A Scenario with robots

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: A Scenario with robots

Post by doofus-01 »

gfgtdf wrote:The antanna looks much like a spear to me. Maybe you can change the look at the upper end to make it looks less like the spear ?
Well, they are both mostly just shafts. Maybe one of these works.
Attachments
antennas.png
antennas.png (1.57 KiB) Viewed 8718 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I like the new antennas.

When I was play-testing the big bow got under the golden healer pack. It looks much better on top of it.

Are you considering defensive modules to the right side?

You could add some lamps doing an iluminate. Trolls would be angry;)

@doofus: please look at the small module pictures for the configurator. There is much to gain for this with cool graphics.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

doofus-01 wrote:
gfgtdf wrote:The antanna looks much like a spear to me. Maybe you can change the look at the upper end to make it looks less like the spear ?
Well, they are both mostly just shafts. Maybe one of these works.
Ty for those image i'll put an image ofr teh antenna in teh next version

Wussel wrote:I like the new antennas.

When I was play-testing the big bow got under the golden healer pack. It looks much better on top of it.
Y, i feared somethign like that would happen. The current code does not control in which order the images get drawn, so they currently get drawn in some undefined order (something ordered by teh hash of the items id string most likeley) will try to fix that in next version
Wussel wrote: Are you considering defensive modules to the right side?
I see no reasons against putting them to the right side.
Wussel wrote: You could add some lamps doing an iluminate. Trolls would be angry;)
Yes should be easy to implement, but maybe i'll just put in the singelplayer version.

What i am currently unsure about are the prices of the components and robots, i think that for mp they are still too high. For example i tried to play some of the umc survival mp maps together with era with robots and (at lest for me) it was impossible to beat with the default start gold/imcome. Same for a testing 1vs1 game. Has anyone an opinion on how robots/components shoudl be priced?
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Uploaded version 1.1.7
Changes:
  • rthere are now +res sire/cold addons that can be placed on teh rogher side
  • antannas now show in the robot image but only in 1.13.1 and later because it uses new 1.13.1 image path functions which increase teh size of the base image.
  • Components are again cheaper in mp.
  • Fixes edit robot dialog in wesnoth 1.13.1
  • Fixes big bow got under the golden healer pack
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
LordVandor

Post by LordVandor »

Excuse me, this mod is awesome, and I played it for hours straight to master it :)
But,does it give more traits to the game? Because I realized that after downloading this,any unit in any era now gets other traits,such as "muscular" or "pierce proof",and I don't know why it happens. Is it this add-on? :(
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Sry i didnt saw you post earlier, but no, this addons doesn't add any new traits, maybe its another addon you downloaded?. (also, how could my robots be 'muscular' ? )
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Just ported this addon to 1.14. It was not easy, not becasue things would not have worked in 1.14 but rather becasue a lot of stuff that needed hacky workarounds in 1.12 can be done in a much cleaner way in 1.14 so its nice to see directly how the wesnoth api has improved.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

Hi,

I got this error while going through the pages of the book.

Code: Select all

20191229 21:50:11 error scripting/lua: ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:71: page_number > #pages
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '.error'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:71: in field 'set_page'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:63: in function <~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:62>
        [C]: in field 'show_dialog'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:59: in field 'show_dialog'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/sp_campaign.lua:47: in field 'h'
        lua/on_event.lua:15: in function <lua/on_event.lua:8>
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

vghetto wrote: December 29th, 2019, 9:56 pm Hi,

I got this error while going through the pages of the book.

Code: Select all

20191229 21:50:11 error scripting/lua: ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:71: page_number > #pages
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function '.error'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:71: in field 'set_page'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:63: in function <~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:62>
        [C]: in field 'show_dialog'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/gui_test.lua:59: in field 'show_dialog'
        ~add-ons/Scenario_with_robots/lua/sp_campaign.lua:47: in field 'h'
        lua/on_event.lua:15: in function <lua/on_event.lua:8>
can you tell me which wesnoth version you are using?

EDIT: okay nevermind i was able to reproduce, might take a while to upload a fix since i don't think i remember the password.

EDIT2: this bug shouldn't have any negative consequences for you though so you can just continue playing, thank for reporting it though i'll push a fix once i found that password.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

found the password an uploaded version 1.2.1 to fix this issue
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

gfgtdf wrote: January 1st, 2020, 3:01 pm found the password an uploaded version 1.2.1 to fix this issue
Thank you for the fix.
I don't think the [multiplayer] stuff at the end of _main.cfg was supposed to be included too. line 43.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

vghetto wrote: January 1st, 2020, 4:54 pm
gfgtdf wrote: January 1st, 2020, 3:01 pm found the password an uploaded version 1.2.1 to fix this issue
Thank you for the fix.
I don't think the [multiplayer] stuff at the end of _main.cfg was supposed to be included too. line 43.
Oh yes I guess that what I get for not using git before uploading. Fixed it thx
Trampod

Post by Trampod »

Hi
any plans to put it in to the newest version of wesnoth?
it seems to have dissapeared after that big update
It was great fun to play, so I'm wondering if I should wait or simply install older version next to my steam one to access it
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Hi, i just uploaded this to the 1.17 (dev version) of wesnoth, i'll probably upload it to the 1.16 too after some testing.

Except from (actually quite a lot) code cleanups nothing has changed much so far.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Found a bug while trying to goto page in the book.
Screenshot:

Unfortunately I could not continue as it no longer responded to right clicks or hotkeys. The scenario I mean. I could still access the menu and exit but that was about all.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231217_213121.png