The Blind Sentinel - [Feedback and development topic]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

johnhl

Re: The Blind Sentinel [Feedback and development topic]

Post by johnhl »

I tried 1.1.8 but the save problem still exists :(
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Sorry for being late, but with the scoolfinals, I cannot get time for Wesnoth, it has to wait until summer.
I have no idea at the moment for the autosave issue :hmm: In fact, I don't really know why would a saved game say that the file is corrupted. Can you load the previous map's last turn's autosave? if yes, then you don't have to start it again, just load it, finish off your enemy in a few clicks, and then you are on the Sword of Justice map's beginning, and it should work then.

WhiteWolf
Main UMC campaigns: The Ravagers - now for 1.16, with new bugs!
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
johnhl

Post by johnhl »

I can load any save or autosave fron any other map except this one. I tried what you've told me, but unfortunately didn't fix the problem. I wish you great results with your school exams.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

Hi,

I seriously don't know. I tried everything, even made it for a few turns on that map, saved it, but I can load it without any interference. I can only guess that for you it says it's "corrupted" because you fixed the earlier bug manually, but downloading the new version should have overwritten that... :hmm:
What do you mean didn't solve it? You couldn't load the 28th map after finishing the 27th, or you still couldn't save/and load on the 28th?

I'll upload version 1.1.9 sooner or later now, I really hope that solves it, but I don't think so...did nothing regarding this, so... :hmm:

In the meantime, The Stone of the North is now in progress on schedule, 3 maps and the storyplan are ready :D

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
Old UMC works: The Underness Series, consisting of 5 parts: The Desolation of Karlag, The Blind Sentinel, The Stone of the North, The Invasion Of The Western Cavalry, Fingerbone of Destiny
ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 »

i cant find the second key in the blind sentinel, ive searched all over and killed everyone in the prison including the yeti
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out which key you mean :hmm: I played all over that map, and everything works fine...
There is one gate that expects a key (tiles 9,21), that key is held by a soldier at 8,15. If you kill him, you receive a message from your soldier who killed him:"I found a key in his tunic...it has a big A on it...what can it mean? Which room is it for?"
After killing this soldier, you can open the the gate at 9,21. (And also the Armoury to get better weapons).

If you mean the one before it, on tiles 11,15; you have to first free Gildred, if that condition is met, you can open that gate.

I hope I could help you out, if not please write excatly which gate or key you meant.
WhiteWolf
ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 »

i have freed gildred and the gate at 11,15 still will not open. is he supposed to disappear after the conversation when you find him? I have cleared out the whole section infront of the gate of the prison that you start in.
regnak

Post by regnak »

I just started playing this and am enjoying it. One question though is mission 2 the only chance I will have to recruit mages? If so I need to replay it.
WhiteWolf
Forum Moderator

Post by WhiteWolf »

ballislife15: Are you sure you have the newest version of TBS ( 1.1.8 )? This is an older bug you are talking about, and it has been fixed, of course Gildred is not supposed to disappear after the conversation. He used to, but this is fixed. I'm sorry, I must ask: did you use cheats, or did you jump through any maps? That may have caused fuss with the variables of the game, and may have caused that Gildred dissappears for you. My guess is that you jumped through map13 (The Gates of Barag Gor), with :n, this way, Gildred was not stored into his variable, and he is not resurrected in the prison. I played through this part of the game just to make sure, and it works fine. If my guess is correct, then go back to map13, and play it through, if you can't but wish to continue, just move Vormund to his supposed position to the gates, but never use :n ;) It should do the trick. If it still doesn't, please tell.

Important! This is true for the whole campaign, and for other campaigns as well! Never use :n to jump through maps even if you can't make it, because it disturbs the variables. Usually, the developers take measures to avoid these, and make the :n work without interruption, but it's not always possible. If you want to jump through a map, then use the cheats so as to complete the given tasks, but never use :n.

regnak: Thanks for playing, glad you enjoy it :) Yes, that is the only map where mages are available. Originally, there were no mages, but I received many complaints that the 2nd map was impossible (was not, but I agree it was hard :D ), so in the easiest difficulty, you are allowed to recruit mages against the skeletons, but only on that map.

Best regards,
WhiteWolf
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok thanks, I went back to my last save on map 2 and spent another 100 gp on magi.(my leader was in the enemy keep anyway) I dislike playing without getting at least 3 healers.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok still enjoying the campaign but another quick question
Spoiler:
regnak

Post by regnak »

Up to the sack of Prestum
Spoiler:
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok I completed the campaign and really enjoyed it. However I did have the problem with corrupted saves on the last map as mentioned previously. You have to do that scenario without saving.
ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 »

I played all the way through every scenario, I dont know how to do any cheats that your talking abt and it says that its up to date. is gildred supposed to be in your party after the desert of death scenario? because he dissapears from my game after that but his name still appears in red under the objectives of defeat.
ballislife15

Post by ballislife15 »

I played through every scenario and have no idea why Gildred disappears after i talk to him once he is freed from his cell.