Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tribes55

Re: Soldier of Wesnoth: SP Campaign (Feedback and Reviews)

Post by tribes55 »

revansurik wrote:That's a weird bug... Which version of Wesnoth are you playing, and which scenario got this error?
The Lion and the Dragon

Edit:
Just finished the scenario. One of the best campaign's I've played in awhile. Cheers!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

I'm glad that you enjoyed it! ^_^
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

May be the best single episode campaign I played (I've played almost all (may be all) playable campaigns for BW 1.10 (strtd 1.11 only now). Very intriguing and rich story, and quite unpredictable to good extent.
Spoiler:
Ps: Suprises were nasty(?), especially for somebody like who don't like to see even a single veteran get killed.
Last edited by sreesreearul on March 16th, 2014, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

I'm really glad that you enjoyed the campaign, but could you please put your comment in a spoiler tag? :whistle: ;)
Spoiler:

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

I'm actually playing it, and I find very nice so far although I'm not too far (3rd scenario).

However, here are some suggestion although I'm not too far:
Spoiler:
More feedback to come, that campaign looks great :)
Attachments
Undead leader killed by outlaw.png
Undead leader killed by outlaw.png (292.6 KiB) Viewed 5838 times
Outlaw leader killed by undead.png
Armies path
Armies path
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Spoiler:

;-)
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

So far, I really enjoy the campaign :)!
Spoiler:
You did a really nice job here, I so much wish to finish it :)!!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

You did a really nice job here, I so much wish to finish it :)!!
And I'm looking forward to knowing more opinions on this campaign ;-)

;-)
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

So I gave the campaign a few more tweaks, and the result is version 1.1.2 :-D

Code: Select all

Version 1.1.2
- Scenarios:
  - Road Rumble: Outlaws now focus on attacking both player and Vennyn instead of just the player
  - Howling Heights: Added a bonus for those who manage to defeat the entire Triad in Soul of the Kingdom, Part II
  - Shadows in the Forest: Corrected wrong [goal] definitions
  - Soldier of Wesnoth: Enemy squad is now side 2
  - The Beast of the Aethenwood: Now only Knights and Paladins leave with Liryn; Grand Knights remain with player
  - Reduced a little the starting amount of gold in Crossed Destinies and Motherland.
  - In the Name of Justice: some changes to dialogues.

;-)
Elendil

Post by Elendil »

One more feedback before I forget it.

Scenario The Beast of Aethenwood:
- Some problem with the units saying the dialogues in the scenario. Often, enemies will act/speak as they're in Addraryn's team. It gets to the point where even Sendra says "Sendra has been killed." (when it is triggered) as she is/was the last elves' unit on the map. Addraryn is even asking himself a question then answering it (where it should be another unit speaking, then Addraryn answering)

And in another prologue' scenario, there is a typo where it's written Addroran instead of Addraryn ("they declare that, before Addroran, they followed Moran, …"). Unfortunately, I can't recall which scenario it is. I'll try to find it again later, but just wanted to let you know as you might found it without knowing the scenario.
Attachments
Addraryn asking himself a question
Addraryn asking himself a question
Sendra speaking about her own death
Sendra speaking about her own death
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

These are caused by the way I used the [role] tag, it was so minor that I ended up forgetting about them... but 'Addroran' is used rightly there, as the soldiers are saying that their loyalty lies with Moran rather than with King Addroran ;-)
even Sendra says "Sendra has been killed."
:lol: That was funny :lol:

;-)
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Hi,

I'm just playing the campaign and got stuck at "Return to Kerlath" due to a bug. The problem is, Moran doesn't appear. I'm playing BoW 1.11.11 on Debian Linux. I add the save file.
Attachments
SoW-Return_to_Kerlath-Autospeichern1.gz
(82.88 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Hi,

I'm just playing the campaign and got stuck at "Return to Kerlath" due to a bug. The problem is, Moran doesn't appear. I'm playing BoW 1.11.11 on Debian Linux. I add the save file.
Hello, sorry for the delay in answering, I got really b usy these days.
I see that not only Moran, but Liryn too is absent. It must be something related to storing units, since both Moran and Liryn are included in that scenario in this way. I promise I'll see how can I correct it, but you'll have to wait until Saturday, 'cause I'll be quite busy today and tomorrow ;)

;-)
RainerT

Post by RainerT »

Hi,

Thanks for the replay and I'm not in a hurry. ;)

Could you upload your modules to the 1.12 addon server? The 1.12beta versions of BoW take the addons from there. I installed this one manually.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

hi, i can explain what happened.
in the previous scenario in "Soldier of Wesnoth" Moran appears after you had beaten the Captain who was testing you, they talk a bit and then moran disappears. that is NOT intended as i know from when i played the campaign last time
instead the end of the conversation should have triggered a change of your unit typ and a mock battle (you and some tropps vs Moran and some troops) should have taken place

because Moran disappeared to early and Lyrn never appeared, of course they cant be part a the next scenarii

(if this fix has already been uploaded then im sorry, but i cant connect to downloadserver atm to check it)
Spoiler: