Campaign: A Few More Logs

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Campaign: A Few More Logs

Post by Turuk »

A Few More Logs is a campaign written by Cope as the sequel to A Few Logs:

"A group of dwarves explore a cave in search of adventure, and end up with more than they bargained for in their search. It deals with the son of Torgrimfur and his attempt to prove himself."

I will be maintaining this campaign as well in order to keep consistency. It is currently on 1.10 only, and has not undergone any of the revision process that A Few Logs has done. I have created a new topic for it to separate out feedback provided by a few people who have played through it so far, and had ideas towards improvements. I will be working towards providing an updated version to both 1.10 and 1.11 within the next week.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
perseo

Re: Campaign: A Few More Logs

Post by perseo »

Just finished it. Not bad. Shorter than the previous one, little trickier sometimes, it can be improved in my opinion. For example, making the lava predictable, I mean, a unit which steps onto a square that is going to be filled with lava could say something like "Ouch! This rock is burning pal!" It saves you some reloads actually, coz sometimes the lava does strange turns.
I also would have enjoyed a more epic death of the first brother (I'm not good with dwarvish names), allowing him to recruit and attacking him with an overwhelming force, making him resist some turns at least (in order to make it a more interesting scenario). I'm thinking that pehaps the runesmith needs 5 turns to send the message, positioning himself over a rune in the ground or something, and you have to defend him... something like that.
I may have a try if you don't mind, cope, and show you the result.
And finally, in he first scenario I only faced 2 wolfs and 1 rat... quite disappointing you know.
See ya!
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Campaign: A Few More Logs

Post by Turuk »

Turuk wrote:I will be working towards providing an updated version to both 1.10 and 1.11 within the next week.
To those who have downloaded this so far from 1.10 (all 59 of you that may or may not read the forums), perseo has been kind enough to volunteer to help update the balance/mechanics of the campaign and a new version will be available by the end of the week.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time