Rise of the Orcs + Adversary of Andiun Thread

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dipseydoodle

Rise of the Orcs + Adversary of Andiun Thread

Post by dipseydoodle »

:annoyed: Well, I have managed to over-write my campaign file for the campaign yet a third time. I also managed to wipe my whole hardrive while attempting to do a partition :lol: I figure it'd be a good idea to have this here so I can get critique and secure my files incase of an wipe-out again.

Code: Select all

Scenario Layout

*= complete
!= working on completeing/re-writing.

I plan on updating this as I go along.

-1 Assassins In the Desert of Death *
-2 The Battle of Verick City *
-3 Lord Verick
-4 Test of the Tribes
-5 Colonel Panic
-6 The Aragwaith Task Force
-7 The Troll Tribe
-8 Test of the Tribes II
-9 Vengeance
-10 Final Battle
-11 Flight from the Great Continent
-12 A Familar Darkness
Background for AitDD:
Background for TBoVC:

Background of Rise of the Orcs:

Rise of the Orcs is the first in a series of two very short, uniquely challenging prequels for the Apocalypse Era Campaign. It details the execution of the last Chaos remnants and the creation of a "False Orcish Empire" set up by the corrupt Aragwaith Council, and lead by the Human-raised Lord Verick.

Lord Verick, as a young orc was rescued by a compasionate Aragwaith witness as the Task Force layed wreckage to his village, killing everybody but him. When he became of age, he left Aragwaith Country and set him self up as a power orcish General, and lead a force of spies to keep record of the "Weapons of Uria" which the Aragwaith had secrelty captured after the Chaos' collapse. However, a latter battle would prove him unworthy to the Orcish race. Knowing the only way he could maintain his powers, he bargained with the Aragwaith Council who set up his own empire.

Now Pugru'Alall, cheiftain and great assassin of his tribe must take on Lord Ve Landes Landesrick, and defeate the Aragwaith before they unleash the "Weapons of Uria" upon the desolate Northernlands. But first he will need title of sovereign, and obedience of every Orcish tribe. But beware Pugru'Alall, for the Aragwaith Task Force waits to take your life.

Changes in geography of RotO

-Northernlands have grown back and both the Orcish Tribes in the west, and the Aragwaith Empire in the east are thriving.
-The Desert of Death is now the Border between the two groups. It is used as a passage for both Diplomats, and merchants alike to pass into the other land.
-Settelers are banned from entering the Weslunde (lands south of the Heart Mountains, including Wesnoth, Wesmere, Aethenwood etc,,,) by order of Great Lord of the Aragwaith Halvid, this continues through the reign of Halvod, who is seen in RotO. And so it is uninhabited. The reasoning for this is known only to the Aragwaith Council.
-City of Verick (to be marked simply: Verick, on maps) is the Capital of Lord Vericks' false empire. The city has an advanced millitary which is more expertly trained then the surrounding tribes.
Ok feel free to critique as I release more scenarios, The current one is being rewritten.
dipseydoodle

Re: Rise of the Orcs + Adversary of Andiun Thread

Post by dipseydoodle »

UPDATE: New DoD scenario. One custome unit, one custom movetype.

Question: I lost my old server.pbl file for RotO. Can somebody delete the old add-on on the server please?
Attachments
Rise_of_the_Orcs.zip
(21.84 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
dipseydoodle

Re: Rise of the Orcs + Adversary of Andiun Thread

Post by dipseydoodle »

Scenario II added. Tell me what you think. Also, if possible, what do you think will make scenario 1 more challenging. I can't seem to figure it out.
Attachments
Rise_of_the_Orcs.zip
(21.84 KiB) Downloaded 176 times