Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Major_Swampy

Re: Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Post by Major_Swampy »

Oh no, profyverya is gone for a while. Where is he now? I hope he can return to this topic. Last active is 5 july, his last reply is only RPG campaign topic. Please come back, maintainer...
:cry:
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
EarthCake

Post by EarthCake »

DukeSwampy wrote: July 16th, 2019, 2:20 pm Oh no, profyverya is gone for a while. Where is he now? I hope he can return to this topic. Last active is 5 july, his last reply is only RPG campaign topic. Please come back, maintainer...
:cry:
He is busy now and didn't have enough time for the development, as he said in topic The World of Death.
Unfortunately. I didn't have enough time for development.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

EarthCake wrote: July 16th, 2019, 2:51 pm He is busy now and didn't have enough time for the development, as he said in topic The World of Death.
Alright, then. I've just started this campaign but with version 3.0.1 on wesnoth 1.12.6.
Spoiler:
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

white_haired_uncle wrote: June 27th, 2019, 4:38 pm S17: Sendra says, "Sendra has been killed" at the end.
Yes, I think you're right...
Weird and Unbalanced Screenshot.png
Edit typos: (Above dialogue image) > No, I've fallen. Elves, you must retreat without me!
Regards, Swampy.

Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Wonderful, just completing this campaign version 3.0.1, as for my feedback.

And here's my statitics:
Spoiler:
revansurik wrote: November 5th, 2013, 12:33 am ...Besides, her being a fire mage may be useful to me when I start writing a planned part III of my Dragon Trilogy. Something that involves Valerya (if you remember Soldier of Wesnoth's ending, you know who she is :wink: )
I haven't met with Valerya's character in this campaign. Well, she is Addraryn's and Elyniver's daughter. She's only in campaign Part III of the Dragon Trilogy.

And thus, this is the end of Addraryn's struggle.
Spoiler:
I will thanks for this wesnothian campaign, and I will not forget about a Great Soldier and Death-Bringer's leader named Addraryn.
Last edited by Major_Swampy on August 17th, 2019, 3:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regards, Swampy.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

DukeSwampy wrote: August 16th, 2019, 5:12 pm
...Besides, her being a fire mage may be useful to me when I start writing a planned part III of my Dragon Trilogy. Something that involves Valerya (if you remember Soldier of Wesnoth's ending, you know who she is :wink: )
Impossible, I haven't met with Valerya's character in this campaign. Well, she is Addraryn's and Elyniver's daughter. She's only in campaign AotDS.
To quote the description of AotDS:
Part III of the Dragon Trilogy
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Konrad2 wrote: August 16th, 2019, 5:42 pm To quote the description of AotDS:
Part III of the Dragon Trilogy
I am sorry for my english words.

Have you completed this campaign too as the latest version?
Regards, Swampy.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I have not, I only got a bit further than the scenario with Valerya. And that was a few years ago.

My point is, AotDS is Part III of the Dragon Trilogy. So your 'impossible' has been refuted.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Konrad2 wrote: August 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm I have not, I only got a bit further than the scenario with Valerya. And that was a few years ago.

My point is, AotDS is Part III of the Dragon Trilogy. So your 'impossible' has been refuted.
Oh, I being understand, and I've already edited my above comment. Thanks for warning me about this.
Regards, Swampy.

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It would be nice if Addraryn's weapons were called 'oreyand sword' and 'shadow dagger' instead of them being in uppercase. Every weapon is lowercase.

Reana (Shepherd/Herder/Tamer) has the ability 'Protection' multiple times. (2 at lvl 1, 3 at lvl 2, 4 at lvl 3)

The City of Dwarven Doors
One of the statues is the old sylph sprite. (Map: Hogwarth_Hall)

EDIT:
I'm was just comparing the map of 'Howling Heights' with HttT's 'Gryphon Mountain' and I have to say that you did an awesome job with changing the map while keeping it the same, the expanding of some borders went very well as well. Good job. :D

EDIT 2:
The Wolf of Lake Vrug
The scenario objectives do not update after completing first scenario objective.

Legends of the Old Days
Gorlac demands upkeep.

EDIT 3:
In the previous scenario Gorlac was a 'Frontier Protector', but after joining me he is a 'Fugitive'.

EDIT 4:
Descent into Darkness
If you kill the enemy leader with the wrong weapon, a dialog happens. Which is nice. But it's not nice that it happens every time you kill him with the wrong weapon. Once should be enough.

EDIT 5:
Sadly, despite this being supposed to be Elensefar, this is actually a different place. This place is further south, the place where Haldric defeated the Lich-Lord Jevyan and his orcish hordes (you know that but I guess you mixed up the locations). :/
63752385-6f162680-c8b1-11e9-975b-764d5aa6c484.png
63752312-5574df00-c8b1-11e9-8dab-db07d37cd7e1.png
EDIT 6:
Eäreldor
I recommend using the 'inspire' ability from mainline (THoT, Dwarvish Annalist).
And he demands upkeep from Malene Eldric.

EDIT 7:
Motherland
If you reach Mun'sar or Beraz before the Desertpeople attack the Peasants in Riveside, then said Peasants will be dismissed together with the units in either village. (And that shouldn't happen.)

Dust Efreeti are unable to gain xp.

Eäreldor lacks a silver crown.

The Lion and the Dragon
Why call it that when Addraryn is the 'Wyvern'?

Arslans unit file has to be edited to use the 'Warmaster' description, race, animations. Right now it still refers to the Khalifate Khalid, so the animation does not fit.

Those two are really helpless... -> hopeless

Meranioc lost her teamcircle.

Code: Select all

[move_unit_fake]
            type=Galleon
            side=2
            x=1,20
            y=28,23
        [/move_unit_fake]

{PLACE_IMAGE ("units/transport/galleon.png~RC(magenta>red)") 20 23}

[move_unit_fake]
            type=Galleon
            side=2
            x=2,21
            y=29,24
        [/move_unit_fake]

{PLACE_IMAGE ("units/transport/galleon.png~RC(magenta>red)") 19 25}
->

Code: Select all

[move_unit_fake]
            type=Galleon
            side=2
            x=2,20
            y=29,23
        [/move_unit_fake]

{PLACE_IMAGE ("units/transport/galleon.png~RC(magenta>red)") 20 23}

[move_unit_fake]
            type=Galleon
            side=2
            x=1,19
            y=28,25
        [/move_unit_fake]

{PLACE_IMAGE ("units/transport/galleon.png~RC(magenta>red)") 19 25}
EDIT 7:
Gorlac should be recruiting honest Northern Alliance folk, not Outlaws.

EDIT 8:
This campaign always awards a silver laurel upon completion, no matter the difficulty.
#3983 for how to fix it.
commandeur

Post by commandeur »

I just wanted to say thank you to revansurik and anybody else putting in work to maintain this campaign.

The story is engaging with some fun twists. There is enough variety to not feel tedious. Thank you for your efforts.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Wow, it's finally been ported to BfW 1.14! Thank you, Profyver!
PolipopCameo

Post by PolipopCameo »

hi, i just got back on bfW some days ago and i'm really enjoying this campaign but i'm having one problem, on S12 (the desert map) i can't find the place where to send the Wose to open the gates, can anyone help me?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Did you move your units into the city and scout north?
The relevant hex is
Spoiler:
Velve

Post by Velve »

:doh: Hi.
Question about completing the campaign. Passed the Law and Darkness mission. Everything ended well. Necromancer gorged, harsh man megya praised. I watched the video of traveling on the map and read the text. a tracking mission is being loaded... and there is no one else there except the main character. He says a phrase like "Yes, it will be a long battle..." and the script begins. At the top there is an inscription-see the screenshot.

version 4.0.1 android. Russian.

what I did: reinstalled the addon. passed "Law and Darkness". not help. Tell me what to do. I really want to go through the entire campaign.

PS. sorry for my English.
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-09-14-17-20-49-091_it.alessandropira.wesnoth114.jpg
With respect, Boris