Dawn of Thunder [SP campaign for 1.16.x]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sreesreearul

Re: The Rising [SP campaign for 1.11.10 and later]

Post by sreesreearul »

I played the 9th scenario. Seems like you forgot to upload the correccct version. For starters it has just 11 turns in easy (just as in scenario before, u forgot to edit it seems) :P . And the victory condition after the secret path is opened is "kill all the enemies". It is nein possible in 11 turns ot get till the bridge towards trolls let alone defeat them. I thot icreasing the number of turns may help. I changed the number of turns to 33 and played just mangaed to kill both the trolls. But nothing happened, I mean still I lost at the end of turns :x :shock: .
Even the dialog which naia is supposed to say when any unit reach a dead end (1,17 i guess) was not triggered.
Shyde or Sylph enhancing their abilities using the scroll worked fine.
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Yes you are right. Memo to myself: never upload your add-on at 2:30 in the morning.
0.1.2.4a is up
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Hi Paulomat, nice campaign you've made, when will you add more scenarios? I'm most eager to continue playing :D
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey,
thanks for the compliment.
when will you add more scenarios?
As soon as I get my lazy ass to create some. :D I still have another week of vacation, so I'm expecting one or two scenarios until next weekend. But I promise nothing... :whistle:

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Paulomat4 wrote:Yes, that would be great. I tried once to get them, but didn't get them to work.
Sorry for the delay.
Now there is a GUI available for these tools: it's the GUI.pyw file in data/tools. Since you're on Windows XP, after that you have installed Python 2.7, just double click on it and you'll see this window:
Screenshot GUI.png
Please tell me if this helps, or there is any problem, or if you see any possible improvement in this topic.
That said, I run wmllint and wmlscope (the firts with the Dry run option, and the second with the Unresolved option), and this is their output:
The_Rising.zip
(6.19 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Since their output may be quite cryptic, please let me know if you need any clarification. :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

thanks for that. I'm currently working through the output. :D

As for the next scenario, I'm having problems with the wml, so you all 800 downloaders will have to wait a bit. But to celebrate my 400th post on the forum, my new avatar is a little spoiler to the next scenario ;)

GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Just here to report a small bug: Naia have a man voice
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Thanks for telling me that, will be fixed in the next update.

I love such small bug reports, if you have more of it tell me :D

Raijer

Post by Raijer »

I just finished it on 1.12.2. It worked quite well, though there are some small errors: when you look at the Fallen Sprite description, in "special notes", it shows "(SPECIAL_NOTES_DRAIN)(SPECIAL_NOTES_STRENGHT_OF_DARKNESS)", instead of describing those abilities. Also, "strength", not "strenght".

Because I'm playing it on easy, I killed the orc leader in "Grand Meeting", without much difficulty (actually, I used him to level some units up, as he recruits a ton), and that's not supposed to happen. Might need to put his keep slightly farther from the hero, so that he can defend himself better.

In the last scenario, there are no dialogs of death for anyone. Seems to be like this bug that sreesreearul encountered:
sreesreearul wrote:Even the dialog which naia is supposed to say when any unit reach a dead end (1,17 i guess) was not triggered.

And finally... I FREAKIN NEED MORE!!! No, seriously, this campaign starts particularly well, and I think it deserves to be completed. Hope, you can continue developping it soon.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey,
Thanks for the kind feedback!
Expect these bugs to be fixed in the next version. :)
I din't have much time for developing my own content because of school, but I definitely didn't abandon this campaign! I just hope I'll find some time for it soon.

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

I just published version 0.1.3 on the 1.12.x add-on server!
Great news, I finally got to complete scenario #10!
Also, as always, I've reworked most of the previous scenarios.
Special thx for this version got to rajier who helped me balance scenario 8 for easy difficulty.
I fear though that normal and hard might have become too hard, so feedback about that (and every other scenario) would be greatly appreciated!

Changelog:

Code: Select all

-(minor)text revisions in nearly all scenarios
-Scenario 2: Harendoion now appears as mounted variation of a soulless and has portrait
-An easteregg to be found (don't cheat and look in the code!)
-fixed the desccription of fallen faeries and dark woses
-added the death speeches for heroes to scenario 9
-small changes to scenario 3's ending
-checked all units abilities and special notes and corrected them if necessary
-scenario 8 was rebalanced for easy, changes were made to the big bad orc and his push event (it finally works as intended and the animation sequence is better)
-scenario intros were made into one line again (still not completely satisfied, open to ideas)
-autumn faerie and natures avatar get a different ability in scenario 9
-scenario 10 added
As always, if you have suggestions, ideas or feedback I would love to hear it;
Have fun playing!

Raijer

Re: The Rising 0.1.3 [SP campaign for 1.11.10 and later]

Post by Raijer »

Replaying it fully to try to find the easter egg. So I'm doing on medium difficulty, and in "Enemies of Old" (third scenario), my files get corrupted after I kill M'Brin. Pretty annoying, since I'm trying to get more high level units than on my first run (and I have to reload from time to time...).
Also, after you correct that bug, is there any way to get corrupted files back ?

EDIT: small tests after this, it's definitely M'Brin's death that makes it, I tried saving manually right after, and it gives out a corrupted file too. Also, even if I finish it, all files after are corrupted, even "start of the scenario" ones.

EDIT 2: While I don't understand much how WML works, running a differential between the precedent version and this one sent me back that the only change you made that seemed important (not dialog changes) was this:

[clear_variable]
            name=M'Brin_living
			value=0
        [/clear_variable]
which you changed to this:

[set_variable]
            name=M'Brin_killed
			value=yes
        [/set_variable]
Those lines are placed in M'Brin's last breath event.

EDIT 3: Yay it works \o/
Dunno if this has any influence on the rest of the campaign, but changing those 3 lines fixed the problem. Hope I haven't broken something else...

William Ernest Henley
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

First of all, sry for answering this late I was travelling the last few days, without access to a computer. :)
EDIT 3: Yay it works \o/
Dunno if this has any influence on the rest of the campaign, but changing those 3 lines fixed the problem. Hope I haven't broken something else...
You are indeed right. Variable names shouldn't contain " ' " signs. Changing those 4 lines doesn't actually change much for now, you'll only get a different dialogue in scenario 10.

I uploaded version 0.1.3a to the server which fixes this issue. If you don't want to redownload everything again, rajiers fix works as well.

Raijer

Post by Raijer »

First of all, sry for answering this late I was travelling the last few days, without access to a computer.
No problem, I just reached scenario 10. And I probably broke something, or it doesn't work properly:
The dwarves arrive, then the undeads show up, and the next turn, I don't know why, there's a troll in my team, somewhere I never went.

William Ernest Henley
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

The Rising 0.1.3a (Wesnoth v. 1.12.0 medium difficulty)

Hey, this is the beginning of a really excellent campaign. I love the cool new elvish units and the unique heroes.
I played the first 9 scenarios (as the above poster mentioned, scenario 10 doesn't work).

Some small errors in the dialogue:
Spoiler:
There are several scenarios where the objectives state there is an early finish bonus, but the bonus is not given. They are: 3 Enemies of old, 5 Lake Aelin, 7 Deep Forest, and 8 Grand Meeting.
Scenario 9 states that there is an early finish (but there is no turn limit) and a 40% carryover, but the actual carryover is 80%.

Comments on individual scenarios:
Spoiler:
Great work on this campaign so far! I'm looking forward to the rest of it.