btw I've tried to replicate the mistake by letting Galomir or Ciond die and sometimes it triggers and sometimes it doesn't so I'm not sure what's going on.
In the last breath event, it's calling the core macro {REPLACE_SCENARIO_MUSIC} which has immediate=yes.
It's a wesnoth bug, but I'm not sure if it was already fixed in later versions of 1.14 or not.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Eeehh.

Maybe I should finally go to the trouble of installing BfW 1.16 myself instead of waiting for it to show up belatedly in a Linux repository.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

The testing continueth.

I finally managed to defeat Kai Kirin and now I am at The Dry Lands. The Orc Scorchers have no visible graphics except when in combat (their HP bar is still visible at all times, though) and the Blood Goblin Wargrider's shadow on the ground.

A comment on gameplay: a levelled-up Blink (Lv. 3 or higher) can take down an entire Drake chieftain and his entire list of recruits on his own in Karesh 'en kar:
1) move to village nearest drake enemy
2) drake leader moves to take village
3) occupy keep; Drakes have physical attacks and high vulnerability to the wisp's arcane attacks.
4) wipe up remaining drakes.

Also, in The Dry Lands Blink remains a menace that can take down first the orcs and then the goblins with only one or two units as reinforcement.

Edit: I forgot to add last night that in The Dry Lands the griffons from the previous scenario are still mentioned at all difficulties. I suppose that an [ifndif] clause for the event should work.