A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Krolan

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by Krolan »

Argh, you cliff-hangered me >.< Just finished the current version of Aria of the Dragon Slayer.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Series of Campaigns btw. You hooked me so bad with Song of Fire and now I'm lost waiting for the coclusion

I'll wait now... impatiently... :P

Good luck with your final exams and stuff :) Hope it goes well for you
I do GPE(Genuine Playing Experience), Screenshot-reinforced and detailed Bug-Reports for Campaigns. If you want me to check yours, be it Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta or finished, let me know. Since I don't know anything about coding, I'll be unable to tell you why something bad happens though. PM me.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Krolan wrote:Argh, you cliff-hangered me >.< Just finished the current version of Aria of the Dragon Slayer.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Series of Campaigns btw. You hooked me so bad with Song of Fire and now I'm lost waiting for the coclusion

I'll wait now... impatiently... :P

Good luck with your final exams and stuff :) Hope it goes well for you
I'm glad you're enjoying it ^_^ My final exams are over, so I'll be able to dedicate a lot of time to reviewing ASoF and WotJ and concluding AotDS. I hope Aria's ending will be a worthy finale for this series - at least in terms of big fights it won't disappoint ;-)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
naikon

Post by naikon »

First of all thanks for creating this awesome campaign. Especially music. I downloaded this from 1.12 server but it was showing some error'Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-desert' is missing'. But after replacing the main file with the file u posted on 16th october campaign started without error. So, I think u shud replace it on 1.12 server also.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

naikon wrote:First of all thanks for creating this awesome campaign. Especially music. I downloaded this from 1.12 server but it was showing some error'Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-desert' is missing'. But after replacing the main file with the file u posted on 16th october campaign started without error. So, I think u shud replace it on 1.12 server also.
I'm glad you've enjoyed it! ^_^
Speaking of 1.12, today I have released version 0.5.7 of A Song of Fire; I should have made it version 0.6.0, since it has some notable changes, but anyway...
This version is on both 1.11 and 1.12 servers; and here goes the changelog:

Code: Select all

V. 0.5.7

- Scenarios
    - Legend of the Water Dragon: some changes to map
    - Burning Revenge: Side 4 may now be commanded
	- Twilight of the Kingdoms: Allied sides may no longer be commanded
	- The Sky Dragon Descends: Some changes to dialogue
	- Blood of the Steppes: Reduced amount of gold received by Subutai
	- Ashes of the War: some changes to playlist
	- Besieged: some changes to playlist
	- Wings of Rebellion: changes to the map; Orc Sovereign doesn't get reinforcements if one of his allies was killed
	- Old Friends: Slight changes to dialogue
	- Wrath of the Heavens: Sacred Dawn schedule expanded; new map; added more Celestials to the Crystal Tower's defence

- Units
    - Changed Myra's resistances and XP needed for advancing (Nature Weaver line); changes to her resistances and attacks (Dragon Sorceress line)
	- Created modified version of Dwarvish Pathfinder/Explorer for Dvalin
	- Some changes to Maat's attacks and resistances
    - Removed Svarballi's Leadership and Skirmisher abilities; decreased his Fangs and Heavenly Wrath's damage
    - Gave Celestials 3 traits
	- Some changes to Ascended Seraph's and Corrupted Seraph's attacks and resistances
	- Added animation for Abhai's Rod of Justice attack
	- Decreased ranged attacks of Hannuk Horse Archer and Great Shaman
	- Corrected a bug which caused War of Legends' Chevalier to advance to a Celestial Crusader
- Artwork
    - Slight changes to the portraits of Jevyan, Dvalin, Varthan, Ogesh, Tarkyn, Liliel and Grigorius
	- Added portrait for Pius, Luces and Ouranis
	- Changed sprites of Nature Ascendant, Dragon Sorceress and Dragon Ascendant
	- New icons for some attacks
	- Added animation for the merfolk's storm trident attack
	- Added unique architecture for Crystal Tower

- WML
    - Various changes, most of which should not be noted by players; adjusted AI of many sides; chopped out unnecessary parts of code

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
naikon

Post by naikon »

Are save games of version 0.5.6 compatible with 0.5.7 ?
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

naikon wrote:Are save games of version 0.5.6 compatible with 0.5.7 ?
There should be no problem if you download 0.5.7 while still having saves from 0.5.6; the only problem that may appear, I think, would be related to unit storing, so if you notice there's any character missing, just tell me ;)

;-)
naikon

Post by naikon »

There should be no problem if you download 0.5.7 while still having saves from 0.5.6; the only problem that may appear, I think, would be related to unit storing, so if you notice there's any character missing, just tell me ;)
I will inform you surely if a unit is missing. :)
nathanson1947

Post by nathanson1947 »

I am using Wesnoth 1.12.0. I was playing at the easiest difficulty. I was playing the "Legend of the Water Dragon " scenario. I reached the point where Myra had encountered the Water Dragon fountain, and the stated scenario objective was now to bring Myra back to her keep. I succeeded in bringing Myra back to her keep, but this did not end the scenario.
Last edited by nathanson1947 on December 25th, 2014, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

nathanson1947 wrote:I am using Wesnoth 1.12.0. I was playing at the easiest difficulty. I was playing the "Legend of the Water Dragon " scenario. I reached the point where Myra had encountered the Water Dragon fountain, and the stated scenario objective was now to bring Myra back to her keep. I succeeded in bringing Myra back to her keep, but this did not end the scenario.
This again... :roll: Well, I didn't test the latest version on 1.12, perhaps there's something I missed... I'l see what may be, will provide a work around soon enough...

;-)
karkoon

Post by karkoon »

Great campaign!!
But I'm stuck.
In scenario Farewell I have 6 heroes and 10 low level creatures.
I don't know how to complete this scenario.
To many drakes and saurians.
I need help.
It's a bug or I do something wrong. =(
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hey,

Great campaign love playing it. But i've gotten to the level "the wilderness" and i cant seem to win. I've beaten every single enemy.
The saurian leader and every single enemy on the map. I've explored the whole map, discovered the alternate mountain entrance. Myra is standing on it and there are no enemies at all. But i can't win there is no "you won" the game just goes on turn after turn until i lose to having no turns left. Please let me know asap because i'd like to get back to the game while i'm still so invested.

Again thanks for the great campaign!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

karkoon wrote:Great campaign!!
But I'm stuck.
In scenario Farewell I have 6 heroes and 10 low level creatures.
I don't know how to complete this scenario.
To many drakes and saurians.
I need help.
It's a bug or I do something wrong. =(
In that scenario, you should start with all the units from your recall list, plus the surviving units from Dvalin's and Varthan's sides in the previous scenario. Did you finish The Sky Dragon Descends with only those 10 low-level units, or did you have others? If you only had those 10, I suggest going back to The Sky Dragon Descends, one turn before Myra and the others disappear, and recruit as many high-level dwarves and Aragwaithi you can with Dvalin and Varthan. If that's not the case, well, then it's a bug :hmm:
zebedee wrote:Hey,

Great campaign love playing it. But i've gotten to the level "the wilderness" and i cant seem to win. I've beaten every single enemy.
The saurian leader and every single enemy on the map. I've explored the whole map, discovered the alternate mountain entrance. Myra is standing on it and there are no enemies at all. But i can't win there is no "you won" the game just goes on turn after turn until i lose to having no turns left. Please let me know asap because i'd like to get back to the game while i'm still so invested.

Again thanks for the great campaign!
You must move Myra to 26,75 for the end scenario to be triggered, is that where you moved her?

BTW, everyone, this Monday I'll go on a travel, and will only be able to log in in February, so I'll try to solve every bug now. But I still have some things to prepare for the travel, so I may not have enough time for that; if I can't solve them all, I'm sorry :oops:

;-)
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Yeah i have myra on 26, 75 and all enemies are dead. Hope you enjoy your vacation and can find a way to fix this small bug before you go.. Guy needs something to do in all these long car rides lol.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

zebedee wrote:Yeah i have myra on 26, 75 and all enemies are dead. Hope you enjoy your vacation and can find a way to fix this small bug before you go.. Guy needs something to do in all these long car rides lol.
I no longer have my PC with me, I've left home already, so I won't be able to correct the bug now. But I can tell you a workaround: just use debug (type ':' and then 'debug'), and type 'n', and you'll be taken to the next scenario. There is no unit storing at the end of The Wilderness, so you should start Legend of the Water Dragon normally.
Again, sorry for not being able to properly solve the bug :-/ I hope you enjoy the rest of the campaign!

;-)
karkoon

Post by karkoon »

Thank for your quick answer and wonderful campaign.
I replayed previous scenario from several latest turns, tried to recruit new high level units,
but in Farewell have only this 10 low level creatures.
I didn't replay all previous scenario from beginning, because I pass through Farewell using debug mode.
Right now I finished whole campaign.