TSP1: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.9 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FaeLord

Re: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.6 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Post by FaeLord »

Version 1.0.6 uploaded.
Fixed bug that was causing game to crash for some Windows users.
Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll check out A New Order, To Lands Unknown, as well as The Drums of War.

Over the last couple of days, I started scratching my Wesnoth itch again by playing The Amaranthine Stone again. Yikes, I need to be careful...this is a bit too addictive!

The Amaranthine Stone a lot easier the second time through, which I guess is true on any Wesnoth campaign. I made sure to focus on quickly leveling up the main characters early. I'm on Dwyllvddn, now starting with a much bigger pile of cash and a better army than at the same level last time through.

Hey, I was surprised that Blink has no zone of control. Enemies are able to slip past Blink as if it's level 0. I don't think other skirmisher units work that way, do they? I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere in the docs as a weakness.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Blink is a custom unit. He doesn't follow any rules except for those I gave him. Blink has no zone of control because in reality he would be about the size of a soccer ball. He's too small to have zone of control, plus, he would be too powerful if he did. I might have given him zone of control at level 4. I don't remember off the top of my head. As far as addictive goes, there's a reason why my signature is: Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.

You know, I just noticed that there is no version of The Drums of War uploaded to the 1.12 server. I have created a 1.12 compliant version, but it looks like I didn't upload it. I'll get that taken care of this week. I've been wanting to make some changes to that campaign anyway.

-=FL=-
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

Since you were talking about campaigns with strong plot. Check out dragon triology by revansurik, I'm sure you would love them. Soldier of Wesnoth is also pretty good. Talking about addiction. I don't think there is any single player campaign in 10 or 12 server which I haven't played. :P
texabilly71

Post by texabilly71 »

i'm playing the latest update of this game & was totally loving it until i hit an error & the game quits on me. i'm playing on an iphone 6 w/ all the latest & greatest software.

attached below is the error message but in case you can't read it, here it is:

Error

An error due to teh possibly invalid WML occurred
The error message is :
Images doesn't fit on canvas

When reporting the bug please include the follwing error message:
Condition 'statis_cast<int>(y) >= 0' failed at /dailin/Wesnoth/battleforwesnoth/battleforwesnoth/gui/auxiliary/canvas.ccp:1097 in function 'dra'. Extra development information: Image 'portraits/wose_abomination.png'. y = -43.
IMG_0975.PNG
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

FaeLord wrote:Blink is a custom unit. He doesn't follow any rules except for those I gave him. Blink has no zone of control because in reality he would be about the size of a soccer ball. He's too small to have zone of control, plus, he would be too powerful if he did. I might have given him zone of control at level 4. I don't remember off the top of my head. As far as addictive goes, there's a reason why my signature is: Wesnoth stole my summer . . . again.

You know, I just noticed that there is no version of The Drums of War uploaded to the 1.12 server. I have created a 1.12 compliant version, but it looks like I didn't upload it. I'll get that taken care of this week. I've been wanting to make some changes to that campaign anyway.

-=FL=-
Those are good reasons for Blink not to have zone of control. I was surprised when it first happened so I went looking in the docs, but didn't see anything about it.

I'll watch for Drums of War in a week or two! Thanks!
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

sreesreearul wrote:Since you were talking about campaigns with strong plot. Check out dragon triology by revansurik, I'm sure you would love them. Soldier of Wesnoth is also pretty good. Talking about addiction. I don't think there is any single player campaign in 10 or 12 server which I haven't played. :P
Will do, thanks! It may be awhile before I get to them, but am excited to try out some new campaigns.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Hi texabilly:

I have posted the error details to the iPhone port thread. Looks like that is still under dev, so I'm not sure if there's a solution yet. I'll look in on this again as soon as I have a reply from that thread.

Thanks
-=FL=-
Last edited by FaeLord on September 9th, 2015, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

treehugger:

Yes, I've been meaning to check out the dragon trilogy, but haven't had time. I always wonder where people get the time to design some of these more elaborate campaigns. I'm about to head to Italy and Spain for awhile, so it may be some time before I get to the dragon trilogy still. After that, I'm headed back to America (at last). I'll probably have some time for playing Wesnoth then. Not sure what my Net access is going to be like while I'm traveling, so I may not be as regular on responding to posts for a bit.

-=FL=-
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.7 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi,

Minor thing, but I got some errors related to the ellipses in the Fellmarch Fens scenario. I think it's related to the alligator and mudwumps, and the elf leader.

error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-leader-leader-selected-top.png'
error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-leader-leader-selected-bottom.png'
error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-nozoc-nozoc-top.png'
error display: could not open image 'misc/ellipse-nozoc-nozoc-bottom.png'
error display: could not open image 'misc/blank_72x72.png-top.png'
error display: could not open image 'misc/blank_72x72.png-bottom.png'
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Odd. That is definitely new. I'll look into it. Did you happen to notice if the ellipses were displaying?

Thanks
-=FL=-
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

They don't display. The game appends things to the filename automatically, like "-top.png" (to all) or "nozoc" (to units without zoc), or "leader" (to side leaders). If you specify 'misc/ellipse-nozoc' for some unit without a ZOC, Wesnoth sticks a '-nozoc-top.png' to the end and looks for 'misc/ellipse-nozoc-nozoc-top.png', which doesn't exist.

Probably just best not to define an ellipse in the unit file.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
FaeLord

Post by FaeLord »

Blargy! I did not know that. That means I'll have quite a few unit files to go through in all my campaigns. Thanks for the info.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi FaeLord,

You didn't put your binary path declaration inside the "#ifdef CAMPAIGN_...", so it gets used even when the add-on is not in use. This means it can replace intended images in other add-ons with one of your files with the same name.
FaeLord

Re: The Amaranthine Stone 1.0.8 - SP Campaign For 1.12.2

Post by FaeLord »

Corrected.