A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

regnak

Re: A Song of Fire: SP Campaign Feedback and Reviews

Post by regnak »

Ok good news and bad news but mostly good. I have my heroes and my recall list back for Where the Sun is Born. However Mya's level 4 is no longer there. Instead she is at 259/259 xp and her unit profile has no advancement. The part of Will of the Naiad part 2 where she shows up wasn't there. It stops after Jeyvan asked what happened to you.

editing to add: ok I found that advances to cheat and used that along with a created blood bat and she is now what she should be! :D
regnak

Post by regnak »

Up to Holy Fire now and really enjoying this continent. It's strange but I just found myself saying "I knew I could count on the Orcs!" :lol: :lol:

That is to attack vigorously and draw off most enemy attacks to their more damaged units.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Hello:

Disclaimer I BfW 1.11.15 on Windows 7.

I'm unable to start this campaign. When I try to I get the following error:

Code: Select all

El siguiente complemento contiene errores y no se ha podido cargar:
    A Song of Fire

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/War_of_Legends/units/elves-desert' is missing
    at ~add-ons/A_Song_of_Fire/_main.cfg:130

After to press Acept, it says:
Unknown scenario: 01_Rain_of Fire
Any help would be very much appreciated!
regnak

Post by regnak »

If you have the current War of Legends installed that is probably the problem. I had to go back to the previous version to continue after updated to the current one and started getting errors. See that thread for more info on how to do it.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

regnak wrote:If you have the current War of Legends installed that is probably the problem. I had to go back to the previous version to continue after updated to the current one and started getting errors. See that thread for more info on how to do it.
I will check it out (I understand that it's the War of the Legends thread, isn't it?). Thank you!
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

Ok good news and bad news but mostly good. I have my heroes and my recall list back for Where the Sun is Born. However Mya's level 4 is no longer there. Instead she is at 259/259 xp and her unit profile has no advancement. The part of Will of the Naiad part 2 where she shows up wasn't there. It stops after Jeyvan asked what happened to you.

editing to add: ok I found that advances to cheat and used that along with a created blood bat and she is now what she should be! :D
I didn't understand, you only managed to solve that problem with debug? If you did, it's another bug I must solve...
If you have the current War of Legends installed that is probably the problem. I had to go back to the previous version to continue after updated to the current one and started getting errors. See that thread for more info on how to do it.
War of Legends had a new release which changed the name of some folders, apparently; next release will have that corrected :-)
Author of the Dragon Trilogy.

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

Yes after Will of the Naiad she was still a nature Ascendant instead of the Dragon Sorceress like before. But I used the advances to debug on her and used the blood bat for a quick test to make sure it worked. It did! :D
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok I finished Wings of Rebellion on turn 15 but with negative gold>(and only after reloading due to finding about the ludicrous reinforcement if you don't kill the main orc first)

I get to Conquest of the Promised land and have 373 gold and the combined enemies have 1950 and I did change difficulty to easy a while back. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I really wish you hadn't taken the guy who complained things were too easy early in the thread to heart. I have nowhere near enough gold to win this. Shouldn't easy get more than 40% gold carryover? I mean it doesn't have to have the 80% NR had but more than 40%. If had minimum gold I would be out spent 6:1 instead of 5.2:1. I cannot see a way to do this without cheating.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

I get to Conquest of the Promised land and have 373 gold and the combined enemies have 1950 and I did change difficulty to easy a while back. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Maybe that's because, at the end of the dialogue scenario of Wings of Rebellion, I put bonus=no... But that shouldn't have caused such low starting gold, as I put bonus=no in every other dialogue-only scenario :hmm:
You can try to solve that like this:

Open the file of Wings_of_Rebellion_b, go to the bottom and replace this:

[endlevel]
            result=victory
            bonus=no
            {NEW_GOLD_CARRYOVER 100}
            carryover_report=no
            linger_mode=no
        [/endlevel]
with this:

[endlevel]
            result=victory
            bonus=yes
            {NEW_GOLD_CARRYOVER 100}
            carryover_report=no
            linger_mode=no
        [/endlevel]

If you enjoyed A Song of Fire, War of the Jewel, Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Soldier of Wesnoth, you may like my new project: Star of Chaos, a science-fiction mystery/adventure intended to be a trilogy
;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

I got 53 bonus gold the same as before. The point is that the 40% carryover doesn't leave much with the number of villages and the gold I had to spend to keep the useless Celestial alive. I had -207 gold by the end and after applying the paltry bonus I got 53 carryover to the next scenario.
revansurik

Post by revansurik »

regnak wrote:I got 53 bonus gold the same as before. The point is that the 40% carryover doesn't leave much with the number of villages and the gold I had to spend to keep the useless Celestial alive. I had -207 gold by the end and after applying the paltry bonus I got 53 carryover to the next scenario.
60% bonus, on the other hand, leaves the player with too much gold... Try not to recruit/recall too many units; some Stone Titans/Lava Behemoths/Aragwaithi Guardians on the walls, plus Myra and Ravyan and their leaderships, should hold off the orcs with some ease, specially considering how they're left on sandy terrain...

;-)
regnak

Post by regnak »

revansurik wrote:
regnak wrote:I got 53 bonus gold the same as before. The point is that the 40% carryover doesn't leave much with the number of villages and the gold I had to spend to keep the useless Celestial alive. I had -207 gold by the end and after applying the paltry bonus I got 53 carryover to the next scenario.
60% bonus, on the other hand, leaves the player with too much gold...
We are discussing easy mode here not normal. As it is the easy mode here is harder than numerous(as in everyone of them I have played which is around 8-10 of them) mainline campaigns on normal. If I had recruited fewer units I would have paid less maintenance per turn but I would have had to pay it for 26 turns instead of 15. Between that and no early finish bonus I don't see how I would be better off.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Ok finished part 2 after adding back the gold wasted in Wings of Rebellion.

Rise of Maat'Kare was a nice scenario although I am unsure if any of the new troops are that useful as long as I have my elementals. I will miss the Windsong as after the Elementals they were my next favorite troops.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Quick warning here. If in the middle of A Song of Fire DO NOT UPGRADE THE LEGEND BEGINS! It makes neither campaign work.
regnak

Post by regnak »

Embers of War was a nice fun scenario; the enemy orc leader got what was coming to him the vampire loving scum! :lol:

Now just started Forging Alliances and the dialog between Myra and Ronak was great!